08/19 - Theoretical Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

creepy187tv

Reaction score
Quick and Easy

Title: Easy Survey - 3 to 5 quick multiple choice questions. Open to all | Accept
Requester: Johanna Toro [A1UZFYJBJN4MWK] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$3.79] [Pay=Underpaid] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.38] [Fast=4.29] [Comm=4.00] [Fair=4.83] [Reviews=17] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.05
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Quick Survey - 3-5 quick multiple choice questions. Open to all. Payment in 24 hours.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Thought since school was back i session I would have more time to turk WRONG. Every afternoon I have to go pick up the grandchildren at school (2 different schools) because there's a bus driver shortage in our school system and I'm the lucky one that our bus is not picking up children or dropping off. So I send a hour at the elementary school in traffic waiting to pick up my granddaughter. Then driver 20 minutes across town to pick up my grandson at the high school. A total of about two hours of non-turking.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
Thought since school was back i session I would have more time to turk WRONG. Every afternoon I have to go pick up the grandchildren at school (2 different schools) because there's a bus driver shortage in our school system and I'm the lucky one that our bus is not picking up children or dropping off. So I send a hour at the elementary school in traffic waiting to pick up my granddaughter. Then driver 20 minutes across town to pick up my grandson at the high school. A total of about two hours of non-turking.
Look on the bright side - it pays about the same

• Haha
Reactions: KYKITTY

infomista

Reaction score
I'm in PRE hell right now

• Sad
Reactions: jan

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from JHU-APL BeHAVE Lab for work related to 3511RHPADVYLG93QH4YFENEW99TLRR.
The value of your bonus is: $5.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Top 30%, congrats!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
I'm in PRE hell right now
how many are you getting? That was me last week. I updated MtS and it's gone away - I get less than 10 a day, which is more than before, but way less than last week - topped out on 800 one day

• Wow
Reactions: infomista

JCIII

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Ashley Whillans for work related to 34OWYT6U3WV0J3ZRTZHOUC0QUTWI91.
The value of your bonus is: $0.75 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for participating in the study. You will receive a 75cent bonus.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk

infomista

Reaction score
how many are you getting? That was me last week. I updated MtS and it's gone away - I get less than 10 a day, which is more than before, but way less than last week - topped out on 800 one day
995 right now. Going to update

Reactions: Mikey Chlanda

turker4hire

Reaction score
995 right now. Going to update
I'm constantly changing my settings every day. I either have high PREs or I can't catch anything, so I'm always adjusting my rates throughout the day. My HF seems to create more PREs when there's more hits being posted at the same time and its set to run too fast. My HC seems to create more PREs when its set too fast with only a few HCs running at a time. If I'm not currently working on hits, I'm probably adjusting the MTS settings! :wink:

Reactions: infomista

freekshow420

Reaction score
I'm constantly changing my settings every day. I either have high PREs or I can't catch anything, so I'm always adjusting my rates throughout the day. My HF seems to create more PREs when there's more hits being posted at the same time and its set to run too fast. My HC seems to create more PREs when its set too fast with only a few HCs running at a time. If I'm not currently working on hits, I'm probably adjusting the MTS settings! :wink:
if only they could fix the issue with mts re adding hits to your hit catcher automatically. I have been spending most of the day going in an out of my catcher removing the same hit multiple times because for some reason it thinks i want to catch it again.

Reactions: turker4hire

turker4hire

Reaction score
if only they could fix the issue with mts re adding hits to your hit catcher automatically. I have been spending most of the day going in an out of my catcher removing the same hit multiple times because for some reason it thinks i want to catch it again.
I think that issue is worst since the last update. I'll delete a hit from the HF, but later I find out that its still in my HC, and I have to delete it a-gain.

Reactions: freekshow420

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
what does everyone have their catcher/finder set at at? I have mine at 800 - seems to be the best balance between catching/PREs for me

freekshow420

Reaction score
I think that issue is worst since the last update. I'll delete a hit from the HF, but later I find out that its still in my HC, and I have to delete it a-gain.
yeah its annoying, i try to clear out my catcher then add like two hits, and come back to it 5 mins later and now i have 10-15 hits that added themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.