05/24 - Whippet Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I have 15 years of cooking experience. Have been kitchen manger at outback (5yrs) applebees (2.5yrs) head chef, executive chef at two different non chain places. I was a professional painter, have worked as a carpenters helper (3yrs). I can do many things and if I wanted a "real" job I could find one in a week. The freedom of being able to work when I want without having to answer to anoyone is why I do this. Also the reason I enjoy being single. Life gets hectic, lonely, broke at times... any day I do what I want though. I answer to no one. I like that. Hope to invest or hone my online skills in another way to move past this platform in the future but the freedom of online work really fits me well.
Thanks for sharing. My brother in law is a cook, and I know well how those guys have to hustle. Especially in his case, because he worked for the Mouse (Disney Resort.)

I was a Technical Operator for a bank for about a decade, and a middling desktop support monkey before that. Basically I found a junior admin job, working data backups and such. After a few years I requested that they put the funds so I could get certified (all of our shit was in-house and dated), but that plan was cut short when they decided to outsource my entire group into Poland. I saw the writing on the wall, but I hesitated too much and wound up having to train the people who were to replace me for about half a year. Even now, I hear from my old VIP telling me about how the guys I trained are constantly screwing around.

I tried doing something in sales....cold calling and such. After doing night work for that amount of time, I nearly broke down from the stuff I had to deal with. I've become a lot less diplomatic and eager to work through shit than when I was young and 20. Mturk was a bit of a desperation move for me. I had an account since 2012, but never really looked into it. It worked out better than I hoped. No boss, and I was only constrained by my willingness to work.

Now I've said too much and the conversation is probably miles away already so here's a gif.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
We were, but your gif isn't there anymore, so I took mine down. :disapprove:
That's really weird, because I didn't take it down. And it still works for me

Reactions: Rerun
D

Deleted member 481

Think another batch of c-sats just dropped. That, or I got 7 someone returned, idk. Not something I wanna watch while eating chicken wings though.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Rerun

Forum Licker
Contributor
Reaction score
That's really weird, because I didn't take it down. And it still works for me
Probably in your cache. However, I kept it. Because I DID find our dance engaging and exciting. So okay. You can stay.

And yes, it IS a grower, thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.