08/18 - The Throttlers Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Can you explain this to me, please? Because I don't get it. I see these things all over the place now, and I seriously just do not know what the point is. All I know is that the sounds coming out of them are often like the most infuriating sounds ever, to me.
I always thought they were some people's fetish and got them off :shrug:

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Can you explain this to me, please? Because I don't get it. I see these things all over the place now, and I seriously just do not know what the point is. All I know is that the sounds coming out of them are often like the most infuriating sounds ever, to me.
you ever get a crisp $50 bill, sniff it, and then crumple it up?

its nothing like that because instead of having a crumpled $50 bill, you just listened to some noises in HD

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I always thought they were some people's fetish and got them off :shrug:
I've just always assumed it was supposed to be some sort of relaxation type thing. But the sounds that are generally recreated in them are the sounds that usually drive me up the wall in silent rooms.

Reactions: Drwho10

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
I've just always assumed it was supposed to be some sort of relaxation type thing. But the sounds that are generally recreated in them are the sounds that usually drive me up the wall in silent rooms.
They make my ears tickle especially with headphones on... cool effect but its more of a novelty to me

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I don't mean to come off like I'm criticizing it or anything, though. I just don't understand like what they're supposed to do. No one has ever explained it to me.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
It's supposed to, with headphones, make you feel like you're in the same room as the noises you're experiencing. Like your mind can almost be tricked into thinking that whatever you're listening to is taking place right next to you. Some of them mimic noises so that it actually stimulates your skin into feeling like it's touched and stuff like that. It's all about trying to destress and relax people. It works for some, but not others.

Reactions: YAHU and aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
They make my ears tickle especially with headphones on... cool effect but its more of a novelty to me
There are plug.dj rooms devoted to it.... with little avatars dancing to it and everything. It was at that point that I became really fucking confused.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Been dealing with my OCD for a long time. It really is pretty mild compared to a lot of people's, but mine is based on gory images. I have to avoid them at all costs. I also have something like a photographic memory, so literally every horrible thing (real) I've ever seen gets stuck in my head and plays in a slideshow of horror when something triggers me. Thankfully, I can mostly deal with it. My only obsession is counting syllables. Could be way, way worse.
That's my parents' Minnesota motto. "It could be worse." Sometimes, I want to shout, "It could be fucking better!"

I am glad you are able to have a good attitude about it. I get severe anxiety sometimes and obsessive thoughts. It's a bitch for sure.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
ASMR is a made-up name some people have given to sensation of intense relaxation certain sounds produce, whispering is the most common one, or popular at least. But there's also tapping, scratching, etc. Before it became a "thing" on the internet, a lot of people experienced it but didn't say anything about it because they thought it was just a weird thing they felt and no one else did. For example Bob Ross is considered the father of ASMR even though he never set out to do it.

I remember when I was a kid my mom would buy fabric from a store, and the lady who cut the fabric had long nails and I found the sound of the cutting of fabric and her nails against the glass table incredibly soothing and relaxing, but I just thought I was being a weirdo. Which I am.

A lot of people describe it as "tingles" in their neck or their back, but for me it's just very, very relaxing. It's an intensely personal feeling though, some people like the sound of chewing in ASMR videos and for me it's incredibly annoying. So if you don't like the sound right away, it's hard to describe how for others it might be relaxing.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I don't mean to come off like I'm criticizing it or anything, though. I just don't understand like what they're supposed to do. No one has ever explained it to me.
You're the best forever and ever.

Reactions: aveline

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oh boy. Ummm, I used to really like Heather Feather but she stopped posting videos for a while. Amalzd was pretty good but kind of the same thing. GwenGwiz, Cosmic Tingles, (fe) male ASMR, and mixed ASMR are my go-to's right now.
Ardra Neala does it for me, her voice is just...Next level. Plus she makes incredibly creative videos sometimes.

Reactions: humbleturker

TurkingMaster

Crowd Master
Banned
Reaction score
you ever get a crisp $50 bill, sniff it, and then crumple it up?

its nothing like that because instead of having a crumpled $50 bill, you just listened to some noises in HD
$50 bill? What am I a peasant! :LOL:

Reactions: Drwho10
Status
Not open for further replies.