08/04 - Start Typing Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
lol. You do what you want and don't worry your pretty little head about what I think. I'm just some rando in a forum. I could even be a bot. I could even be a bot. I could even be a.
Sorry about that. Got caught in a loop.

Anyway, I was joking. I've never had much trouble catching HITs and definitely aren't one to complain about it. I also don't think that you are going to sway things one way or the other. People on reddit can't maintain their interest or attention on MTurk because they're on reddit. I would say that if you have someone that you really like on there, and want to help, drag them over here and we'll all help them. I've been doing this for years and have looked at that subreddit exactly twice. Saw absolutely no benefit.
I don't know man. I'm kind of burnt out on the whole lending a hand thing. I've given some dudes a nudge in the right direction, a lot of them I spelled it out for them how to use finder and catcher in MTS. I think I've given back as much as I need too.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
I'm walking down to my parents to get some ice cream. I'm not catching anything anyways. Bought to sacrifice a lamb or something to HIT Catcher so I get back in it's good graces.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I don't know man. I'm kind of burnt out on the whole lending a hand thing. I've given some dudes a nudge in the right direction, a lot of them I spelled it out for them how to use finder and catcher in MTS. I think I've given back as much as I need too.
Gotta remember, all of that info is out there, or here, or wherever. You found it pretty quickly. There's a reason they haven't. If they don't have to work for it, they won't value it as much.:)

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Read actual restaurant reviews! - Categorize the given text content based on the provided criteria | Accept
Requester: Nah Lee [A1WM1D28SW3AA8] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=3.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=3.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 43200
Available: 1
Description: ~15m, quick approval, bonus reward for top quality workers
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm walking down to my parents to get some ice cream. I'm not catching anything anyways. Bought to sacrifice a lamb or something to HIT Catcher so I get back in it's good graces.
HIT catcher is vegetarian. It loves ice cream though. Since it doesn't have hands, I'll hold it.:)

Reactions: AlexDroog

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
Ikr. Could you imagine if all of a sudden people didn't think this was just for beer money?!
"New studies show that you CAN actually make more than $30 a day!"

Y'all are complaining about being able to catch HITs now. Just you wait. lol
You'd be amazed at how many dudes were like " Man, this MTS doesn't really help. I keep clicking on HITs and it says that there ain't any more of them available. How do you get so many HITs?". Then I explained to them the concept of HIT catcher. So they try it and then bitch that catcher isn't catching anything for them. Then I have to tell them to be patient. It's like, alright man I'm done with this.

Reactions: MarkC and Jerami

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
You should focus on helping you.

The way I see it, if you are doing well-enough Turking that you have time to start taking people from Reddit under your wing, then you should instead be spending your time building up your own skill-set by doing things like learning more about scripting... or start work towards developing skills that would be useful for non-MTurk work.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You'd be amazed at how many dudes were like " Man, this MTS doesn't really help. I keep clicking on HITs and it says that there ain't any more of them available. How do you get so many HITs?". Then I explained to them the concept of HIT catcher. So they try it and then bitch that catcher isn't catching anything for them. Then I have to tell them to be patient. It's like, alright man I'm done with this.
I wouldn't be amazed at all. I'm amazed that half of the population doesn't starve to death because they don't know where we keep the food. And even more amazed that they can tie their shoes.

Last edited:
Reactions: alk69

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
i am just catching the end of this convo so forgive me if this has been discussed but why don't you just tell them to come here and they will have access to the info they need.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
HIT catcher is vegetarian. It loves ice cream though. Since it doesn't have hands, I'll hold it.:)
and as I'm ready to walk out the door I hear her voice. What does she say? HIT caught.
We have to give her a name.

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
i am just catching the end of this convo so forgive me if this has been discussed but why don't you just tell them to come here and they will have access to the info they need.
That's what I said. It takes a village to raise an Mturker.:p

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
and as I'm ready to walk out the door I hear her voice. What does she say? HIT caught.
We have to give her a name.
Oh, did I not say that? That usually works. Just threaten to do something more enjoyable and you'll get 1, every time. Gotta be really serious about it.

Also, I've given her a name but, it's not polite in mixed company.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
I did to one of them but tbh I don't want the average Redditor coming over here trying to learn how to make money. The quality of this forum would plummet like a fuckin stone. Reddit is a completely different culture than this, kind of like 4chan. A good portion of malicious smart-asses.

Reactions: ecko

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I did to one of them but tbh I don't want the average Redditor coming over here trying to learn how to make money. The quality of this forum would plummet like a fuckin stone. Reddit is a completely different culture than this, kind of like 4chan. A good portion of malicious smart-asses.
They know we're here. They either lurk or don't last long. We make it feel like a real job.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
Oh, did I not say that? That usually works. Just threaten to do something more enjoyable and you'll get 1, every time. Gotta be really serious about it.

Also, I've given her a name but, it's not polite in mixed company.
4 hour timer. It's ice cream time!

Reactions: Jerami
Status
Not open for further replies.