Champion
Reaction score
astros 0-0 in the ninth against the last place team at home

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
i thought that's what it always was :thinking:
I don't think so. It was basically our version of MTG's MOTM award, and while that always had an element of popularity contest (any sort of vote like that generally does), I think it was common to see people winning for stuff like writing scripts for the community, posting HITs, answering questions, writing guides, or being helpful in other areas, etc. That was our intention for Crowd Pleaser here, which is why it was originally the bigger award. There have certainly been a lot of very helpful people that have won here, too. But one thing that has always disappointed me is seeing people get constantly overlooked just because they might not be the most chatty people on the forum, despite doing a lot to help others. We just need to come up with a better way of doing things than "Nominate your friends, then vote for them."

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My current bedside menagerie. See what I mean about succulents being leggy bitches, ctraltDel @Delimon? This is a south-facing window! So rude.

I can't keep succulents alive to save my life. Or theirs. I thought I had a decent green thumb until I bought a few of those. :shifty:

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I can't keep succulents alive to save my life. Or theirs. I thought I had a decent green thumb until I bought a few of those. :shifty:
They're a whole different thing, for sure. I'm new to them and it's a learning curve because they're so different than my other houseplants.

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think so. It was basically our version of MTG's MOTM award, and while that always had an element of popularity contest (any sort of vote like that generally does), I think it was common to see people winning for stuff like writing scripts for the community, posting HITs, answering questions, writing guides, or being helpful in other areas, etc. That was our intention for Crowd Pleaser here, which is why it was originally the bigger award. There have certainly been a lot of very helpful people that have won here, too. But one thing that has always disappointed me is seeing people get constantly overlooked just because they might not be the most chatty people on the forum, despite doing a lot to help others. We just need to come up with a better way of doing things than "Nominate your friends, then vote for them."
Well, I think the change has been a long time coming and hopefully you guys figure out a better way to revive it :ok:

Reactions: Peachy

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
Waiting on another player

3UY0U6RXGR8ULM6GJ6OBN5LDE9TO4K

Status
Not open for further replies.