08/05 - Super Nintendo Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You just keep on trucking and eventually you can work your way up to sword swallower.
Thanks for the support. I'm halfway there. Getting them back up is the hardest part.

Reactions: C to the J

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Well, counting things could be worse, I guess.

You've received a bonus from Yiming Liu for work related to 3B6F54KMR2CB9TOZYBMJV84GLVT1SI.
The value of your bonus is: $6.30 USD

The Requester included this note:
Payment for Day 1

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: __ Coffee Shop World Experiment __ | Accept
Requester: Andre Oliveira Beukers [A2VWN95BKHWBS8] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.57] [Pay=4.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.83] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=12.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 5.00
Duration: 7200
Available: 1
Description: Read stories and make predictions.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Michele

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh no. :( But hey now you have more cool stuff lol. And you reminded me I got some stuff with that coupon someone posted the other day (props to them for that, my bad I can't remember who it was...) I can't remember what I got though :thinking:
This is true.

I have a lot more stickers and washi tape. ON the plus side it was all on sale. (I wouldn't have bought any of it otherwise)

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Robot Experiment in Emergency Scenarios | Accept
Requester: Robot Ethics and Aerial Vehicles Lab [A3C79NCG9MFEH8] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.67] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=3.25] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=10] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=30.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 10800
Description: A 15 minute experiment to study the human decision making process when interacting with a robot during an emergency.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US; Single Attempt DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: desallemands

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Read two short stories and take a recognition test for what you read | Accept
Requester: Andrea [A1NXFVZ1QPWNBM] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=4.50] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 5.00
Duration: 7200
Description: Read short narratives about a variety of topics. Then, take a recognition test where you'll see a series of sentences and be asked to say whether you read each one in a story. You must be 18 or older and fluent in English.
Qualifications: Completed Narratives DoesNotExist ; Not Good DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: desallemands

Dragonfly

Reaction score
Finally caught the $8 survey comet HIT I've been wanting. We both do our separate surveys and stupid me wasn't holding the note they asked for a picture of. My uploaded note with the date was resting on the counter. I pray this doesn't cause a problem. Nothing I can do now. Ugh.

Hope you've all had a nice Sunday.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Rajagopal for work related to 306W7JMRYY49VWQJICOR6A3O9MJB8H.
The value of your bonus is: $10.40 USD

The Requester included this note:
This is the bonus you earned for the coordination experiment on Friday. Congratulations!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Frustrating experiment went on for well over an hour. Definitely earned this one.

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Judge some drawings (Set 2)! | Accept
Requester: Stanford Language and Cognition Lab [A1XUBU5CS5SFRV] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.49] [Pay=4.53] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.58] [Fast=4.49] [Comm=3.74] [Fair=4.52] [Reviews=120] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.51] [Pen=0.51 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 14400
Description: See if you can recognize what people were trying to draw (you can do multiple sets if you like but not required).
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Finally caught the $8 survey comet HIT I've been wanting. We both do our separate surveys and stupid me wasn't holding the note they asked for a picture of. My uploaded note with the date was resting on the counter. I pray this doesn't cause a problem. Nothing I can do now. Ugh.

Hope you've all had a nice Sunday.
Did you try writing to them? You can offer to upload if if they email you by attaching it in your reply message. I've done stuff like this and it turned out ok a lot of the time when I let them know.

Reactions: Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Reaction score
Did you try writing to them? You can offer to upload if if they email you by attaching it in your reply message. I've done stuff like this and it turned out ok a lot of the time when I let them know.
I did message them and was honest right away. Thank you for your feedback that makes me feel better. I got an email myself and it was just a copy of what I sent to them. Not sure what that was about. Maybe I'll attach it to that and send it to be proactive. Thanks again!

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I did message them and was honest right away. Thank you for your feedback that makes me feel better. I got an email myself and it was just a copy of what I sent to them. Not sure what that was about. Maybe I'll attach it to that and send it to be proactive. Thanks again!
Yeah, sure. Well, that's good you emailed them. But strange that you'd just get a copy back. I was just checking, because when I was new, I didn't really know that you could email requesters or even how to do it. You probably did it right, but just to make sure, did you use the link labeled "contact requester" (in your list of completed hits on the dashboard) after submitting? I've gotten bounce backs before sometimes from emails I sent because I tried to reply to a requester when the requester just mailed from the mturk address I think, so they didn't get my message. Others, I was able to reply to because they wrote from their own actual email, so I had a real address to reply to. I know how that feels, like when you're worried about a hit, I hate that feeling.

Reactions: Jerami

Dragonfly

Reaction score
Yeah, sure. Well, that's good you emailed them. But strange that you'd just get a copy back. I was just checking, because when I was new, I didn't really know that you could email requesters or even how to do it. You probably did it right, but just to make sure, did you use the link labeled "contact requester" (in your list of completed hits on the dashboard) after submitting? I've gotten bounce backs before sometimes from emails I sent because I tried to reply to a requester when the requester just mailed from the mturk address I think, so they didn't get my message. Others, I was able to reply to because they wrote from their own actual email, so I had a real address to reply to. I know how that feels, like when you're worried about a hit, I hate that feeling.
Yes, that is how I did it. I've contacted a few requesters before and never had something like I received. It was from Turk Prime or something and said my request is being reviewed and if I wanted to reply I could do so. So I just decided to resend the picture of me actually holding the note this time. I won't rest until this is approved :)

Reactions: Jerami and Michele

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yes, that is how I did it. I've contacted a few requesters before and never had something like I received. It was from Turk Prime or something and said my request is being reviewed and if I wanted to reply I could do so. So I just decided to resend the picture of me actually holding the note this time. I won't rest until this is approved :)
TurkPrime always sends you a copy of what they received, and are reviewing. It's a 'courtesy' and is auto-generated.:)

EDIT I think it's so there is proof they've received it. It's because usually the requester isn't TurkPrime but, using TurkPrime. They forward it on to the requester if it's not a problem with TurkPrime's system but, for the actual requester. I could be wrong. Don't think I am though.:)

Last edited:

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Nice, I bet you'll be okay then. You know, it's weird, I've even had hits expire and, because I was over halfway done or close to the end, someone told me that they often would just email their code after. I was thrilled a few times when it actually worked and the requesters were nice about it.

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Would anyone like to make Monday's thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.