06/25 - Starcade Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo

Reaction score
For anyone that has experience moving to different cities geographically far apart, what sites do you use to look up rental houses? Craigslist isn't doing it for me.
I'm doing that right now, actually! Are you only looking for houses?

Craigslist sucks for that, I'd avoid it. I've mostly used Zillow and Trulia in the past. Recently, I've also had a lot of success with apartmentlist.com. Although the name implies that they only find you apartments, they've been showing me houses as well. I found them to be the most user-friendly of all the rental sites and they update their info regularly :). We found a few leads through them.

vickiJ

Contributor
Reaction score
8:15

Title: Make ratings of objects and scenes 1 | PANDA
Requester: Tanya [AXCGOTYG0EETS] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Give simple ratings of the likelihood of finding an object in a scene
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Masters has been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;Location is US
20 minute timer on a 10-15 minute hit. I didn't start right away, so I was rushing. I don't think that's what they intend for us to do.

I just reread what I wrote. It sounds like I'm objecting to the time you stated. I'm not. I'm objecting to the short timer and my procrastination.

Last edited:

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
For anyone that has experience moving to different cities geographically far apart, what sites do you use to look up rental houses? Craigslist isn't doing it for me.
Zillow is def the best. You could try looking up local rental Facebook groups for whatever city you're moving to as well.

Reactions: LightningLord

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm doing that right now, actually! Are you only looking for houses?

Craigslist sucks for that, I'd avoid it. I've mostly used Zillow and Trulia in the past. Recently, I've also had a lot of success with apartmentlist.com. Although the name implies that they only find you apartments, they've been showing me houses as well. I found them to be the most user-friendly of all the rental sites and they update their info regularly :). We found a few leads through them.
I'd much prefer a single family rental to an apartment/duplex. We just moved into this single family house last year from a duplex and now we're spoiled. Weirdly enough, we found this diamond in the rough on craigslist. So that has given me slight hope that craigslist can produce decent results.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Mark whether an object appears in a set of pictures. WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised. | :panda:PANDA:panda:
Requester: dannotator [AOKUOZIRTMTE9] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 3.00][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 4.00][Fast: 4.94]
:nutbolt:Description: Mark whether an object appears in a set of pictures. WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 619
Reward: :moneybag:$0.03:moneybag:
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 80, Adult Content Qualification is 1

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
If you're looking for a house, you can try Zillow or the MLS. We used a realtor to find our rental here but she pulled it from the MLS.
Around here Craigslist works, but in areas where it doesn't I would recommend looking up local property management companies and see what they have available or coming up.

Milo

Reaction score
I'd much prefer a single family rental to an apartment/duplex. We just moved into this single family house last year from a duplex and now we're spoiled. Weirdly enough, we found this diamond in the rough on craigslist. So that has given me slight hope that craigslist can produce decent results.
Maybe I should give craigslist another shot. I found that most of the listings were already on other sites like Zillow OR scams :(. It would be one thing if I could check out the places on my own but I'm not sure I'd trust craigslist if moving across country. Let me know if you find any other useful sites, we're moving this summer :).

Reactions: LightningLord

ShanaMarie

Not all who wander are lost.
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: QA of Job Search Website | PANDA
Requester: HITmeUp [A7HD6V6SG376] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.08 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.20 Generosity
★★★★★ 3.39 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.44 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 96 | TOS Flags: 20
Submit a new TO review
Description: looking up Information on a web site to ensure that pages are resolving properly.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 962
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Location is US
TY!!

Reactions: <Gucci>

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe I should give craigslist another shot. I found that most of the listings were already on other sites like Zillow OR scams :(. It would be one thing if I could check out the places on my own but I'm not sure I'd trust craigslist if moving across country. Let me know if you find any other useful sites, we're moving this summer :).
Craigslist can be sketchy if you're dealing with an individual. But if companies are on there it's usually safer because you can easily verify that the company is legit.

That's the only place my company advertises except our company website. I hear horror stories from tenants who find us and are relieved we are a real company and they can actually walk into our office and verify our real estate licenses. If you're not able to meet people in person do verify they are legit. Scammers are everywhere.

ShanaMarie

Not all who wander are lost.
Contributor
Reaction score
Craigslist is a really useful tool if used judiciously. It's free for the large complexes to post so most of their listings should be on there (they're charged for Zillow/Trulia, et. al posts). I'd be wary of the single units/privately owned posters on CL.

Reactions: <Gucci> and jan

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
Craigslist can be sketchy if you're dealing with an individual. But if companies are on there it's usually safer because you can easily verify that the company is legit.

That's the only place my company advertises except our company website. I hear horror stories from tenants who find us and are relieved we are a real company and they can actually walk into our office and verify our real estate licenses. If you're not able to meet people in person do verify they are legit. Scammers are everywhere.
Yeah the place we're renting now is actually a single guy who bought the place because the market price was super low at the time. This honestly could have been a horror story but it's worked out better than I could've hoped. Now we're just hoping to find something similar in another city.

Reactions: <Gucci> and tricker
Status
Not open for further replies.