• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
the bunny murderer struck again here this morning
"Mine" is still alive (Breaking News: a wild jackrabbit seems to have made a home in my front yard). I'm going to have to try to snap a pic and post if I can find him again.

In other nature news, also saw a roadrunner for the first time since last Fall. Considering it's the state bird, it's not unusual to see a roadrunner while you are out and about but it's unusual to see one in my neighborhood. Beep, Beep.

Reactions: Srndpty and kryss

charlie

Reaction score
Title: Play a fun iPhone game! (no-retakes) | Accept
Requester: Sorcerers Gold Support [A144B7XBDWB6JA] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$41.00] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=2.00] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 10.00
Duration: 1 day
Available: 2
Description: The game collects photo data of participant's eyes and face to develop eye tracking software.
Qualifications: SorcerersGoldComplete DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US

Annnnnd yesterday I switched to a droid after six years.
still have your old iphone? as long as it has wifi you should be good to go.

Reactions: dreamonjaded1

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I keep trying and no one will come here like I am a creeper or something. :whistle2:
I was just confused on the details. Try as I might, no one will sell me a baby.

Reactions: Liz

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, did the canned air thing before the partial disassembly but until I got closer to the 'bones' of it it didn't work. I really need to be able to get that last screw out of the back so I can take off the keyboard, etc. and get to the fan itself to clean it thoroughly.
Use a tiny drill, dental pick, or something else small and hard to chop away either side and basically make it a flat-head screw.

Use a flat head screwdriver to remove it.

Smash it with a hammer and throw it away. The rest of the screws will hold.

Soft screws and the wrong size screwdriver usually does that (too small is bad, but the blade size and head size are often a slight mismatch - one reason why precision tool sets have ten sizes of philips drivers).

Edit: I used to do hardware (and more) support and I have like 30 laptops, if you're wondering. :)

Last edited:

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I know. Even for HITs that aren't checked in my Hit Finder as having been done before or for subjects I don't remember doing before. Must be that gaggle of requesters using the same "HIT submitted" qual when a task is completed so you can't do someone else's HIT from that gaggle.
Part of it is that you have slightly less hits and the same number of workers, and if you have even 1ms more lag you never see anything.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
D and DOUBLE D . . . laptop overheated in the midst of my $60 Live User Testing . . . so missed that and doubtless much more and after hours of trying there is one screw I can't move which means I can't actually get to the fan (which no doubt needs cleaning)
Praying for you that it is indeed dust bunnies/dust and not overheating because the fan bearings are going bad causing the fan to not spin as fast as it needs to.

Reactions: HelloHello

charlie

Reaction score
ooh let me try
i did that one a couple weeks ago and my cell connection at home is crappy so I'm 100% wifi when I'm home. you should be golden as far as the game working.

jhest1976

Reaction score
I keep trying and no one will come here like I am a creeper or something. :whistle2:
Maybe you need to try a new method of luring...I mean...inviting people.

Reactions: Liz

HelloHello

Reaction score
Use a tiny drill, dental pick, or something else small and hard to chop away either side and basically make it a flat-head screw.

Use a flat head screwdriver to remove it.

Smash it with a hammer and throw it away. The rest of the screws will hold.

Soft screws and the wrong size screwdriver usually does that (too small is bad, but the blade size and head size are often a slight mismatch - one reason why precision tool sets have ten sizes of philips drivers).

Edit: I used to do hardware (and more) support and I have like 30 laptops, if you're wondering. :)
Yep, tired all that - have precision tool set - have tried all the sizes and the 'rubber band' trick 0 afraid to smash too hard with hammer on screw - was ready just to break the case but that is such sloppy workmanship I don't know if I could live with myself afterward. . .

HelloHello

Reaction score
Praying for you that it is indeed dust bunnies/dust and not overheating because the fan bearings are going bad causing the fan to not spin as fast as it needs to.
Thanks, replacement fans aren't too expensive. I would just order one to be prepared if I could get that D last screw out.

dreamonjaded1

Reaction score
i did that one a couple weeks ago and my cell connection at home is crappy so I'm 100% wifi when I'm home. you should be golden as far as the game working.
I tried but my iPhone is too old. :inpain: At least I know I can't do it. Thanks for that though because I didn't know I could still use my iPhone wifi.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe you need to try a new method of luring...I mean...inviting people.
I bribe them I mean invite them, offer them food, board, my sons, etc. Nothing works

• Sad
Reactions: Merovign

charlie

Reaction score
I tried but my iPhone is too old. :inpain: At least I know I can't do it. Thanks for that though because I didn't know I could still use my iPhone wifi.
Ah that stinks. Yeah for sure you can. You've basically got a glorified iPod! until I sold my old one off a year ago it served as nothing more than an iPod.

Status
Not open for further replies.