06/05 - Monster Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Question: Is it foolish to drop bitch batches late at night? Should I wait until the morning when people are fresh?
People work 24/7. Personally, I do more HITs at night because I'm busy a lot of the day. It's only 9pm on the west coast. :) You'll probably get the batch done faster if it's posted right during daytime/prime time hours but if having it done super speedy isn't a big deal for you, then it doesn't really matter.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Question: Is it foolish to drop bitch batches late at night? Should I wait until the morning when people are fresh?
Bitch batches you say.
:writing:

Morning is probably the best for me, but that's just me. We have a lot of night turkers here too.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
We all love bitch batches. I kind of love you for that typo. It works very well here! :D

But in all seriousness, no, it's not foolish at all. There are morning people and night people, so they'll always get done no matter what. :)

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
People work at all times of the day. My schedule is random depending on the work. I do usually try to get up early EST to start work and I do like your hits.

Reactions: Rerun and Shockwave

Antamania

TO Mod
Reaction score
You will always find workers if it's reasonably paid as these are.

Also, I enabled your commenting on TO if you wish to respond directly to those who complained about the rejections.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: Rerun

John Scharbach

Requester
Reaction score
I usually see at least $0.10 for a simple "find an email" HIT. It'd be even higher if they want a name, address, position, etc.
Hm. So for each of the blurbs, I also get owner name + best email. I use a guy in Pakistan that runs an agency and can handle 2-3k per day at $0.35 per valid email (with a 5% service fee from Upwork). He also does good QA (checks the work, validates the emails, etc.).

Fair to say that I'm not going to get much better pricing via MTurk, at least without investing in creating a highly selective pool of workers?

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hm. So for each of the blurbs, I also get owner name + best email. I use a guy in Pakistan that runs an agency and can handle 2-3k per day at $0.35 per valid email (with a 5% service fee from Upwork). He also does good QA (checks the work, validates the emails, etc.).

Fair to say that I'm not going to get much better pricing via MTurk, at least without investing in creating a highly selective pool of workers?
Such a fair wage. Wish more requesters were like you. You saw that I had to do more work for a 1/3 of that price, which is something we all wouldn't normally do.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: new product evaluation W3 | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: helen [AYPAX0JCT7U2P] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.58] [Fast: 3.04] [Comm: 1.33] [Fair: 2.63] [Reviews: 33] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Please take this approximately 3-minutes survey
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

Reactions: Rerun

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score

For a name, email, and verification of that information, you're not going to be able to get high quality data for much less than $0.35 if you used MTurk instead. I think that may be due to the fact that somewhere around 70% of MTurkers are Americans and have different pay expectations.

The difference may be that MTurk could get you 2000 HITs done in way less than a full day.

Last edited:

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
For a name, email, and verification of that information, you're not going to be able to get high quality data for much less than $0.35 if you used MTurk instead. I think that may be due to the fact that somewhere around 70% of MTurkers are Americans and have different pay expectations.
Also just different state wages too. Alabama has something like $7/hr whereas up here in Washington it's almost double that in Seattle alone.

charlie

Reaction score
i don't honestly think it matters. There's a bunch here who don't do mturk work during the day and would rather work overnight for whatever reason.. IRL jobs, family needs, etc. I personally do my best work during early evenings but that's because I'm not on the clock and I'm able to concentrate purely on mturk work. Maybe split up batches to see what you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.