06/10 - Spineroony Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
What were the headphones that broke? Are you looking for closed back or open back? Are you going to wear these only inside or outside as well?
They were used for gaming primarily. Closed/open doesn't matter. Inside primarily. I have bluetooth workout headphones already.

lemming2

Reaction score
Someone needs to set-up a communications website for Requestors so we can let them know that if they want people to do their really poorly paid surveys and stuff to bring them up on Saturdays. That way when we're here starving we can kill ourselves on 2 hour long bubble surveys that pay 1$.

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I can't use the Sony 7506s at the computer because the fucking cord makes me furious. It's so annoying. But they sound great.
Yeah, if it weren't for that huge ass umbilical cord I'd be wearing those 24/7. They're relatively cheap and sound great.

Reactions: jklmnop and Kerek

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh shit.
I will be at some point next week.
Sounds delicious. :hungry:
It really is. Papa Johns did a perfect job at making you tell yourself you're a fat slob for eating it

Reactions: C to the J

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Someone needs to set-up a communications website for Requestors so we can let them know that if they want people to do their really poorly paid surveys and stuff to bring them up on Saturdays. That way when we're here starving we can kill ourselves on 2 hour long bubble surveys that pay 1$.
you shouldn't be doing that
but if you do, make sure to leave them a 5/5 pay rating on Turkopticon if it was at least fun

lemming2

Reaction score
you shouldn't be doing that
but if you do, make sure to leave them a 5/5 pay rating on Turkopticon if it was at least fun

I don't but super slow days like today make them tempting. But usually I do well to remember not to reward poor pay.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
They were used for gaming primarily. Closed/open doesn't matter. Inside primarily. I have bluetooth workout headphones already.
Honestly, I'd go for these guys

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138190

They're probably the best value for the money right now, and it's a good introduction into quality headphones. You have to realize what you like and don't like about headphones and then go looking for that once you know your taste. You can see where these fall short or what you enjoy about them, and then upgrade from there and wait for the Christmas sales when you can find a ton of headphone deals.

Kuddish

Me fail English! That's unpossible
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Learn new categories (15-20 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Adelaide CompCogSci [A2UKL52R7I6BX7] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.58] [Fast: 4.71] [Comm: 4.14] [Fair: 4.72] [Reviews: 102] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $12.45/hr] [Pen: 0.05 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
In this experiment you'll see 100 examples of stylized amoebas and learn to categorise them.
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10
Very Nice... Around 10 minutes

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd go for these guys

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138190

They're probably the best value for the money right now, and it's a good introduction into quality headphones. You have to realize what you like and don't like about headphones and then go looking for that once you know your taste. You can see where these fall short or what you enjoy about them, and then upgrade from there and wait for the Christmas sales when you can find a ton of headphone deals.
Using these right now for the computer. They're great, although I think the Sony 7506s sound a little better. But the Sony cord is so annoying I can't use them here.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty much the Sony vs. Philips at this point. Philips is cheaper and the cord for the Sony does look annoying Kerek @Kerek ...hmmm...

Reactions: Kerek

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty much the Sony vs. Philips at this point. Philips is cheaper and the cord for the Sony does look annoying Kerek @Kerek ...hmmm...
Literally if your computer is on the right of you, you will want to murder someone after an hour. If it's on the left you might be okay.

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Using these right now for the computer. They're great, although I think the Sony 7506s sound a little better. But the Sony cord is so annoying I can't use them here.
if the cord is too annoying for you to use at a computer, where do you even use it then?

Reactions: jklmnop and Kerek

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Literally if your computer is on the right of you, you will want to murder someone after an hour. If it's on the left you might be okay.
It's on the left.

Reactions: Kerek
Status
Not open for further replies.