07/05 - Foldex Friday!

What is your favorite Nirvana song?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hikarisilver

Reaction score
So much empty this evening so far.... anyone else like that today?

Reactions: aveline

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Hi there,

My colleagues and I are conducting a study that have Mturkers play an interactive game online. We need to have about 14 participants accept the HIT within a 15 minute timeframe so that they can play the game with one another. I will be posting the HIT at 4:30PM today and if there is demand I will be posting a few more after that. I wanted to advertise the HIT ahead of time so that participants can accept the HIT at around the same time to play the simultaneous game. Due to the way it is programmed, each HIT corresponds to one game. If you have played this game before with a different HIT, you will not be able to accept the HIT. We intend on posting the HIT several more times in coming days to get enough data for our study.

We have had difficulties recruiting enough live players within the 15 minute time frame, and a participant kindly suggested we make use of this forum. Please let me know if this is not the right place for this - I am still learning the ropes.

Please check my colleague (who is the requester)'s TurkerView profile by putting his name Robert Chaudoin in the search box. (I tried to paste the link here but having the link flagged the post as spam-like)

Here is the title of the HIT that will go up :
Play an interactive game for approx. 40 min and earn bonus payment of approx. $6 - 12.

The base payment is $5.

The description of the HIT:
The bonus will range from $6-12, but can potentially be higher or lower. Answer some survey questions. Then learn to play a simple game and play it with other mturkers online. The HIT takes approx. 40 min and this includes the maximum time spent waiting for other players to join. You must participate within three minutes of accepting the HIT and for the whole duration of the game. There is a base payment and then you will receive a bonus based on how well you do in the game.

I don't actually have access to the HIT ID, but I am hoping you will be able to find it by searching for the title.

If you don't end up getting matched after the maximum 15 minute wait in the waiting room, you will be excused from the study and will still receive the $5 show up fee (base payment).

Thank you so much for reading.
Link to TV profile: https://turkerview.com/requesters/A1ZZF7C2CMECZN-robert-chaudoin

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Judgment and decision making(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: OS [A3PHCTKKLPFVMC] (Req TV): $24.38/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 4.02] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Fill in a brief survey
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Exc: [156405311-157034] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think that had a problem filling up.
I assume since it is a 5 dolla base pay the auto catchers grabbed em up before they even showed up. That would explain why ppl aren't jumping in on them right away. I knew it was coming, going ham on it. nothing.

Last edited:

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
Crap finally find it and its gone as soon as i click it..
Being a gamer I get annoyed when I cant get the gaming tasks
:(

Last edited:

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Just sent one back.
I already did it.
It's for sure worth it.

Reactions: research_admin

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Opinion on Current Issues(~ 6 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Stanford GSB Behavioral Lab [A3OSXTUM1QEXNY] (Req TV): $13.77/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.25] [Fair: 4.35] [Comm: 3.43] [Fast: 4.14]
Description:
$1 for 6 minutes!
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 11
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [157683-157094] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1Take Test; Location In US;

Reactions: DatJersey

research_admin

Requester
Reaction score
Oh no, thank you so much for telling me. In our external programming interface, it says there are only 5 live players logged on.. I think someone mentioned the problem with scripts, but I didn't know it was to this extent.. we were recommended by someone to have the base rate quite low (so that it's less than the threshold for some scripts) and then just add on the remaining intended base rate to the bonus payment. Do you think doing that + posting on this forum might help?

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: (~10 min study) Hear and see information about people before answering questions about them | PANDA
Requester: Dax Center [AF7G4E2DS7XOF] (Req TV): $14.62/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.11] [Fair: 4.60] [Comm: 3.67] [Fast: 4.88]
Description:
You will see pictures, hear audio, and be told a fact about a number of people. Then you will be asked to answer some questions about these people. Please note that you will need to hear audio on your device.
Time: 25 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.20
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: HelloHello

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest maybe doing a pre screen and giving a qual to people who want to show up at a certain time. Maybe run it a few hours before you want to schedule the event. That way you only get people who are willing to play the game and are catching the job intentionally will be the ones that are grabbing the hit.

research_admin

Requester
Reaction score
I suggest maybe doing a pre screen and giving a qual to people who want to show up at a certain time. Maybe run it a few hours before you want to schedule the event. That way you only get people who are willing to play the game and are catching the job intentionally will be the ones that are grabbing the hit.
Oh interesting - I didn't know that was something we could do. I will look into this. Thank you so much for the suggestion - I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.