07/12 - Tostada Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The museum has a small shed on their property, it houses L&N 152, the only operational L&N steam locomotive left (there are two other L&N steam survivors, both in Kentucky, but neither are operational and 152 has actually been down for scheduled rebuild for the last 7 years), and one or two other items. They have a large canopy/cover over a spur track where stuff sits underneath it, but there's no walls so items are still exposed to the elements, kinda annoys me because some of the items they have, they've let deteriorate to a rough condition. An old wooden passenger car that the L&N restored back in the 1960s to tour with the famous "General" steam engine is underneath that shed, halfway covered in tarps because the elements have gotten to it. That bothers me. The 770 could've gone to another museum down in Bowling Green,KY to be used on a static passenger train display but the museum that owns it wouldn't let it go, so the other museum bought another unit elsewhere and repainted it. It looks a lot better.
CSX W051-19, Bowling Green,KY 4/26/2016 (Engine on the right)
I've never been to a railway museum elsewhere, so I'm not sure how ours really compares, but it sounds like we've got a lot more room. You may be interested in this: http://www.mrym.org/roster.html.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Have to go be a productive member of society now. Hopefully when I log back on this afternoon, mturk will be hopping!

Minx2121

Reaction score
I have one framed in my living room, a noah's ark. I have 2 others glued/taped, I think I'm just going to hang them in my or kiddo's room (without a frame because even poster frames are expensive af). 1 other one is ready to glue but I ran out lol.

also just realized I'm completely derailing the thread. sorry :grimace:
Me and my fiance like doing puzzles, I hadn't been a puzzler until I started dating him lol. We were doing them consistently for awhile but for the last few months we have been stuck on this one of pheasants that is almost complete and we lost some motivation haha. We have been more interested in watching movies lately.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This one is worth throwing into your pandas. Bonus, too. Fast. But full of math & engineering.
Title: Academic survey with $5 completion award. | PANDA
Requester: Christine Exley [A4LCJUP51VHRV] (Req TV): $38.24/hr
(TO): [Pay: 4.93] [Fair: 4.92] [Comm: 4.69] [Fast: 4.92]
Description:
You will be asked to answer an approximately 35-45 minute academic survey.
Time: 2 hour(s) 15 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;
Thanks wascal wabbit @wascal wabbit. This was good. About 20 minutes, and then chance of a bonus. Went a lot quicker than I expected.

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
not a fucking thing, daughter is filing for divorce, the dude won't leave, it's going to cost me a shitload of money I can already tell. I should have kept it in my pants a long time ago...
I gave you a solidarity like, not an "I like this" kind of like. Hope things take a turn and resolve smoothly.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Last edited:

hockeyfan87

Reaction score
I've never been to a railway museum elsewhere, so I'm not sure how ours really compares, but it sounds like we've got a lot more room. You may be interested in this: http://www.mrym.org/roster.html.
I have actually driven by that museum, although it's been a few years ago. Passed it on my way to Springfield,IL for the ARCA race out there I was photographing. Came back through the first time I went and they were running a steam locomotive, so I pulled in to watch for a few. The museum near me has room track-wise, just not enough structures to house everything. They own about 17 miles of track, I've actually ridden the 4-5 extra miles that the excursion train doesn't use via a hi-rail.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I may or may not be turking only 60% of the time I'm here
If I'm in here talking, there's more than a fair chance I"m not working. Like right now.>.> But I'm fixin to leave the house so this doesn't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.