06/06 - Maroon Clownfish Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinity

Masochist or Mturker? You decide.
Contributor
Reaction score
That moment when you finally get to a decently paying survey you've had in queue for awhile and there's like, 8 minutes left on the timer and it offers no estimated time it will take to complete and you have to decide to either try going for it or throw it back...

Last edited:

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
"A 2011 study conducted at the University of Virginia, published in the journal Pediatrics, tested the show's effect on preschool-aged children's attention spans and cognitive abilities. The study had three groups of four-year-olds each engaged in activities; one group watched Caillou, another watched SpongeBob SquarePants, and the third group drew pictures. After nine minutes, the children were tested on mental functions; those that watched Caillou had very similar results to the group that drew pictures, both of whom performed significantly better than the group that watched theSpongeBob episode." [citation (pdf)]

:eek:

RancidYetti

[redacted]
Reaction score
That moment when you finally get to a decently paying survey you've had in queue for awhile and there's like, 8 minutes left on the timer and it offers no estimated time it will take to complete and you have to decide to either try going for it or throw it back...

Thumbs up for Larry David

Shannon

Reaction score
I got turned down a couple years ago because I was in college and not working at least half time. Guess I'll eat my books, then
In college and someone how I manage to make 20 hours a week on minimum wage turking.

Reactions: Tribune

SquishyFluffkin

Contributor
Reaction score
In college and someone how I manage to make 20 hours a week on minimum wage turking.
I'm in school full time now. I took this last semester off, but I just got my AS and I go back in the fall to start my junior year on my Bachelors. Turking is just about the only job I can do with how busy I am. Thank god for Pell Grants.

Shannon

Reaction score
I'm in school full time now. I took this last semester off, but I just got my AS and I go back in the fall to start my junior year on my Bachelors. Turking is just about the only job I can do with how busy I am. Thank god for Pell Grants.
I start school again next monday and I have to wait till july 15th for my student loan. yay summer -.-

UnspunReality

Reaction score
My foodstamps got cancelled this month cause I didn't send proof of my hours worked. So that's nice.
I finally said fuck you to SNAP. They graced me with 16 bucks a month and this month was my lolo re certification and I was like fuck off.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Live Group Activity -- Use UNU to Answer Questions as a Swarm, 2:00pm ET TODAY | PANDA
Requester: Unanimous A.I. [A1OVB3ATBAQ1KM] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.20 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.92 Generosity
★★★★ 4.26 Fairness
★★★★ 4.76 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 30 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Live Group Activity -- Use UNU to Answer Questions as a Swarm, 2:00pm ET TODAY ~10 minutes,
Time: 40 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 80

Reactions: <Gucci> and Tribune

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Job Interests Survey | PANDA
Requester: Identifor [A1KY3YP0366FBU] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: This survey asks you to indicate whether you like or dislike performing various types of jobs.
Time: 30 minutes
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 80

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have done too many hits for this requester anyone else not maxed out on them enjoy

Title: A short survey about brand | PANDA
Requester: Rong Huang [A3EJV93XYEE3SA] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.29 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.93 Generosity
★★★★ 4.52 Fairness
★★★★ 4.73 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 64 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Complete several tasks and answer some questions
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: T&F has not been granted;Total approved HITs is greater than 500;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98;Location is US

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I finally said fuck you to SNAP. They graced me with 16 bucks a month and this month was my lolo re certification and I was like fuck off.
$16 a month is such an insult, like why even bother.

Reactions: <Gucci> and Tribune

jan

Reaction score
Obviously I took the same survey a month ago, received a rejection. I sent an email suggesting they set up a qual or a list of worker ID's for us to search through manually. This was their response.

Thank you for participating in our survey. My name is ___________. I am a member of Dr. ______'s research team. My job is to assure collecting quality data.

Adding a qualification will burden our budget. This is a scientific research with a limited grant. We are unable to add a list of IDs since our survey is not built on another website (this option works only for such surveys).

Thus far, we recruited almost 1000 workers via Mechanical Turk. Only few took the survey more than once. Everyone else did not.

Moreover, for protecting confidentiality, we cannot include workers IDs in the survey.

For each replicated survey, we search all the records too. It is challenging but it can be done.

We were fair and did reimburse you for the completed survey the first time. Unfortunately, we cannot do it again. As I noted earlier, our budget is limited. We also cannot refrain from taking a decision for each case (either approve or reject). This is MT policy for requesters.

You noted not having any records for your previous participation. Therefore, I attached your records with this email.

Thank you for your understanding.
Sigh, perhaps she should have asked for advice, rather than that.............

Shannon

Reaction score
$16 a month is such an insult, like why even bother.
I was atleast getting 79 :( I didn't have school last month and I should of gotten max this month cause I didn't make crap.

BrewMeister

1) d4
Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone throws back the UNU, give a yell...

Now, has anyone started in on that $5.60 monster? I have a feeling it's going to be like going to Tijuana wanting a good time and instead of getting the Selma Hayek lookalike you get the donkey wearing a partyhat.....

Jesicu

Contributor
Reaction score

Now, has anyone started in on that $5.60 monster? I have a feeling it's going to be like going to Tijuana wanting a good time and instead of getting the Selma Hayek lookalike you get the donkey wearing a partyhat.....
About 20 minutes for me.

Shannon

Reaction score

I haven't started it yet but it estimates an hour with a 2 hour timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.