07/21 - The Tempest Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
" Second, I learned that it is relatively common to manipulate the amount of time spent on each HIT. This means that folks who appear to have spent a lot of time on a HIT may not have spent much time at all. This manipulation, which I now see is common, is really unfortunate."

So they KNOW when you're queueing stuff to try and cook them.
I dont queue stuff to cook them... I do it to stay organized and do the hits that expire first.

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes!! lol. I like it when they look at me in the store and ask, "are they twins?" Naw, they are triplets and i just leave the ugly one at home... come on now!
Or ill have them both in pink dresses, pink bows, and pink shoes, and they say i have handsome little men.
My twins look nothing alike and one is 2 inches taller than the other. I love when people ask me if they are natural. Please, let's sit down and discuss my reproductive organs, total stranger.

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
i don't think i submitted any where i couldn't find the pastor. i returned all of them. so i'll keep waiting but the pitchforks are going to come out if he keeps rejecting people.
Some of the rejections were warrented because people put N/A when he was able to find the answers himself.

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
I did 10 of them and all approved so I don't have a dog in this fight, but it seems like he wants to do the "right" thing but really doesn't know how to. Obviously a qual batch would have been the right way to do it but he apparently didn't even know that was a possibility.

Did anyone invite him here to try to continue the dialogue before we go full pitchfork on him?

Either way I'm cool with a mob. I just like being a part of something.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
I think the lesson from the pastor hit is to not do hits that aren't worth pitting in your full effort. I tried one of the pastor hits, but it took too long for the pay... so I just returned it and forgot about that batch.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I did 10 of them and all approved so I don't have a dog in this fight, but it seems like he wants to do the "right" thing but really doesn't know how to. Obviously a qual batch would have been the right way to do it but he apparently didn't even know that was a possibility.

Did anyone invite him here to try to continue the dialogue before we go full pitchfork on him?

Either way I'm cool with a mob. I just like being a part of something.
this is part of the problem with mturk in general. people come on and start putting up work and just do whatever the hell they want because they don't know how this works, because mturk doesn't tell anyone how it works.

Reactions: scout and Concise

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Raven

I have a list of names, yours is in red underline
Contributor
Reaction score
My twins look nothing alike and one is 2 inches taller than the other. I love when people ask me if they are natural. Please, let's sit down and discuss my reproductive organs, total stranger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matilda Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.