• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
:( I don't have any help to offer. When this happened last year someone suggested some magic/fantasy sounding dirt that kills them but I dont' remember what it was.
diatimacious earth probably (I'm sure I horribly misspelled that) that's like the one thing I haven't tried yet

alk69

Reaction score
mine randomly disappeared about 2 months ago but I just found 4 on the desk :(
You need a spider. Spiders eat ants...apparently, I've never actually seen one do that. I had ants coming in my kitchen window, til I left the long legged spider hanging at the top of the window. Now all I see are desiccated ant corpses on the window sill. 'Course, the cure might be looked upon as worse than the disease.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
is that kid and pet safe though?
I'm not exactly sure, but after one of my sister's dogs allegedly ate one,
my sister explained that its bad for ants because its too much for their small bodies, where as pets and humans might not be affected that badly...

I'd check the label though

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: A 6-minute study about consumers' preferences | PANDA
Requester: Elaine [A187O7IYKUALXR] (Req TV): $10.20/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
A short study about consumers' preferences
Time: 45 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.70
Qualifications: Consumer Preference Study3 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US;

Birdie

JD in Birb Law
Contributor
Reaction score
:( I don't have any help to offer. When this happened last year someone suggested some magic/fantasy sounding dirt that kills them but I dont' remember what it was.
Diatomaceous Earth I'm guessing? I use that stuff for so many things cause my dinguses won't try and eat (as much) dirt as they will try and eat anything that seems remotely poisonous.

I recently got ants here, but it's because they are literally just walking in the cracks in the front door...how soon can escrow be over? Someone please get me out of this crack house of an apartment building.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
is that kid and pet safe though?
No, but it's pretty small (you just set a drop on some cardboard) so if you can hide it on your desk behind a monitor or something where kids/pets cant go? I use it behind my microwave. I think it's probably just more sticky and messy than toxic. One drop?

Diatemaceous earth is awesome, though. I use it along windowsills and floorboards and around my bathroom sink. Ants love my bathroom :angry2:

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Diatomaceous Earth I'm guessing? I use that stuff for so many things cause my dinguses won't try and eat (as much) dirt as they will try and eat anything that seems remotely poisonous.

I recently got ants here, but it's because they are literally just walking in the cracks in the front door...how soon can escrow be over? Someone please get me out of this crack house of an apartment building.
Yup that's it!

Ours are crawling through cracks in the wall in the bathroom. :eek: It's weird. I expected them to come out of the window or

oh shit I never checked my room I bet they are back there too

Birdie

JD in Birb Law
Contributor
Reaction score
this will 100% solve any ant problem
Borax! We have a bunch of mining engineers that live around here cause Boron isn't too too far away. I know more than I ever thought I could about Borax now.

Also, one of the mining engineers is a hot blonde and she's my backup wife if matt ever leaves me.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You need a spider. Spiders eat ants...apparently, I've never actually seen one do that. I had ants coming in my kitchen window, til I left the long legged spider hanging at the top of the window. Now all I see are desiccated ant corpses on the window sill. 'Course, the cure might be looked upon as worse than the disease.
That's a no from me, dawg. Already seen 3 brown recluse in the past few weeks. I'm good in the spider department.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: 5 minute survey: What do you think about these political groups?(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Eric Forbush [A1B3D8AWK7HMQA] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Tell us how you feel about about a few political groups in a short survey.
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 18
Reward: $0.49
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Exc: [-1441781430-96222] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

Reactions: Jaded

Birdie

JD in Birb Law
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure, but after one of my sister's dogs allegedly ate one,
my sister explained that its bad for ants because its too much for their small bodies, where as pets and humans might not be affected that badly...

I'd check the label though
I've had multiple incidents so I tend to keep any poison type traps (borax, ant traps, etc) in a place I for sure know they won't get to easily and then back that up by dusting around with Diatomaceous Earth. We went to a house showing that had fleas and despite the fact we both literally stripped in the street to avoid bringing our clothes in, we got fleas again. I've murdered 99% of them, but I still occasionally see a tiny one. It is the worst. Borax is fairly safe and you need a larger amount for poisoning, but my dog once licked it right off the carpet when I was spot cleaning with it and promptly went full Linda Blair.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Yup that's it!

Ours are crawling through cracks in the wall in the bathroom. :eek: It's weird. I expected them to come out of the window or

oh shit I never checked my room I bet they are back there too
So if you can find the holes or entrances draw chalk lines around it. This won't kill them, but ants won't cross a chalk line.

Odd, I know, but it totally works.

Reactions: Jaded
Status
Not open for further replies.