06/15 - Sugar Lumps Saturday

Would you eat a bowl of dog food for $10,000?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nmelssx

Reaction score
I love how on a lot of the ending of surveys there's this message "To receive payment for participating, click "Accept HIT" in the Mechanical Turk window, enter this validation code, then click "submit"."

teesa25

Reaction score
I love how on a lot of the ending of surveys there's this message "To receive payment for participating, click "Accept HIT" in the Mechanical Turk window, enter this validation code, then click "submit"."
Yeah that way they can get free responses. Hit's long gone!

alk69

Reaction score
Requesters! Please. These HITs! Do you really expect fancy work for pennies? With long winded writing? Yes, of course you do, 'cause Amazon has told you so..and they wouldn't lie. Today's offerings are all oldies(not goodies) and under priced rubbish. And it's gettin' worse by the day. I haven't seen this much crap in one place since my Great Dane ate that roadkill and had diarrhea for three days...............I'm still bored and sober. Obviously. I trust y'all are fairing better 'n me.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Personality, Survey, Grit | Accept
Requester: Uri Ort [A7UFIWS8PIPO1] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.46] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.33] [Fast=2.67] [Comm=1.83] [Fair=2.56] [Reviews=16] [ToS=2]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 10:00:00
Available: 10
Description: You will be presented with short statements and words. Choose the words and statements that describe you. This test measures your level of Grit.
Qualifications: Global DS Panel EqualTo 100

Quick and Easy!

Nique77

Reaction score
Hello!

So I have some questions...

1) Besides the HITs qualifications 100, 1000 etc...Where do i see what other ones I have?
2) There are things at the bottom of the Qualifications tab that I hope someone can explain. They almost all start with EXE and the values are almost all 100. Say that I was excluded form hit, retry available and a place to click request again.
3) How do I get more qualifications? Do the requesters just give them to me at come point?
4) I have seen some HITS that I am not qualified for say Request qualification and have done that but not sure what the even means.
4) Lastly, Where do I find qualifications HITS?

Kind of a lot of questions, sorry, but I thought it would be better to ask this way than a bunch of different posts.
Just started MTurk this month and I am at 961 approved HITS!
I hope once the 1000 happens I will be able to make some better money. ?

Reactions: Merovign

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Peer to Peer Fashion Service Community | Accept
Requester: DEBIKA SIHI [A1TZ4VZQGPI6UT] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$40.73] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Short survey about the community related to a fashion rental service; Must be 18+, female, and live in the United States
Qualifications: Facebook Account Holder EqualTo 1; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Gender - Female EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Kind of a pain since you have to reference outside pages and kinda long for $1.50 but interesting.

Reactions: DatJersey

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello!

So I have some questions...

1) Besides the HITs qualifications 100, 1000 etc...Where do i see what other ones I have?
2) There are things at the bottom of the Qualifications tab that I hope someone can explain. They almost all start with EXE and the values are almost all 100. Say that I was excluded form hit, retry available and a place to click request again.
3) How do I get more qualifications? Do the requesters just give them to me at come point?
4) I have seen some HITS that I am not qualified for say Request qualification and have done that but not sure what the even means.
4) Lastly, Where do I find qualifications HITS?

Kind of a lot of questions, sorry, but I thought it would be better to ask this way than a bunch of different posts.
Just started MTurk this month and I am at 961 approved HITS!
I hope once the 1000 happens I will be able to make some better money. ?
Okay some other people will have some better answers, I hope. I've only been here since last winter and I ain't doin' that great.

1) You already mentioned the qual tab - and it's a mess. I have few enough decent quals I just keep a tab of them in PandaCrazy (backed up, of course). The only ones I've made any money off of are Cornell's Cereal Bar game (made a few hundred off them but over like 5 months), and Action-plan, which is brand new but the post-qual test had a good hourly (but only for a couple of hours). The former tends to send out warning emails (sometimes after they start, though), and I hope the latter does.

2) Most quals aren't what you think of as quals - they're just notes a requester uses to keep you from doing something twice. That's 99% of my quals.

3) Some quals are posted here, some have the text "qual" or "qualification" in them you can search for, some are posted elsewhere. IMHO it's kind of dumb luck to catch one - some people are here 12-18 hours a day, I'm definitively not.

4) It's worth doing that though usually there's no result. Firstly a few hits have quals you can actually take a test on from the hit, which is nice, but you won't know unless you look. Also, that request basically gets sent to the requester. IF they get a bunch and IF they need more workers, they may decide to post a qual.

Also 4) is also 3)

I honestly couldn't tell you how some people consistently (or mostly consistently) make $100 a day. I've had $150 days but my typical is closer to $10 or $20, especially lately, and I have to take days off for various reasons I don't really have control over, so my progress is slower than someone who is at their computer all day every day (or mostly).

GTR

Reaction score
Requesters! Please. These HITs! Do you really expect fancy work for pennies? With long winded writing? Yes, of course you do, 'cause Amazon has told you so..and they wouldn't lie. Today's offerings are all oldies(not goodies) and under priced rubbish. And it's gettin' worse by the day. I haven't seen this much crap in one place since my Great Dane ate that roadkill and had diarrhea for three days...............I'm still bored and sober. Obviously. I trust y'all are fairing better 'n me.
I think you need some random dude to go to these said Requesters homes
and walk in, take his shirt and pants off
then proceed to roundhouse kick them to HELL
then leave...

Status
Not open for further replies.