06/07 - Taco Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Cincinnati chili or meat but I like putting nutmeg in broccoli soup (or in any recipe that has a lot of broccoli).
:eek::hungry:

I make lots of broccoli things and now I am going to experiment with the nutmeg.

My kid loves and adores broccoli, so I have to tread lightly until I verify he will still love and adore it with nutmeg in the mix. If not, I'll just make my part with nutmeg.

Frack. Now I want breakfast soft tacos with nutmegged broccoli on the side for dinner.

Reactions: Sondi and jklmnop

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
My gramma asked me to make her mashed potatoes one time (she was blind so she couldn't do it.) And I decided to experiment and I put nutmeg in it and it was the most awful thing ever but she was like "good job amber, this is great" and ate all of it.

And that's the end of somewhat related story time.

Last edited:

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Cincinnati chili or meat but I like putting nutmeg in broccoli soup (or in any recipe that has a lot of broccoli).
I've always thought about this recipe as inspiration for the sweet/savory meat deal, though I've never made anything like it; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMYeeMvC8I

My grandma also put cinnamon in her polish golabki (stuffed cabbage) so that's where I acquired the taste

Nutmeg is awesome in broccoli cheese soup and butternut squash soup

:hungry:

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
My gramma asked me to make her mashed potatoes one time (she was blind so she couldn't do it.) And I decided to expirement and I put nutmeg in it and it was the most awful thing ever but she was like "good job amber, this is great" and ate all of it.

And that's the end of somewhat related story time.
That is a truly awesome grandma who was just happy you took the time to make her something she wanted. Even if it tasted gross.

I choked down a few less than appetizing items when the kiddo was littler and would make me breakfast in bed. I would just remind myself, "it's all edible. None of it will kill you. It tastes horrible mixed together, but individually you like all of these things."

Reactions: Sondi and Jaded

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I've always thought about this recipe as inspiration for the sweet/savory meat deal, though I've never made anything like it; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMYeeMvC8I

My grandma also put cinnamon in her polish golabki (stuffed cabbage) so that's where I acquired the taste

Nutmeg is awesome in broccoli cheese soup and butternut squash soup

:hungry:
I do put nutmeg in the butternut squash soup. Along with cumin. An interesting, yet surprisingly awesome, combination in this soup (along with a little bit of sour cream melted in).

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
That is a truly awesome grandma who was just happy you took the time to make her something she wanted. Even if it tasted gross.

I choked down a few less than appetizing items when the kiddo was littler and would make me breakfast in bed. I would just remind myself, "it's all edible. None of it will kill you. It tastes horrible mixed together, but individually you like all of these things."
Yeah, she was pretty awesome.

Reactions: tricker and Sondi

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Y'all suck. It's almost 5pm and now I'm freaking starving after all this food talk. I will be going by the store for like 50 ingredients on my way home so I can make pots and pots of all the yummy stuff.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Opinions and Attitudes about Online Videos | Accept
Requester: Brock Bastian [AB7F6PMGV5XY3] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.14] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.43] [Fast=4.81] [Comm=4.43] [Fair=4.69] [Reviews=117] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=10.92] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 28800
Available: 5
Description: In this survey you will watch a short online video and then will be asked about your opinions and attitudes about it
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Last edited:

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Y'all suck. It's almost 5pm and now I'm freaking starving after all this food talk. I will be going by the store for like 50 ingredients on my way home so I can make pots and pots of all the yummy stuff.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Y'all, I just got a birthday card from my bestie's son, who is 6. He picked it out himself and everything. It's a bunch of dogs and cats. It's just from Bruce. NO ONE ELSE. I don't want kids, but damn I love her kids.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Online Vilification | Accept
Requester: David G Cowan [A3UH00VV5A9RQW] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.60
Duration: 3600
Available: 45
Description: Complete a psychological survey that will explore your attitudes toward online vilification. Completion will take approximately 12 minutes.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: jklmnop

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess I'll go make the kids some damn dinner.
My PE is a whole lot of not catching shit :/
Today was pretty awful. I wasn't looking for anything but I usually catch $10 of like random panda stuff and instead I got $1.73

Status
Not open for further replies.