06/02 - Tisane Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
I dream of real bagels, YAHU @YAHU
I dream of them....................or a bialy.

I actually ordered a dozen bialy's from the city - shipped down here and they were SO bad it was shocking. I mean, I could have gotten them from Publix.

Reactions: YAHU and VGB

Labrat

Burning the midnight oil with napalm.
Reaction score
So my girlfriend and a couple other friends got tickets to see Journey tonight, and I've got to work night shift. So I'm sitting here turking and listening to Journey on Pandora, and if I close my eyes, it totally feels like I'm kinda not anywhere close to being at an awesome concert., *sigh*

Christa

you didn't see that
Contributor
Reaction score
rabies shot is probably the only thing she DOES need. i find the other "recommended vaccines" to be useless for my dog. especially like bordetella, which is kennel cough, unless you're boarding them or taking them to the dog park all the time.
I foster a lot so they come into contact with dogs in pretty bad shape.

Reaction score
Pretty disgusted that those Jeff Lind hits are going down. I suppose, even if they were a penny people would do them. They might as well put them for $0.00 with "Great for numbers!" in the headline.
It is sometimes just best to stay out of it (further clarification below with a short story) and hope that less people do them. Many Turkers have different circumstances such as, live in a different country (so their fine with whatever little/any money they can make), some need the numbers for milestones/cushion for rejections, need to pay the bills (so need money ASAP.) It is a little difficult to the extent that it affects some/most of us. New requesters/or un-ethical requesters will choose to reduce their pay on Hits (since they see/believe is the norm to do Hits for .02 etc.)

Story: I brought it up once out of curiosity why people did certain Hits somewhere else. It got ugly real fast. I ended up being the bad person. I was made to feel inferior because, I didn't do the .02 Hits that took 3-4minutes a piece and questioned the pay of the Hits. I now look away. I quickly learned how the saying goes "Turk your own Turk."

My post was not made with any intent to discourage, harm, or put down anyone who does .02 Hits. It was not also formed/structured to directly attack Maria Tortilla @Maria Tortilla. However, my post was made based on my experience and what I have learned in the year I have been turking.

TL;DR: I quickly learned the lesson of "Turk your own Turk" while asking others why they did Hits that paid .02 for 3-4 minutes of work.

Last edited:

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Pleco

Shuten Doge

You would feel small...like a rat. Radials
Reaction score
It is sometimes just best to stay out of it (further clarification below with a short story) and hope that less people do them. Many Turkers have different circumstances such as, live in a different country (so their fine with whatever little/any money they can make), some need the numbers for milestones/cushion for rejections, need to pay the bills (so need money ASAP.) It is a little difficult to the extent that it affects some/most of us. New requesters/or un-ethical requesters will choose to reduce their pay on Hits (since they see/believe is the norm to do Hits for .02 etc.)

Story: I brought it up once out of curiosity why people did certain Hits somewhere else. It got ugly real fast. I ended up being the bad person. I was made to feel inferior because, I didn't do the .02 Hits that took 3-4minutes a piece and questioned the pay of the Hits. I now look away. I quickly learned how the saying goes "Turk your own Turk."

My post was not made with any intent to discourage, harm, or put down anyone who does .02 Hits. It was not also formed/structured to directly attack Maria Tortilla @Maria Tortilla. However, my post was made based on my experience and what I have learned in the year I have been turking.

TL;DR: I quickly learned the lesson of "Turk your own Turk" while asking others why they did Hits that paid .02 for 3-4 minutes of work.
Just because a group of people want you to be the bad guy, doesn't actually mean you are. Also allowing a requester to set such a precedent is bad for everyone. A review of lind says you can "make 8.40 an hour doing these, what do you expect on mturk?". Well ignoring the fact that doing 7 of these a minute isn't exactly easy, I expect people to not diminish their earning potential because they are "working from mturk". I also expect people to not just accept across the board pay cuts for literally no reason.

jan

Reaction score

jan

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.