Votes: 28 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
My hubby gave me the green light to adopt/bring home another cat...so I'm looking at our local shelter on Petfinder...I might be bringing home a carload of cats tomorrow

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Today's Projected Earnings: $134.74 + Bonuses: $1.70 = $136.44 (Exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.5)
HITsValue
Viewed1213$343.55
Submitted710$134.74
Approved710$134.74
Returned463$137.39
BonusesN/A$1.70
Projected Earnings This Week $500.08

Good enough for now.

alk69

Reaction score
Texas is a miserable hot place at best. And since electric rates are UNregulated, a summer electric bill can easily be over a thousand(dollars, not turk pennies). My bill used to be a regular 450 or more per month--when I had people here who seemed to expect to be kept at a survival level of coolness. Cooling is relative --how much depends on your relatives' ability to whine loudly. Now I run one or two ceiling fans and a rattly 40 year old air conditioner in the room I'm in all day. The rest of the house is on it's own--let the cockroaches flap their wings to cool off. However, if you think that it's too hot inside, just go put the garbage out and when you come in again it's like a winter blizzard, with wind gusting out the door as you come inside. Of course(warning:recall a time), I remember summers in Austin of 120 in the shade--and almost no one had a real air conditioner. ...Texas, God's country--no one else could live here.

Twirdman

Reaction score
I just wanted to share this article because of how dumb it is. https://www.thenation.com/article/a-new-report-raises-big-questions-about-last-years-dnc-hack/

Particularly this paragraph.

"Forensicator’s first decisive findings, made public in the paper dated July 9, concerned the volume of the supposedly hacked material and what is called the transfer rate—the time a remote hack would require. The metadata established several facts in this regard with granular precision: On the evening of July 5, 2016, 1,976 megabytes of data were downloaded from the DNC’s server. The operation took 87 seconds. This yields a transfer rate of 22.7 megabytes per second.

These statistics are matters of record and essential to disproving the hack theory. No Internet service provider, such as a hacker would have had to use in mid-2016, was capable of downloading data at this speed. Compounding this contradiction, Guccifer claimed to have run his hack from Romania, which, for numerous reasons technically called delivery overheads, would slow down the speed of a hack even further from maximum achievable speeds."

Seriously how dumb are the people who wrote that. These were supposed to be former intelligence officers? They realize the internet has advanced since they retired right.

Horse Feathers

There's no future in time travel.
Contributor
Reaction score
Texas is a miserable hot place at best. And since electric rates are UNregulated, a summer electric bill can easily be over a thousand(dollars, not turk pennies). My bill used to be a regular 450 or more per month--when I had people here who seemed to expect to be kept at a survival level of coolness. Cooling is relative --how much depends on your relatives' ability to whine loudly. Now I run one or two ceiling fans and a rattly 40 year old air conditioner in the room I'm in all day. The rest of the house is on it's own--let the cockroaches flap their wings to cool off. However, if you think that it's too hot inside, just go put the garbage out and when you come in again it's like a winter blizzard, with wind gusting out the door as you come inside. Of course(warning:recall a time), I remember summers in Austin of 120 in the shade--and almost no one had a real air conditioner. ...Texas, God's country--no one else could live here.
I live in an Austin suburb. Does get in the 100s several times a year. A couple of years ago it went on for like 40 days. My electric provider is PEC which is the largest electric coop in Texas. My bill last month ran $152. 1650sq ft 2 year old house. We keep upstairs at 74 and downstairs at 72. Very different than in Austin proper.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Getting appx 1 CI on auto refresh every 20 seconds, at this point not even worth trying.
I'm just working with auto accept next hit on and it hasn't been too bad so far.

Reactions: <Gucci>

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Rate impressions of person in a short video | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Overbeck Lab MTurk Account [A28WO4Q7BQFI7C] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.60] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 5] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $17.65/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.75
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 3
Description: We'll ask you to watch a short (2m) video and report your impressions of the person in it and what he said.
Requirements: Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.5

Reactions: <Gucci> and kryss

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Investigating Semantic Representations(~ 17 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Dermot Lynott [A325L0H6Q5L71I] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.67] [Fast: 4.68] [Comm: 3.86] [Fair: 4.75] [Reviews: 26] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.25
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Available: 1
Description: A multiple choice survey about common words
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [54641-54052] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97; Adult Content Qualification is 1; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.5

Reactions: Vanyanka and kryss

Mikeyyyyy

Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
I'm just working with auto accept next hit on and it hasn't been too bad so far.
Yeah so am I. For whatever reason it doesn't like me right now. Switched to Firefox and it's a little better. Still getting booted every few I do.

kayrad

Reaction score
Yeah so am I. For whatever reason it doesn't like me right now. Switched to Firefox and it's a little better. Still getting booted every few I do.
just panda it with PC or hitcatcher and work from que

Reactions: <Gucci>
Status
Not open for further replies.