07/20 - World According to Garp Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So what would you have done in the requester's position if when you checked someone's work you were easily able to find results on tasks where the worker submitted no results? If that worker did hundreds of tasks, would you go through every single one of them, doing all of the work over yourself, in order to determine which results were legitimate and which were not?

Just like you want to be paid for your time, requesters want to get what they are paying for. They're not typically going to want to bend over backwards to accommodate workers that are submitting unreliable results to them

Now maybe this guy really is shady and maybe a lot of these rejections are unfair, but regardless, a lot of workers just never learn. This exact thing has happens all the time. Requester posts some search HIT. Workers ship in a bunch of NA not knowing yet how the requester will react. Requester mass rejects. Workers flip out.

Maybe stop doing that.
Over it for now. Talking about it further for me would just get me angry.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: RaffRiffofTurk

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Response from the requester. One stupid scammer ruins it for the rest, eh?
"The problem is that some workers are committing fraud. One worker did over 400 HITs yesterday and used a "random name generator" to enter false data. Of course, I rejected all that work. What do I do if a worker enters names for 20% of the entries but the data show they spent 5 seconds on each one? My solution has been to find workers who are doing sloppy/fraudulent work and reject all their work. But I hear your feedback and I will see what I can do to try to deal with different cases differently. But it's hard to do that in a big project."
That face he responded seems like a somewhat good sign, but make an effort NOT to reject people who don't deserve it being a problem because it's too much work? Thats a problem.

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
So what would you have done in the requester's position if when you checked someone's work you were easily able to find results on tasks where the worker submitted no results? If that worker did hundreds of tasks, would you go through every single one of them, doing all of the work over yourself, in order to determine which results were legitimate and which were not?

Just like you want to be paid for your time, requesters want to get what they are paying for. They're not typically going to want to bend over backwards to accommodate workers that are submitting unreliable results to them

Now maybe this guy really is shady and maybe a lot of these rejections are unfair, but regardless, a lot of workers just never learn. This exact thing happens all the time. Requester posts some search HIT. Workers ship in a bunch of NA not knowing yet how the requester will react. Requester mass rejects. Workers flip out.

Maybe stop doing that.
THIS

Reactions: DCI and Yuk

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Like it's been mentioned before, the rejections bug me, BUT the method he used to assess the rejections and his reasoning is what pisses me off.

WordVixen

I Don't Know What I'm Doing
Contributor
Reaction score

Cruxy

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel dead inside from all the surveys they have taken over the years of turking? This is my third or fourth year of turking...i dont remember which and i feel as if i am a hallowed husk remnant of the human being i was before i started turking.

No? Just me...ok carry on....

Reactions: sinon and WordVixen
Status
Not open for further replies.