Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
ive watched that harden dunk on drymond in a loop this morning mboone73 @mboone73

so beautiful

Reactions: mboone73

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer 2 short surveys (overall around 5-6 minutes for $0.6) | Accept
Requester: Rrr [A24ONBN0NQVDIV] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $8.56] [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.04] [Fast: 4.25] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 4.50] [Reviews: 30] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $8.33] [Pen: 1.00 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.60
Duration: 20 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Answer 2 short surveys (overall around 5-6 minutes for $0.6)
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3.1
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Kliq

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
my prolific looks weird now o_O

Reactions: Itsmee and jan

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
You should watch this TED video:

https://www.ted.com/talks/glenn_greenwald_why_privacy_matters

"Some might say "I don't care if they violate my privacy; I've got nothing to hide." Help them understand that they are misunderstanding the fundamental nature of human rights. Nobody needs to justify why they "need" a right: the burden of justification falls on the one seeking to infringe upon the right. But even if they did, you can't give away the rights of others because they're not useful to you. More simply, the majority cannot vote away the natural rights of the minority.

But even if they could, help them think for a moment about what they're saying. Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say.

A free press benefits more than just those who read the paper."

-Edward Snowden
It's not up to me who uses what technology. That being said, I still don't care if the PD uses software to compare my face to booking photos or pictures of missing women. Are you going to get upset if you get pulled over and the cop can see your entire criminal/driving record/license picture? As soon as an S-ID number comes across the radio, your information is all over the screens at the PD. It immediately tells the officer what the risks are to the public and to the officer him/herself. I don't know how the software would work, but if anything, I'm guessing it's less invasive than having your name searched by a dispatcher. With the software, I assume it's computers doing the comparing and IF something were to pop up, then a person would look at it.

Reactions: scrmcasey

Bokamo

Reaction score
OK although reading that article, it says that millenials are shaping up to be less sexually prolific than previous generations. I was surprised by that (I'm a solid Gen-X'er). I guess it seems like people are so much more...open? to multiple partners, etc. now than before, "slut shaming" is increasingly looked down upon, etc. so I was just surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.