Not open for further replies.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
If you are working on these be careful.

Title: Mapping Crop Fields in Africa | PANDA
Requester: Mapping Africa [A15S5X1QUOQG4A] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.40 Generosity
★★★★★ 2.20 Fairness
★★★★ 4.75 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 5 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Our project aims to improve existing maps of cropland in Africa, which are based on automated analyses of satellite images. We think your keen eyes and image interpretation skills will do a better job!
Time: 24 hours
HITs Available: 55
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;Mapping Africa has been granted

I just got a reject because my accuracy was below 60%. Some of these are really difficult to tell what is or isn't farmland.

D

Deleted member 481

If you are working on these be careful.

Title: Mapping Crop Fields in Africa | PANDA
Requester: Mapping Africa [A15S5X1QUOQG4A] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.40 Generosity
★★★★★ 2.20 Fairness
★★★★ 4.75 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 5 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Our project aims to improve existing maps of cropland in Africa, which are based on automated analyses of satellite images. We think your keen eyes and image interpretation skills will do a better job!
Time: 24 hours
HITs Available: 55
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;Mapping Africa has been granted

I just got a reject because my accuracy was below 60%. Some of these are really difficult to tell what is or isn't farmland.
I tried the qual & gave up. It felt like too much work and too much gray area in what was considered an active cropland for the pay.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Way off topic but, if you're on the DNC list for phone solicitors, and a company calls you twice a week asking for another person that you don't know, can't you sue them? This has been going on for 6 months or more. I just got really freaked out because I had a voicemail from the "IRS" stating that they were about to take action. I've been through an intense audit rather recently(3 years) so, that is still fresh in my mind. I know that I've settled everything from them. But, I got that new job yesterday(haven't started yet) and it seemed like a strange, coincidental, yet bad, turn of events. Like they new, before even filling out W2/I-9 stuff, that I was working. I was so worried that I stalled for 2 hours before calling back. But, when I get ahold of these people, I know the guys voice because I've heard it more than 150 times. It wasn't the IRS at all. It was the foreign gentleman who offered me a grant of $2500 but ended up telling me he was going to report me to the police about my lack of tax filing for 2015, and that they were on there way to arrest me. Should I call somebody about this? It's starting to get really bothersome.
It's one of many obnoxious fishing scams. We get calls 3 times a day, at least, from people pretending to be the IRS. Or people who will fix our HVAC. Or people who can see that my computer has a virus.

Suing them is impractical, as they're most likely 4 people sitting in a living room with 90 rotary phones and a lot of time on their hands.

You can report them to the government via one of the fraud/scam channels, and they'll eventually get shut down. But once your phone number is out there and recognized as an active number, you're probably going to get a lot of these sorts of things.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It's one of many obnoxious fishing scams. We get calls 3 times a day, at least, from people pretending to be the IRS. Or people who will fix our HVAC. Or people who can see that my computer has a virus.

Suing them is impractical, as they're most likely 4 people sitting in a living room with 90 rotary phones and a lot of time on their hands.

You can report them to the government via one of the fraud/scam channels, and they'll eventually get shut down. But once your phone number is out there and recognized as an active number, you're probably going to get a lot of these sorts of things.
Thanks Lepi @Lepi! Solid answer. electrolyte @electrolyte , thanks for the link. :D

Reactions: electrolyte

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm confused. What do people who don't roll them together do? Just have a drawer of random socks and dig around to find matches?
Who the hell has time to match socks?

My socks live in a sentient pile in one of my drawers, and I grab 2 that look basically the same size.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I tried the qual & gave up. It felt like too much work and too much gray area in what was considered an active cropland for the pay.
It isn't worth it for the .05 but they give bonuses on almost every hit.

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm confused. What do people who don't roll them together do? Just have a drawer of random socks and dig around to find matches?
I don't own socks. I have 3 pairs of flip flops and a pair of ballet flats. none of which need socks

Reactions: kryss and Katiee

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have one drawer, jam packed, with like 50 pairs of socks. They are 50/50 of 2 brands. I buy the same ones every time. I throw out any single sock that gets a hole, or really stained. But, because they are all either one of 2 types, losing and odd one doesnt matter. And matching is easy. 50% chance. :p

SquishyFluffkin

Contributor
Reaction score
I have one drawer, jam packed, with like 50 pairs of socks. They are 50/50 of 2 brands. I buy the same ones every time. I throw out any single sock that gets a hole, or really stained. But, because they are all either one of types, losing and odd one doesnt matter. And matching is easy. 50% chance. :p
^ same

Reactions: Jerami

NetworkData-Rob

Requester
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thanks for working on our first batch of qual HITs yesterday. We got some great results and we're hoping that continues! We'll be posting our next batch of HITs today at 3:00PM PST. You can find more details on our thread here. Please note that our requester name has changed to "Network Data", but the requester ID has not.

Rob

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have one drawer, jam packed, with like 50 pairs of socks. They are 50/50 of 2 brands. I buy the same ones every time. I throw out any single sock that gets a hole, or really stained. But, because they are all either one of 2 types, losing and odd one doesnt matter. And matching is easy. 50% chance. :p
This is exactly the state of my sock drawer.

Reactions: Jerami

Infinity

Masochist or Mturker? You decide.
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Right Colectomy - Rate the skill of a surgeon shown on a video clip | PANDA
Requester: C-SATS, Inc [A15ZSKX8TUCGEU] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.04 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.39 Generosity
★★★★ 4.10 Fairness
★★★★ 4.61 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 69 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This is a research study where you watch a video clip of a surgical procedure (no patient or surgeon identification is shown) and rate the skill level of the surgeon. (5tZNZQ6Minow39Ko6)
Time: 45 minutes
HITs Available: 12
Reward: $1.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;C-SATS Block has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95

Reactions: coffeeowl

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Right Colectomy - Rate the skill of a surgeon shown on a video clip | PANDA
Requester: C-SATS, Inc [A15ZSKX8TUCGEU] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.04 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.39 Generosity
★★★★ 4.10 Fairness
★★★★ 4.61 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 69 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This is a research study where you watch a video clip of a surgical procedure (no patient or surgeon identification is shown) and rate the skill level of the surgeon. (5tZNZQ6Minow39Ko6)
Time: 45 minutes
HITs Available: 12
Reward: $1.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;C-SATS Block has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95

Status
Not open for further replies.