Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuddish

Me fail English! That's unpossible
Contributor
Reaction score
Wahoo made my weekend goal of 20 with mostly Bonuses today

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Sleep Study for work related to 3JHB4BPSFK72IK7NUXN4GYTOU8HQ9H.
The value of your bonus is: $3.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Go2Sleep

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

You've received a bonus from Sleep Study for work related to 3JHB4BPSFK72IK7NUXN4GYTOU8HQ9H.
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

Go2Sleep

You've received a bonus from David Bruner for work related to 3ZTE0JGGCESA4D72JFHFML54MYCOCT.
The value of your bonus is: $1.34 USD

Task 1 + Task 2 Earnings

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk
https://www.mturk.com

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I got a rejection from Sathyaprakash Balaji Makam. The survey title was "Answer a survey about Tourism-related experience". It says: "Hi I am regretful to inform you that i have reject your work as you have completed the survey in less than 60 seconds. This is too quick as the average time for completing this survey is 10 mins."

Totally not true. It was a several page survey about travel and your favorite vacations and had demographics, etc. Literally impossible to complete in 60 seconds. Eyeroll.

Siraphine

Feline Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh my lord... 50 cents for 500 pictures?? Are you for real? I got through 200 and it took me almost 7 minutes. Returned it. So bad... It wouldn't be so bad if the hit didn't prevent you from speeding through. It doesn't take me five whole seconds to tell if something is a fish or not. -_-

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey on your opinions for MIT-sponsored study | PANDA
Requester: Weihuang Wong [A2SCR857XSOXSO] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 0.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 0.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Answer some questions for MIT-sponsored study. Should take about 5 minutes.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;Already completed HIT has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US
4 minutes

Jesicu

Contributor
Reaction score
I got a rejection from Sathyaprakash Balaji Makam. The survey title was "Answer a survey about Tourism-related experience". It says: "Hi I am regretful to inform you that i have reject your work as you have completed the survey in less than 60 seconds. This is too quick as the average time for completing this survey is 10 mins."

Totally not true. It was a several page survey about travel and your favorite vacations and had demographics, etc. Literally impossible to complete in 60 seconds. Eyeroll.
No you couldn't possibly have even randomly clicked through in less than 60 seconds. I'd definitely message to that effect.

I got approved at 7ish minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: electrolyte

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Hi, I am regretful to inform you that i have to reject your work. You have completed the survey in less than 5 mins. The average time for completing this survey is 10 mins. Since I have to ensure the quality of responses obtained, i am sorry to reject your work.

:mob:

I know I took my time and did it right. Seems like he's just tossing out rejections.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I am regretful to inform you that i have to reject your work. You have completed the survey in less than 5 mins. The average time for completing this survey is 10 mins. Since I have to ensure the quality of responses obtained, i am sorry to reject your work.

:mob:
oh shit, it's on now

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, email sent telling him that and giving links to reverse the rejections. :rage:

Reactions: TQueen

tyr888

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
which kind of sucks though, probably honest mistake on their part...
well, some people will adjust their TO rating if he fixes it. otherwise, as long as he continues dealing honestly, his score will go up. mistakes happen, and people can push through low points eventually

Reactions: Devil_Dawg

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score

That sucks. There were a couple of shady surveys today with warnings about rejections if you didn't take enough time to complete them. Requesters have no idea how quickly a good turker can honestly complete a survey.

Reactions: Benetnasch

tyr888

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Title: Decisions in Multiple Groups 2 | PANDA
Requester: Daniel B Shank [A3DILO7NIHHPU1] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.38 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 30 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Interaction and decision making with other people. HITs only begin on the hour and last up to 45 minutes
Time: 3 hours
HITs Available: 4
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

this is only about 15 mins when I did it a few hours ago
it says i've already done the most hits this requester will accept.
so i looked through my database, and his name doesn't show up anywhere
i'm just... not having an easy time with this whole mturk thing.

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
it says i've already done the most hits this requester will accept.
so i looked through my database, and his name doesn't show up anywhere
i'm just... not having an easy time with this whole mturk thing.
I can't do it either. I think I accepted it once and then returned it because I had to leave before it started. Now I'm locked out FOREVER.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
That sucks. There were a couple of shady surveys today with warnings about rejections if you didn't take enough time to complete them. Requesters have no idea how quickly a good turker can honestly complete a survey.
This one had no TO, so it was a risk going in. But even if I'd completely randomly clicked through, there's just no way I could have done it in under 60 seconds. It was numerous pages and bubbles. :\

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Sounds like a good thing I ducked out of most of the work today :D

Status
Not open for further replies.