08/07 - Taking Back Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Reaction score
I don't have a machine - I do all of my stitching repairs by hand :rain:
follow the directions by hand. don't make it so complicated. got a joanne's nearby? some have sewing centers. you might be able to use one if you charm the older ladies in there.

finnrose

Reaction score
Turn shorts inside out, use a seam ripper to remove the tiny pockets from the pants themselves (unless they're somehow part of the main pant). Use them to cut larger pockets (like a pattern) out of another fabric, 2 pieces of fabric each (like a sandwich), sew the sides together leaving the top part that will touch your pants hole free. Sew that part into the part that used to be attached to the pockets you've already removed.

If that is confusing, b/c I'm not great at explaining stuff, go to r/sewing and they will point you in the right direction/ give you a guide.
Exactly this. I was too lazy to type it out.

Reactions: Despairagus

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Turn shorts inside out, use a seam ripper to remove the tiny pockets from the pants themselves (unless they're somehow part of the main pant). Use them to cut larger pockets (like a pattern) out of another fabric, 2 pieces of fabric each (like a sandwich), sew the sides together leaving the top part that will touch your pants hole free. Sew that part into the part that used to be attached to the pockets you've already removed.

If that is confusing, b/c I'm not great at explaining stuff, go to r/sewing and they will point you in the right direction/ give you a guide.
That's actually what i was thinking, but the part I'm wondering about is the actual combining of old and new patch

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
follow the directions by hand. don't make it so complicated. got a joanne's nearby? some have sewing centers. you might be able to use one if you charm the older ladies in there.
How can i charm an old lady when i can't even charm a snake :rain:

Idk what a joann is. Last time i tried to get inside one, i was sent to HR :rain:

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That's actually what i was thinking, but the part I'm wondering about is the actual combining of old and new patch
Do you mean sewing up the edges of your pants with the new cloth, or are you planning on just cutting a hole in the bottom of the pockets and adding on? I would ditch the old pocket entirely and use all new fabric, that way if it pulls apart, it will be much easier to fix.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
come over here, I have some dresses that need hemmed and idk how to do it
Most hand stitching is actually really easy. Just imagine you're suturing up a large wound - don't let those CSATs be for nothing! :angry2:

Reactions: theturkscribe

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you mean sewing up the edges of your pants with the new cloth, or are you planning on just cutting a hole in the bottom of the pockets and adding on? I would ditch the old pocket entirely and use all new fabric, that way if it pulls apart, it will be much easier to fix.
Yea, just redoing the entire thing might be the best idea

jen

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

I had a weird problem occur... I clicked "accept" on that study on decision-making survey for $2.50 and it said I had already completed the max number of HITs for this requestor... but then after I returned the HIT my profile shows that the HIT was submitted and is now awaiting approval! I have no idea what happened here but now I'm worried that I am going to get my first ever rejection due to some kind of glitch in the system. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks guys.
I did the same thing with this hit. I emailed the requester right away and they promptly sent me the survey link. I know others recommended you do the same thing, just wanted to let you know it actually works!

Reactions: Manly5000

cassius

Reaction score
How can i charm an old lady when i can't even charm a snake :rain:

Idk what a joann is. Last time i tried to get inside one, i was sent to HR :rain:
Then those pockets are never going to get made.:eek:

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A Short Survey about Social Behavior(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: xhan4 [A1VKBOEVXXPHD8] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.80] [Pay=4.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=3.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 3600
Available: 67
Description: It is a short survey designed to understand daily social interaction.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [101685-101096] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Two part study - Part 1 | Accept
Requester: Surveys [A12QGMRLRQVKBY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.10] [Pay=4.06] [Fast=4.75] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.74] [Fast=4.65] [Comm=3.55] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=62] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 3600
Available: 45
Description: Two part study - Part 1
Qualifications: previousx DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.