05/25 - Bloodstained Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

fragments

Reaction score
It makes me sad that he's only 19 and it seems like both of his parent figures have already written him off. He's still young and dumb and is literally barely out of high school. He's still growing and learning and his brain is still developing. Give him a chance.
I hate how so many parents write off their kids and give them the boot just because legally at 18 they are no longer responsible, yet it's scientifically proven that our brains aren't fully developed until 24-26. We are all a bunch of morons until then. One of my sisters is about to turn 18 and it made me realize just how young and stupid 18 year olds are and why so many get eaten alive by life. Especially in the current climate overall.

There are exceptions for when they are being super dicks. My general blanket statement is just that.

Last edited:

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
In a weird way, it's nice to see that I'm not the only person dealing with this crap. My son acts like an entitled dick too. The whole reason he blew up at me and moved out? I asked him to do the dishes..literally asked, not crappy or rude or anything. He and my husband don't really get along (like he told my mom that he's willing to spend time with me, but not my husband because he "has no use for him", and his gf tried to tell me all this stuff about my husband being too hard on my kid, etc. Blah, it's all crap.
Good to know I'm not the only one that has BRATS. Only difference is one is 37 and the other is 34. They are the lazies MF there has ever been. I think they would let me wipe their asses if they could get away with it.

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
It's nice that they are being considerate towards workers and the mistake everyone will make eventually but then they follow it up with a straight out lie so i don't know how to feel about this.

"We understand that accidents happen and our windows cannot be reopened. If you accidentally close the window before submitting the correct code you will need to provide your Turk ID and need to email us ASAP. Any respondent that doesn't use the correct HIT code will have 1-2 hours to reach out before we disqualify your HIT and delete your data. Mechanical Turk does NOT allow us to reverse a rejection."

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
A9's sometimes I'm like how about just one bubble that says forget the rest of these questions because this one is just WHAT IN THE WORLD.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And there's the rub for me. I'm trying to figure out where to draw the line between tough love and making concessions. This stuff is a pivotal moment in his journey to being an adult, I want to influence him in the right way.
It really really sucks when you try to make him be an adult and all he has to do is talk to daddy and he gets out of it, and having a conversation with that side of his family does no good at all.

It's all I can do to not literally say...you are a 40 year old man that lives at home with his dad and you also work for your dad because you can't hold any other job because you won't try to do anything...do you realize you are literally turning your son/grandson into the same thing?

But that does no good there's no telling the grandpa or the dad that they are literally creating the same environment that has caused his dad to not do anything in life.

Reactions: KYKITTY and Bokamo

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
Teenage stepdaughters...not my favorite thing in the world. I won't go into detail but I'll say they are daddy's little girls, and he can't put the hammer down on them. Oh, and neither can I because then "I have something against them." Ok, at least I got your oldest on birth control because she skips school to bang a man that just got out of prison. Ok I said I wouldn't go into detail, my bad...makes me rage. Maybe we should change subject lol

Reactions: KYKITTY and Bokamo

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: Psychological threats, emotions, and attitudes as they relate to intimate romantic relationships (~10mins) | Accept
Requester: ResearchLTU [A2WP3ATUVNPTKU] Contact
TO: [Pay: 4.75] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 5] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $8.37] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.00
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 1
Description: ONLY 18 , US citizens, and long-term romantic relationship (1 years)
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.2
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: An Employment and Personality Survey (~ 45 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Chris Calhoun [A3TFWFSELA2MI2] Contact
TO: [Pay: 4.15] [Fast: 4.22] [Comm: 3.20] [Fair: 3.93] [Reviews: 24] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $4.00
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Description: Self-report surveys about work and personal life.
Requirements: Exc: [-415228222-87963] DoesNotExist; Masters Exists; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: Academic Survey: Your Opinion about Keep America Beautiful (est. 6 min) | Accept
Requester: Jessica Nolan, Ph.D. [A22ZPJFLKBU840] Contact
TO: [Pay: 2.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 5] [ToS: 2]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 20 minutes
Description: In this study you will be asked to share your thoughts and perceptions of the organization Keep America Beautiful and the behavior of littering. (4-8 min)
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: 4ourfuture

Miriette

Shitpost Appreciator
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Academic Survey: Your Opinion about Keep America Beautiful (est. 6 min) | Accept
Requester: Jessica Nolan, Ph.D. [A22ZPJFLKBU840] Contact
TO: [Pay: 2.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 5] [ToS: 2]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 20 minutes
Description: In this study you will be asked to share your thoughts and perceptions of the organization Keep America Beautiful and the behavior of littering. (4-8 min)
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Quick word of caution on this one: the requester asks for your full name at the end. I just put in my Worker ID and told them in the comment box that they're violating TOS.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Relationships, Stress and Diabetes | Accept
Requester: Yubelky Rodriguez [A10TW49XVPBP6E] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $0.50
Duration: 1 hour
Description: This is a study about stress, the way people take care of their diabetes and relationships.
Requirements: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3.1
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Jaded

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hate how so many parents write off their kids and give them the boot just because legally at 18 they are no longer responsible, yet it's scientifically proven that our brains aren't fully developed until 24-26. We are all a bunch of morons until then. One of my sisters is about to turn 18 and it made me realize just how young and stupid 18 year olds are and why so many get eaten alive by life. Especially in the current climate overall.

There are exceptions for when they are being super dicks. My general blanket statement is just that.
All I'm going to say about this is when he makes life difficult for every single person that lives in my house by literally being a self entitled dick what are you suppose to do other than ask him to leave? We're being nice and waiting till he goes to college but if he chooses to stay longer it won't be for free just due to how non helpful and difficult he is.

He literally told our 14 year old daughter she was a stupid whore that he'd like to punch in the face because she disagreed with his opinion.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | Accept
Requester: Eunmi Jeon [A14NW0TZ5VTZGE] Contact
TO: [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 7 minutes
Description: Give us your opinion about our products
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Kliq

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: This survey will be about the usage of a MOBILE website | Accept
Requester: Jonathan Hildebrand [A37IVWTBD21B20] Contact
TO: [Pay: 1.82] [Fast: 2.19] [Comm: 1.73] [Fair: 2.00] [Reviews: 36] [ToS: 4]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 0% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$3.00
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 2
Description: You will review several pages on a desktop website and then be asked to provide feedback.
Requirements: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: Collect data from the International Movie Database (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | Accept
Requester: olivier toubia [A2W8Y76NHV5KKF] Contact
TO: [Pay: 4.87] [Fast: 4.96] [Comm: 4.59] [Fair: 4.93] [Reviews: 62] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.00
Duration: 1 day
Description: You will be asked to retrieve information from IMDB.com
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Teenage stepdaughters...not my favorite thing in the world. I won't go into detail but I'll say they are daddy's little girls, and he can't put the hammer down on them. Oh, and neither can I because then "I have something against them." Ok, at least I got your oldest on birth control because she skips school to bang a man that just got out of prison. Ok I said I wouldn't go into detail, my bad...makes me rage. Maybe we should change subject lol
Does she take her birth control...I've had that issue where you get it for them then they won't take it.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Collect data from the International Movie Database (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | Accept
Requester: olivier toubia [A2W8Y76NHV5KKF] Contact
TO: [Pay: 4.87] [Fast: 4.96] [Comm: 4.59] [Fair: 4.93] [Reviews: 62] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.00
Duration: 1 day
Description: You will be asked to retrieve information from IMDB.com
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
really easy but some might think it's underpaid for the amount of tab switching? not sure

Reactions: Bokamo and Jaded
Status
Not open for further replies.