07/11 - Workout Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
Question: Since nothing is going on, I am researching hits I'm not qualified for just to see what else is out there. I see a bunch of hit batches by Amazon Requester that are 0.00 a piece. Am I missing something here? Do people do these for free?
Internal thing.

Reactions: Kennedy

BotBleepityBoopBot

Saddest Snail
Reaction score
Question: Since nothing is going on, I am researching hits I'm not qualified for just to see what else is out there. I see a bunch of hit batches by Amazon Requester that are 0.00 a piece. Am I missing something here? Do people do these for free?
Those are profile update hits.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
The highlight of Demi Moore's and Miley Cyrus' career

So, I don't want cookies to start feeding me TeenBeat ads, or whatever the kids are into but, have to know, is that an old or new movie?

EDIT Nvrmnd. I don't know why I care. I just thought they they were both old news.

Last edited:
Reactions: LowCalCalzone

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've seen those, too. I think, but these other ones look like A9s but aren't.
If there's no very obviously stated reason for a HIT to be $0.00, then it's an internal thing for whichever requester. And, likely, nobody here is going to have much more info. Sometimes they're test HITs. Or a free HIT could be a requirement of a research project for a class, or they could just be parking them and change the price later, etc. But, these are all just guesses.

EDIT But, the important ones to look for are quals and the Amazon Profile update HITs.

Last edited:

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Based on the amount of made-for-tv movies I saw about killer bees as a child, I expected they’d be a much bigger threat in my adult life.

Edit: this was supposed to be in reply to your bee post, mboone73 @mboone73, but I’m tired.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Nice, hope y'all did that hit I posted yesterday too
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Tom Lane for work related to 3DWNFENNE34BJG09B4R4GJDQQ0HJ4D.
The value of your bonus is: $8.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
No comment provided by Requester.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!
You've received a bonus from Tom Lane for work related to 3DWNFENNE34BJG09B4R4GJDQQ0HJ4D.
The value of your bonus is: $8.00 USD

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Based on the amount of made-for-tv movies I saw about killer bees as a child, I expected they’d be a much bigger threat in my adult life.

Edit: this was supposed to be in reply to your bee post, mboone73 @mboone73, but I’m tired.
I thought quicksand was everywhere when I was a kid, and this was a major concern.

That and the nuclear winter.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long the "Provide consistent and justifiable thoughts on robots explaining their actions(~ 60 minutes)" study takes?

The very first page of instructions say "PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Tips for Maximizing Your Chances of Getting a HIT Approved" which does not inspire confidence.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | PANDA
Requester: Lab for Social Research [AUIV2U68T1REV] (Req TV): $14.01/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.90] [Fair: 4.79] [Comm: 3.17] [Fast: 4.09]
Description:
~15 minute study that pays $2 upon completion
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 3
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: Qualification_Z DoesNotExist ; Qualification_54 EqualTo 2; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 85; Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: Despairagus

Jatis

Reaction score
Something is going weird with my PandaCrazy. It is giving me purple boarder on things it shouldn't. For example if I click the survey comet link for my $16 weekly HIT it is there and ready to be accepted. However on PandaCrazy when I try to Panda it it gives me purple boarder as if I was not qualified. This happened on a few other hits that I can't seem to replicate due to availability.

Anyone have any insight before I try to reinstall, and go through all that jazz.

Reactions: Andromedia

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long the "Provide consistent and justifiable thoughts on robots explaining their actions(~ 60 minutes)" study takes?

The very first page of instructions say "PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Tips for Maximizing Your Chances of Getting a HIT Approved" which does not inspire confidence.
look at the TO don't do it man..

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | PANDA
Requester: Lab for Social Research [AUIV2U68T1REV] (Req TV): $14.01/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.90] [Fair: 4.79] [Comm: 3.17] [Fast: 4.09]
Description:
~15 minute study that pays $2 upon completion
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 3
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: Qualification_Z DoesNotExist ; Qualification_54 EqualTo 2; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 85; Location EqualTo US;
Says take 30 minutes, only took 4. Also, the Panda said I wasn't qualified (turned purple), but I was able to accept it on mturk itself. Second survey in a day that is weird about accepting it on quals.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 12 minute study, REQUIRES SMARTPHONE | Accept
Requester: Surveys [A3UZVHOLFVVAXW] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.71] [Pay=4.52] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.50] [Fast=4.90] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=57] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=12.03] [Pen=0.83 days] [Res=null] [Rec=92%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: -
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Pleco

cassius

Reaction score
Something is going weird with my PandaCrazy. It is giving me purple boarder on things it shouldn't. For example if I click the survey comet link for my $16 weekly HIT it is there and ready to be accepted. However on PandaCrazy when I try to Panda it it gives me purple boarder as if I was not qualified. This happened on a few other hits that I can't seem to replicate due to availability.

Anyone have any insight before I try to reinstall, and go through all that jazz.
Survey comet will act weird on panda crazy sometimes. I think I had that problem and got around it by finding the SC hit that belongs to me and just clicking on it and doing it the regular way. It won't let you accept it if it's not yours to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.