06/22 - Sedentary Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
Interesting, I have a mini-split
oh, that's much better! I've considered one, too. But they are so weird for us. They don't work in really cold temps? So, I'd have to keep my oil furnace in good order. But our upstairs could really use one (they never ran the heat up there.....so, it's cold!).

Plus, I can't install it myself and the price to put it in is really pricey

Reactions: HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
oh, that's much better! I've considered one, too. But they are so weird for us. They don't work in really cold temps? So, I'd have to keep my oil furnace in good order. But our upstairs could really use one (they never ran the heat up there.....so, it's cold!).

Plus, I can't install it myself and the price to put it in is really pricey
Actually, they say they work really well in very cold climates! They are super reliable. My unit is fine but it is tied into a bigger system and the control panel isn't working properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Actually, they say they work really well in very cold climates! They are super reliable. My unit is fine but it is tied into a bigger system and the control panel isn't working properly.
there was an article recently in a vermont paper and I foget what temp it stopped at. Five degrees? I can't remember. But those that did an install said they had to keep their oil furnace

HelloHello

Reaction score
there was an article recently in a vermont paper and I foget what temp it stopped at. Five degrees? I can't remember. But those that did an install said they had to keep their oil furnace
Hmm, not what I've read. I wonder if you remember the brand?

jan

Reaction score
Hmm, not what I've read. I wonder if you remember the brand?
It was in one of our Vermont newspapers. I don't remember. I think it was because it was a mini split? I really don't know. If I find it, I'll post the link.

HelloHello

Reaction score
It was in one of our Vermont newspapers. I don't remember. I think it was because it was a mini split? I really don't know. If I find it, I'll post the link.
Mi
Mine is a LG so mostly I read about them. If you ever decide to take the plunge make certain you get an installer who is certified by the brand you're installing.

HelloHello

Reaction score
You know they are ductless right? Lots of people do it themselves but it is a BIG job.

mypaperheart

I've got a hammer and a heart of glass <3
Reaction score
Did anyone else get an email like this?

---------------------------------
Hi there,

We were highly pleased with your work and the phone case name "(XXXXXX)" you came up with. We would love to continue working with you and already have a task, that we believe you will be well-equipped for. Follow the link to move on to your next task! The task will approximately require 8 minutes of your time, for which you will be paid 1.50 USD. There will also be the chance to complete an optional bonus task, for which you can earn up to 0.90 USD on top!

Thanks in advance for your amazing support!

Yours sincerely,

Casemaster
---------------------------------

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

The message above was sent by an Amazon Mechanical Turk user.
Please review the message and respond to it as you see fit.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
1 hour left for dibs!
if you do call it, please tag me or else I might miss it

Status
Not open for further replies.