05/26 - Super Speed Sunday!

Do you drink at least 8 glasses of water a day?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jijab

Reaction score
did it have a University IRB thing on the consent page. I've seen that this is a new requester so I wonder if it's ripe for rejection.
I realized the other day that if you've already submitted a hit and missed the contact information you can go to MTS hit tracker and find it and you can click on the little Src icon in the middle of the page under title and it will bring you to the hit. I had a rejection and had contacted the requester twice over the course of a week with no reply. I clicked on the Src, opened the survey and found the IRB information and sent an email. The rejection was reversed the next day.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
$635 for the week which is absolutely amazing given the fact my internet was out for 3 to 4 hours every weekday last week.
Hope Comcast has its shit together this week but I'm not counting on it.

spchles1

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your experiences and emotions. | PANDA
Requester: Rachel Burgess [A12RL2P4GYWNI1] (Req TV): $21.63/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Answer questions regarding your experiences, emotions, and intentions. You must be 18 years or older and work full time to participate.
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: Age - 35 - 45 EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; TookForgoneLab DoesNotExist ;
6 min / writing

Reactions: mboone73

KittyTacos

Reaction score
I realized the other day that if you've already submitted a hit and missed the contact information you can go to MTS hit tracker and find it and you can click on the little Src icon in the middle of the page under title and it will bring you to the hit. I had a rejection and had contacted the requester twice over the course of a week with no reply. I clicked on the Src, opened the survey and found the IRB information and sent an email. The rejection was reversed the next day.

Yeah, in academic surveys the institution’s Internal Review Board oversees these studies. When issues with the hit can’t be resolved through the requester, you can appeal to the IRB to intercede.

Reactions: PJ-DIY and jijab

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm lost because I don't know what University IRB thing is and why it's a sign of rejection.
IRB stands for Institutional Review Board and it is a committee at every university that oversees research that involves human subjects. Its purpose is to ensure that the human subjects are treated in a fair & safe manner, and in the case of mTurk, the IRB can be contacted if a requester unfairly withholds payment or unfairly rejects work. Seeing the IRB message at the start of a survey provides some measure of reassurance that the survey is legit & the requester will act fairly.

did it have a University IRB thing on the consent page. I've seen that this is a new requester so I wonder if it's ripe for rejection.
While you're not wrong to approach new requesters with some caution, there is nothing about this requester that stands out as sketchy or dishonest. Also, pay attention to the countries that requesters are from... Academic research funding in a country like Germany tends to be very good, so there's virtually no need for a requesters, such as this one, to reject a HIT in order to get free data, if that's your concern.

Now if a new requester was based out of Superb Technical University of Glorious Uzbekistan then I'd probably avoid their survey.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I'll throw a pity party with you.
It's okay to have a pity party every now and then. Just for 30 minutes or so. Let's cry it out
Your supportiveness is making it difficult to feel sorry for myself.

spchles1

Reaction score
Title: Experiment with bonus opportunities | PANDA
Requester: The Choice Lab [A18FWM3BGZIW4S] (Req TV): $24.94/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
We are conducting an experiment where you will be asked to do four 5-minute tasks. Depending on your actions, you may earn additional money during the experiment.
Time: 50 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: MMSLOGAN DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US;
12 min + $1 Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.