• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Afternoon,
Very sad. Was going to show granddaughter how I used to play songs on phone keypad. Realized cell phones don't make each number sound different. That is all. ( I know I can use apps for Ocarina and other things but still........)
Aww, I didn't even realize that. I used to play Funkytown and the Power Rangers theme on the intercom at one of my old jobs by doing that.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Yeah, there was actually one guy on MTG back in the day that spent his first month or two on MTurk grinding out every penny HIT he could find and just expected to get masters right away because of it. Then he was have these massive public meltdowns every time masters went out and he didn't get it.
Think I remember this. Though, a lot of people seem to have meltdowns about masters because they can't seem to just let it go.

Reactions: aveline

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Think I remember this. Though, a lot of people seem to have meltdowns about masters because they can't seem to just let it go.
not gonna lie, I'm slightly disappointed every time masters goes out and I don't get it. But I just remind myself that it's a random qual and not necessarily something reflecting my worth as an MTurker. :thumbsup:

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
You just have to let it go. I've been doing this way longer than I'm happy to admit, and I don't have it, but I do alright without it. Peachy @Peachy lost his and things didn't change much. Plus a lot of requesters still are fine putting masters quals on shit work, thinking that if you see masters on it, you might automatically that it means its good.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
not gonna lie, I'm slightly disappointed every time masters goes out and I don't get it. But I just remind myself that it's a random qual and not necessarily something reflecting my worth as an MTurker. :thumbsup:
I think it's normal to be upset about not getting it, but this guy would actually attack people for getting it just because they had fewer approved HITs than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.