05/24 - The Great Owl Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
I *think* the number used to go down just before people got it (and then the number went up again). Not sure if same day but maybe within a day or two before? Maybe someone else can back me up on this. Jaded @Jaded, do you remember?
No real specific reason, I'm just really curious because people are mentioning it on mtf.

And plus now that w can't see how many people have a qual, it's not like I could check anyway.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Quick question to anyone else that's been around for a long time. Is there any documentation of masters losing that qual on the same day that masters is given out? I.e. Some people get masters say, tomorrow. A few people with masters lose it. Is there any correlation between that?
I don't keep track of posts, but yes, there have been people that have lost masters the same day others have granted it and posted about it on the forums. When we used to keep track of it there were times it would go up and down w/out anyone posting anything (like getting it, or losing it.) Sometimes masters would be given out that week sometimes it wouldn't. But we can't really keep track anymore with the numbers being gone.

No one is gonna know any real details though, because it's all a secret inside amazon. Could be related could also not be, who knows? It's all speculation and :tinfoil:

Azazael

Reaction score
Quick question to anyone else that's been around for a long time. Is there any documentation of masters losing that qual on the same day that masters is given out? I.e. Some people get masters say, tomorrow. A few people with masters lose it. Is there any correlation between that?
I havent heard of it going like that, but yes, masters have lost masters before. That definitely has happened

Reactions: Tribune and Jaded

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
No real specific reason, I'm just really curious because people are mentioning it on mtf.
maybe when they suspend an account it doesn't take away the masters linked to that account. So just before they give new masters they go through and clean out all the suspended master accounts.

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
maybe when they suspend an account it doesn't take away the masters linked to that account. So just before they give new masters they go through and clean out all the suspended master accounts.
I think somebody actually got masters while their account was suspended

Bex

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link or some info explaining what "masters" is please, and thank you? I've seen the word flying around a lot, here, and on the site too!

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Someone on another forum was suspended recently, so there is, as always a lot of speculation and trepidation. It's just strange that Amazon is so opaque about everything. It's weird that requesters have to ask workers how to do things like reverse rejections and what not.

Reactions: Tribune

Eric Farmer

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link or some info explaining what "masters" is please, and thank you? I've seen the word flying around a lot, here, and on the site too!
This is a qualification Amazon gives out. Their own description states something about how it is supposed to only be given to workers who do lots of work and do lots of varied tasks. Since Amazon does not state the specifics of what qualifies someone for it nobody knows (other than Amazon of course).

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
Title: Survey on Your Budgeting Behavior | PANDA
Requester: Stanford GSB Behavioral Lab [A3OSXTUM1QEXNY] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.77 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.73 Generosity
★★★★ 4.43 Fairness
★★★★ 4.34 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 405 | TOS Flags: 4
Submit a new TO review
Description: This HIT is only for people who budget their spending. If you do not budget your spending, please do not perform this HIT. Earn $0.7 for 6-7 minutes
Time: 3 hours
HITs Available: 50
Reward: $0.70
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;Location is US

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This is a qualification Amazon gives out. Their own description states something about how it is supposed to only be given to workers who do lots of work and do lots of varied tasks. Since Amazon does not state the specifics of what qualifies someone for it nobody knows (other than Amazon of course).
How are Workers selected for the Masters program?

Masters Workers are selected based on a number of attributes including total assignments submitted, total earnings, tenure, and diversity of work type. If you’re an aspiring Master who’s been focused on a single work type, give a transcription task a shot or spend some time taking a survey.

http://mechanicalturk.typepad.com/

Reactions: Tribune

Spindle

Contributor
Reaction score
How are Workers selected for the Masters program?

Masters Workers are selected based on a number of attributes including total assignments submitted, total earnings, tenure, and diversity of work type. If you’re an aspiring Master who’s been focused on a single work type, give a transcription task a shot or spend some time taking a survey.

http://mechanicalturk.typepad.com/
Which means at random.

Reactions: j0e and Tribune

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Even though they gave it to people last round that never did surveys or transcriptions lol
The whole description is inaccurate, especially the "tenure" part. Look at all the people who have been working for years without it and the people who get it within a few months of starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.