07/20 - SDCC Saturday!

Would you want to go to the moon? (if money was no issue)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
50 years and less than 10 minutes ago.... "Houston, Tranquility Base here. THE EAGLE HAS LANDED."
?

Then they get down to EVA preps and a well-deserved short crew rest period before the EVA begins.

cassius

Reaction score
Is it ironic I get a 404 error trying to pull up this link?

I definitely believed the moon landing happened, but I admit the conspiracy stories are entertaining instead of serious.
Sorry, looks like maybe the link was taken down. It was a good article, that's why I posted it. Not conspiratorial. It was about why conspiracies are taking over some POV. It was saying that we didn't do anything real and noticeable with that experience of going to the moon. There are no hotels to travel there in all of these 50 years so the whole thing has just become kind of difficult for a lot of people to accept and the conspiracies appear more interesting.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Apparently humans aren't really even meant to go to space. Tests done on astronauts who've come back show that the change in gravity messes with the body. It changes the shape of your eyes for example. And we don't even know if it's possible to give birth in space yet, so living in space might not be an option.

Brocktoon

Hey man, you fuckin' know Belvedere?
Reaction score
Sure Twitch, it's 600 degrees here and all I want to do is watch some dude play NES without a buffer every 5 seconds, but by all means, play your stupid fucking ads to support your fine product.

• Haha
Reactions: jan and thismegan

jan

Reaction score
Title: Short user interface study | Accept
Requester: techmnyu@gmail.com [A27YK1ATF39NIR] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$24.70] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unacceptable] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.83] [Fast=3.94] [Comm=1.67] [Fair=4.25] [Reviews=116] [ToS=4]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.65
Duration: 20:00
Available: 1
Description: Help choose an advice user interface
Qualifications: Past Investment Study Participant DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: cb456

HelloHello

Reaction score
One nice thing about a slow Mturk day at the computer is I got my $75 Amazon gift card from User Interviews spent (plus another gift card and promotional credits). I was shocked it was in my inbox this morning - less than 24 hours. Since I endeavor to spend these funds on things I would routinely buy with real money, and I'm too cheap to pay for Prime, it's really quite involved - must have free shipping, lowest price, specific brands, etc., etc., etc., because I am cheap. This was an unusually successful order I got groceries and condiments, coffee, makeup, household, and household cleaning, supplies.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently humans aren't really even meant to go to space. Tests done on astronauts who've come back show that the change in gravity messes with the body. It changes the shape of your eyes for example. And we don't even know if it's possible to give birth in space yet, so living in space might not be an option.
I think Space is there so we human's will have a challenge to solve.

Reactions: turkleton and savvy

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Just because I have nothing better to do (and am avoiding stuff I just don't want to do), I well let you know that I started reading "Hitler" by Joachim Fest and boy, was Adolf weird even when he was VERY young. Totally WEIRD.

OK, you can go back to work now. Thankee.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Just because I have nothing better to do (and am avoiding stuff I just don't want to do), I well let you know that I started reading "Hitler" by Joachim Fest and boy, was Adolf weird even when he was VERY young. Totally WEIRD.

OK, you can go back to work now. Thankee.
Going to check out that book!

Status
Not open for further replies.