08/13 - Swimming Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
No turk money all this week. I did end up with $12 yesterday and $7 today. I'm trying to get that last $1 just so I can say I made an extra $20 this weekend basically doing nothing.
yea, where've you been?
I've noticed a certain lack of ..pippa lately

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
It's just some people "get it" and some don't.
And that's not a knock on people....that's just how it is with any job/hobby/etc/whatever
this is really the crux

I could describe my working situation all day and not get a whit of it across to someone

but I work pretty stress-free all day, and relatively low effort

the aspect of learning how to make my days more productive with less effort actually takes more effort than the work, and it basically works exponentially as I learn, but that's counter-intuitive to most

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
That's the thing that for me makes it possible to be a full timer.
Efficiency.
I have a lot of little "rituals" that I do during the day that end up helping my PE a lot.

The best thing about my personal experience is I don't have to support someone (well besides her kid lol).
But I have Princess Gina Marie @Princess Gina Marie on the other side of our office all day.
Can alert each other to the hot batches, qual hits, surveys actually worth a shit, etc.

I can't imagine being solo and making a great living off mturk but with 2 people doing this shit it's damn fine :bode:

Don't forget what they have to pay back in student loans.
That even lowers their weekly earnings report.....or "paychecks" as those freaks call it.

I have to disagree with the thing about newer people.
Over the course of a week, yes my closed quals may help me a bit but on an average day I'm just doing whatever the hell is up.

It's just some people "get it" and some don't.
And that's not a knock on people....that's just how it is with any job/hobby/etc/whatever
I get your view on that. However, I don't see many people making a consistent $100 a day or so just from stuff they get from scraper. I get that people are pretty proud of the $50 a day they pull in, but for others that just isn't enough for them to live. I can probably get by with like $400 a month where I live, but I'm sure there's many people on here whose cost of living is double or triple that. Just the way I see it, Mturk should be done on the side if possible until there's a steady source of income from it. With my ocmp5 qual, I could probably transition easily for a little while, but I don't see myself doing it for more than a year. There's also the fucking uncertainty that Mturk brings, and your daily goal is never promised. With a real job, you can expect financial stability by knowing what you're going to get every week. With Mturk, I'd be so worried each and every day that I wouldn't make enough this week to pay towards rent or bills.

Add in the suspension scare, which has probably put so many people in danger of losing everything that I just couldn't make myself do it.

Last edited:

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
this is really the crux

I could describe my working situation all day and not get a whit of it across to someone

but I work pretty stress-free all day, and relatively low effort

the aspect of learning how to make my days more productive with less effort actually takes more effort than the work, and it basically works exponentially as I learn, but that's counter-intuitive to most
I just sit on my ass until something good posts.

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
yea, where've you been?
I've noticed a certain lack of ..pippa lately
I was at the beach all week. It's been a busy summer here at home but I'm getting back to routine this week.

Reactions: Jharkan

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Just work hard when there's stuff up and feel awful, then don't work hard when there isn't stuff up and feel awful. That's perfectly consistent.
Lord have mercy, why is this so accurate.

Reactions: Pippa and Kerek

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
I could be the mom of the group and make sure you all have eaten properly and are getting enough rest.

Make sure you brush your teeth.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Worst thing about this ONE THOUSAND TWEETS HIT: 5 tweets per page and no progress meter or page counter.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I get your view on that. However, I don't see many people making a consistent $100 a day or so just from stuff they get from scraper. I get that people are pretty proud of the $50 a day they pull in, but for others that just isn't enough for them to live. I can probably get by with like $400 a month where I live, but I'm sure there's many people on here whose cost of living is double or triple that. Just the way I see it, Mturk should be done on the side if possible until there's a steady source of income from it. With my ocmp5 qual, I could probably transition easily for a little while, but I don't see myself doing it for more than a year. There's also the fucking uncertainty that Mturk brings, and your daily goal is never promised. With a real job, you can expect financial stability by knowing what you're going to get every week. With Mturk, I'd be so worried each and every day that I wouldn't make enough this week to pay towards rent or bills.
While there hasn't been many new full-timers popping up these days there are 2 examples I would like to bring up, bxpretzel @bxpretzel Squatty @Squatty
One works a full time job and one raises 3 kids. Both make $50-60+ on an average day.

They are people who pay attention and see how things work.
And in turn they benefit greatly from it.

With the lack of consistency, money isn't so much an issue for me....I've worked my ass off enough to have a nice savings....never had to worry about a bill since I've been turking.

It's the effort expended.
I hate to put in a full day and make $130+ and then do it again the same way the next day and make $80
It's the rollercoaster that makes it tough.

See, this is why an MTurk commune would be AMAZING. Put a dozen of us in a big room and see what happens. (Would need an amazing internet connection to handle that, though.)
You and I both know damn well that every thing that would happen on that commune would only be suitable for this thread.
http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/mtc-deviants.1428/

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
I picture this place as The Office

Reactions: kryss
Status
Not open for further replies.