07/11 - Mamba Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
AFAICT, only a tiny bit got near the fan exhaust, and that's it. Didn't even hit the USB ports on that side. Now that I've calmed down, I'm hopeful.
that's probably the best news, I'd venture a guess that you'll be fine.

fwiw I spilled coffee directly onto my laptop a couple of weeks ago, but quick action saved me. Literally about half a cup directly onto my numpad area (oh god mah AHK) and the USB port there. Quick clean and dry, USB port was wonky for about 10 minutes after booting back up but a little rubbing alcohol got whatever I missed originally out of there.

Reactions: jan

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
/me sighs.

I don't think I like any of y'all anymore.
I still thought it was good. But I just think that if the next book had been out and I had already read it, I may have felt much differently (which is how at least the last couple seasons of that show had gone for me.) So not being familiar with what's supposed to happen kind of made it more enjoyable for me.

Reactions: MerryLou and Jaded

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
~5 mins. (Look at the HIT title to make sure you qualify)

Title: Answer a survey about online reviews if born between 1971 - 1991
Requester: Johnine McCartney [A3HKRVFEC2U4LB] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.29 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.60 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 8
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Give us your opinion about online restaurant reviewers (5-7 minute survey)
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Masters has been granted

Reactions: RaiderJ and Krikket

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I still thought it was good. But I just think that if the next book had been out and I had already read it, I may have felt much differently (which is how at least the last couple seasons of that show had gone for me.) So not being familiar with what's supposed to happen kind of made it more enjoyable for me.
I agree, I'm just being dramatic because I'm bored. It was nice to see something unfolding and really not knowing which direction it could go.

Reactions: aveline

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
that's probably the best news, I'd venture a guess that you'll be fine.

fwiw I spilled coffee directly onto my laptop a couple of weeks ago, but quick action saved me. Literally about half a cup directly onto my numpad area (oh god mah AHK) and the USB port there. Quick clean and dry, USB port was wonky for about 10 minutes after booting back up but a little rubbing alcohol got whatever I missed originally out of there.
I haven't yet told the kid that she destroyed the flash drive containing all the 80s Care Bears and Rainbow Brite. Ofc it's backed up, but she doesn't know that.

Reactions: VGB and jan

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, YAHU @YAHU. How has your day been going?
I made some money and then spent all of it at the dentist. Now I am making more money that'll cover the minor cavity patching I have to get on Wednesday. I'm waiting for my gf to bring me back pizza and then I think I have to go out and buy beer

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I made some money and then spent all of it at the dentist. Now I am making more money that'll cover the minor cavity patching I have to get on Wednesday. I'm waiting for my gf to bring me back pizza and then I think I have to go out and buy beer
I didn't know you stooped so low as to eat pizza from a chain. I thought it was all artisanal, homemade with you.

Reactions: YAHU and aveline

jan

Reaction score
So much for plans of turking tonight. 6y/o came over to tell me how much she loves me and decided to put her hands on the table as she jumped up and down (something she's been told not to do at least ten times just today). Of course she slipped and of course she knocked my mostly empty coffee cup across the table and into my laptop. No idea yet what damage was done but I'm hiding in the bathroom after cleaning it up trying not to cry and scream in frustration.
Just yesterday dd electrocuted the keyfob for the car. The day before, I had gone out to the store, bought a new battery and really tiny screwdriver to replace the battery. Which means I now have four brand new useless batteries that will come in handy ---should I ever be able to afford a new keyfob.

Not nearly as bad as an electrocuted laptop (though I've done that myself, too............). :(
:hug:

Reactions: essjay

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't know you stooped so low as to eat pizza from a chain. I thought it was all artisanal, homemade with you.
It usually is but I have some work still :(

Status
Not open for further replies.