• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
south of flagstaff / sedona? hard to tell what the KFSX radar is picking up though i could see that being smoke. I'm looking at RadarScope now. I'd been watching the storms in North Central and Central Texas all night.
The Woodbury might be the largest right now. (Almost 45,000 acres)
It is not near Gila/Maricopa counties though. (It's south of that line...) It's east of AJ and north-ish of Superior. The plume is towering over the mountain- it's pretty surreal.

Last edited:

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
It is not near Gila/Maricopa counties though. (It's south of that line...) It's east of AJ and north-ish of Superior. The plume is towering over the mountain- it's pretty surreal.
The smoke is crazy far, holy shit. So that sucker is tall and wide.
He's a big boy.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Just looked at the visible and then checked out the Southwest Coordination Center webpage (my fav source for NM and Arizona fires) and figured out it's the Woodbury fire - it is in eastern Maricopa along the Pinal county line with some of it burning in Pinal and this is close to the Gila county border. There are two other Arizona fire plumes seen in the visible that I haven't worked out yet as to which counties they are in and their fire names.

The Woodbury fire plume extended to over White Sands at sunset. One of the other yet identified fires had a plume heading towards central New Mexico so I may see some haze in the morning from it and if that fire gets really bad, I may even smell it at some point.

Daniel @Daniel Great to see another Radarscope user. It's my favorite weather radar and especially with the latest update that added high resolution dual pol radar to the options. The normal reflectivity radar doesn't seem very much like it's picking up smoke (seems like it cold be normal nighttime bloom) but it will be fun to analyze the dual pol radar to see if I can see signs of smoke reflectivity.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
Just looked at the visible and then checked out the Southwest Coordination Center webpage (my fav source for NM and Arizona fires) and figured out it's the Woodbury fire - it is in eastern Maricopa along the Pinal county line with some of it burning in Pinal and this is close to the Gila county border. There are two other Arizona fire plumes seen in the visible that I haven't worked out yet as to which counties they are in and their fire names.

The Woodbury fire plume extended to over White Sands at sunset. One of the other yet identified fires had a plume heading towards central New Mexico so I may see some haze in the morning from it and if that fire gets really bad, I may even smell it at some point.

Daniel @Daniel Great to see another Radarscope user. It's my favorite weather radar and especially with the latest update that added high resolution dual pol radar to the options. The normal reflectivity radar doesn't seem very much like it's picking up smoke (seems like it cold be normal nighttime bloom) but it will be fun to analyze the dual pol radar to see if I can see signs of smoke reflectivity.
Yeah, I see it's def over lines now. They're thinking it'll take the rest of the month to put out, but no communities are in danger (yet.) Containment is still very very low.
The one north of Payson is Coldwater.... is that one that's showing? Are the ones north of Flag showing? (ETA- Those north of Flag at the Canyon are Rx... and some are Rx west of Flag... BUT- they might still be big and plumey)

Last edited:

charlie

Reaction score

yeah definitely hard to tell on RS. i thought i could see it an hour or so ago when I had super res reflectivity in motion over Superior but now nothing.

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
Damn...so I just sit here worried then I guess.
Any idea how likely rejections are?
Honestly I don't know I have never received a rejection from them. But others have. Just focus on something else till they clear.

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
Someone hold me back. I am about to go off on this twit from CrowdSurf. I don't like it when someone talks down to me.

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
The last email I got from CrowdSurf.. really doesnt solve anything, and after the past emails I feel disrespected.

Cynthia (Crowdsurf)
Jun 19, 20:58 PDT
We explained in a previous email why your quals were removed. You shouldn't of had access to work on review hits without having the transcription qualification first.
You have an account on Work Market. You can log in there with the login credentials that were emailed to you back in April/May. Once you log in you can start working on transcription HITs.
You can not work review hits if you have never worked Transcription. Somehow you received the review qualification by mistake.
Complete sentences with proper punctuation and grammar is expected for our transcribers when they work our HITs. If that is not something you can do, then CrowdSurf may not be for you.
Best,
CrowdSurf Support

What I'm sending back

So I took the transcription qualification test on Work Market and passed. I did do some hits on there, I do not like the format or layout of the hits on Work Market. As I have stated before I work on MTurk. In the beginning, I had gone to your outdated website and could not find proper answers in regards to working on MTurk (As it was last updated in 2016 and doesn't have the correct info). I was told not to worry about it, just take the test on Work Market and I will be granted quals on MTurk. Regardless of the quals I received, don't you think it would have been more appropriate to grant me the quals I tested for on Mturk and explain to me how to earn the others, instead of talking down to me in a doltish tone? As for my grammar in the one email. Maybe I was distracted by my two year old who possibly has Asperger's or my disabled mother I care for and was not 100% focused on an email I was not being paid to write. But rather was showing common courtesy in responding. As far as Crowsurf "Not being for me" as you so rudely put it. Possibly not, as I prefer to work with a company that has more organization, professionalism and show compassion for its workers.

That being said...
Have a wonderful night,
Kristina

Last edited:

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
The answers burgers. I'll die if I don't eat sushi if I'm only eating 3 of the 4. It's the most different. If I got wings and pizza, I can go without burgers I guess.

Reactions: redtokyoboxers

witchiepoo

Reaction score
The last email I got from CrowdSurf.. really doesnt solve anything, and after the past emails I feel disrespected.

Cynthia (Crowdsurf)
Jun 19, 20:58 PDT
We explained in a previous email why your quals were removed. You shouldn't of had access to work on review hits without having the transcription qualification first.
You have an account on Work Market. You can log in there with the login credentials that were emailed to you back in April/May. Once you log in you can start working on transcription HITs.
You can not work review hits if you have never worked Transcription. Somehow you received the review qualification by mistake.
Complete sentences with proper punctuation and grammar is expected for our transcribers when they work our HITs. If that is not something you can do, then CrowdSurf may not be for you.
Best,
CrowdSurf Support

What I'm sending back

So I took the transcription qualification test on Work Market and passed. I did do some hits on there, I do not like the format or layout of the hits on Work Market. As I have stated before I work on MTurk. In the beginning, I had gone to your outdated website and could not find proper answers in regards to working on MTurk (As it was last updated in 2016 and doesn't have the correct info). I was told not to worry about it, just take the test on Work Market and I will be granted quals on MTurk. Regardless of the quals I received, don't you think it would have been more appropriate to grant me the quals I tested for on Mturk and explain to me how to earn the others, instead of talking down to me in a doltish tone? As for my grammar in the one email. Maybe I was distracted by my two year old who possibly has Asperger's or my disabled mother I care for and was not 100% focused on an email I was not being paid to write. But rather was showing common courtesy in responding. As far as Crowsurf "Not being for me" as you so rudely put it. Possibly not, as I prefer to work with a company that has more organization, professionalism and show compassion for its workers.

That being said...
Have a wonderful night,
Kristina
You should point out their grammar mistake in the second sentence: "You shouldn't of had access" - 'of' should be 'have' - It's a mistake that a lot of people make, but drives me crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: Kristina M Greer

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
You should point out their grammar mistake in the second sentence: "You shouldn't of had access" - 'of' should be 'have' - It's a mistake that a lot of people make, but drives me crazy.
What's funny is its transcription. I'm writing out what others are saying. And from reviewing others work, they have bigger issues LOL.

Reactions: witchiepoo
Status
Not open for further replies.