Title: Political attitudes study | Accept
Requester: Michael Thaler [A12QI37UFDXCQY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$29.58] [Pay=4.67] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.50] [Fast=3.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=18.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 3000
Available: 1
Description: A 20 minute study on political attitudes with a chance to win an additional $10 bonus.
Qualifications: MThaler 2-9-18 Prevent Retaking DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: thismegan

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I reached over 200,000 hits approved. i need cake.

Also hi....and so who is this Edwin...:cautious:
Edwin Chen. He's been a requester on MTurk for many years, working with various companies like Google and Twitter. But he started Hybrid a few years, which is another work platform that competes with MTurk. He's been using MTurk ever since to recruit workers and even requesters, which is actually a violation of AMT's Participation Agreement, which I imagine is one of the reasons why he doesn't want people talking about it.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Edwin Chen. He's been a requester on MTurk for many years, working with various companies like Google and Twitter. But he started Hybrid a few years, which is another work platform that competes with MTurk. He's been using MTurk ever since to recruit workers and even requesters, which is actually a violation of AMT's Participation Agreement, which I imagine is one of the reasons why he doesn't want people talking about it.
Thank you. ok... i think i signed up through a hit actually, it did seem a little sneaky. And i wasn't contacted. what the heck Edwin? :playful:
Edit: yeah...that oughta help my chances.
hehe

Last edited:

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I just want to mention something, since it has come up quite a few times recently...

MTC is an MTurk forum, not a Hybrid forum. As far as I know, no one on staff here works on Hybrid, so none of us ever signed any sort of non-disclosure agreement with Edwin. For those reasons, I don't believe we're obligated to enforce his NDA in any way. If he wants to try to keep his platform secret so he can continue to poach workers and requesters from MTurk, that's on him. And if any member here does work on Hybrid and did sign an agreement with him, that's between you and him and it's your own responsibility. No one will fault you for not wanting to speak of it. But the staff here are not going to edit posts or attempt to enforce that NDA in any way. It's not our place to.
There was no NDA. He did request that we not mention the requesters or type of work we do on Hybrid. He did say it was ok to say we worked on Hybrid, or to notify other forum members when work was posted.

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Writing arguments for and against your own opinions | Accept
Requester: Nick Brosowsky [A1ZWHEQPSBBTIQ] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.75] [Fast=4.43] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=10] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.75
Duration: 1800
Description: You will write arguments for and against your own opinions about four products of your choice (4 writing sections / 50-75 words each)
Qualifications: Already completed similar HIT (IAT - 3) DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 96; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Thank you. ok... i think i signed up through a hit actually, it did seem a little sneaky. And i wasn't contacted. what the heck Edwin? :playful:
Edit: yeah...that oughta help my chances.
hehe
I signed up too. Through super secret channels. The dark turks. :rolleyes:

I was not one of the chosen.

Reactions: jan and T. Leela

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought he didn't even want us to say the name of the platform :thinking:

Reactions: thismegan and Pleco

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
There was no NDA. He did request that we not mention the requesters or type of work we do on Hybrid. He did say it was ok to say we worked on Hybrid, or to notify other forum members when work was posted.
Okay, then he's relaxed his stance a little, it seems. But the MTurk HITs that include the sign up form just say don't talk about it. I think it's amusing. I report them.

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Demographics survey | Accept
Requester: Panos Ipeirotis [A3DL93QTPE513P] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$28.45] [Pay=4.18] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.44] [Fast=4.76] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=61] [ToS=1]
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 3600
Description: Demographics survey
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Is it always this slow on Sunday? Am I missing something? Most of the things I've clicked on today I've had to throw back.

Yeah but just on Sundays. The rest of the week it's a shower of good hits and you barely have to throw anything back and everything pays well.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Write an anonymous, hand-written letter to someone sharing your inner thoughts. | Accept
Requester: The Thoughts Project [A3H1ZMAVBIPPLV] Contact
TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 43200
Description: Scan the letter or take a high res photo and upload it using the link in this HIT
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
lol. No thanks.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Kliq and LucyO

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I just noticed that someone mentioned cottage cheese and applesauce in the same sentence, I've been recovering.

Also, fuck Edwin. I think it must not be too big a secret, people are obviously aware. If you work there, I don't judge, people gotta do what they gotts do. If you are inclined to, couldn't people just out his shit wide open? I mean, it would only serve a poacher right....

Finally, T-mobile bought my carrier. I have spent hours, over 16 of them since Thursday, transferring and setting up new phones for my family. It has been hell. FYI, if you move to t-mobile one or one +, they offer Netflix, but the fine print says you can't utilize mobile billing if you have that, there went 3 hours of my life. But, you also get a major discount if you are active military or a vet. We pay 120 for 4 lines of unlimited service with a 4g hotspot on my line and a 3g on all the others. I can also add a 5th through 8th line for 10 bucks each, I know what my 19yo daughter is getting for xmas!...

So, if any of you guys are out there, or ladies, and need a single line and are vet, reserves, active. You would pay 55 on the military plan for the regularly 95 dollar line...just saying.No referral or anything, just thought I would share the deal. It really meant a huge savings for my family due to the fact the lines get cheaper as you go.

Reactions: jan, Cindi and ecko

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Write an anonymous, hand-written letter to someone sharing your inner thoughts. | Accept
Requester: The Thoughts Project [A3H1ZMAVBIPPLV] Contact
TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 43200
Description: Scan the letter or take a high res photo and upload it using the link in this HIT
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
lol. No thanks.[/td][/tr]
Dear Matt,

When I open the bag of Beggin Strips for the dogs it smells like the best BBQ sauce ever. My secret desire is to try a bite and see if I enjoy them as much as the dogs do.

Sincerely,

Not me - this is anynomous from someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.