• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been so freakin' busy today, only been turking in between having to do errands. PE is $21 :(
Man, I can sit here all day whining about all the shit I can't catch and be glad I got $20. You're kicking ass between errands :love:

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Man, I can sit here all day whining about all the shit I can't catch and be glad I got $20. You're kicking ass between errands :love:
lol it's taken me way longer than usual to get here than it usually does. I've had to go meet someone twice today, go to my landlord's office, get a money order, pick up a dog and drop them off somewhere else, stay on hold for almost 2 hours for a 3 minute conversation...all while kiddo is trying to climb in my lap.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone! Took yesterday off from mturk. Was pleased to catch $25 worth in 1.5 hrs this morning! Was hoping to come back on to find the same kind of activity, but I am sorely wrong. Hope everyone has a productive day!

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
"This study will be conducted through this online survey. The survey should take you approximately 5 minutes to complete.

Benefits of Participating in the Study:

You will receive $.10 for your participation, and you may feel gratified knowing that you helped further the scholarly work in this research area."

The intent is to provide turkers with a sense of pride and accomplishment...

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
"This study will be conducted through this online survey. The survey should take you approximately 5 minutes to complete.

You will receive $.10 for your participation, and you may feel gratified knowing that you helped further the scholarly work in this research area."

They were wrong! It is far better than telling them that your grant funds are low because the scientific community has little faith in you. Add to this trying to find a funding source that is unbiased and not seeking a specific result, which if you fail to provide your funding is pulled. Yeah, far better to go with what the requester said.

Reactions: Starslip and Butter

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Note to requesters: There's nothing more gratifying than being able to pay rent.

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Corporate Social Responsibility Public Perception Quotient | Accept
Requester: Chris Groening [A3I3SMK6IY98G1] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.03] [Pay=3.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.60] [Fast=4.43] [Comm=2.33] [Fair=4.11] [Reviews=17] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=6.00] [Pen=0.52 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.55
Duration: 86400
Available: 31
Description: Give your opinion regarding a firm's corporate social responsibility/irresponsibility
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
1[/td][/tr]

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Participants needed for survey about political candidates(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Linda Skitka [A1CDXE0UKGK32Y] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.95] [Fast=4.38] [Comm=3.42] [Fair=4.44] [Reviews=44] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 3600
Available: 3
Description: We are researchers at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) conducting research on how people think about political candidates, and we would like to know your opinion.
Qualifications: Inc: [19-96270] Exists ; Exc: [-1318344894-96270] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Short Parenting Survey (PARENTS ONLY) | Accept
Requester: Communication Neuroscience Lab [A1P4QCLJIL22M7] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 10800
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about a series of motivational messages about parenting in this ~10 min survey. Note: You have to be a parent to be eligible for this task.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Parenthood Status EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Vanyanka and Jaded

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Idk...the best I hope for most days is that AI will spare my life because I helped train it on mturk.
We'll probably be the ones that get picked off first, because they will understand exactly how we think. Now I have terrified myself. I need to write a book about using a major platform to train AI, then publishing that book to another outlet of the same umbrella corp, then having it turn on you. I wonder if I could self publish that book to a certain place, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.