08/20 - Artificial Intelligence Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
They are tripping me out. Trying to discern my biases/patterns. "Do I assume a guy with glasses is more competent? What about gray hair?" etc.
Yeah they're making me kind of nervous b/c I have not come across a single one I felt remotely favorably about. :sorry:

Reactions: themildone

jan

Reaction score
NO TEENAGE GIRLS..ok wait...so how old is she again? I mean 18 or so I would take (my son that JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh keeps refusing)
she turns 16 next month. TBH, she's really sweet. Everyone loves her (I mean it!). She's never been in trouble - ever - at school. If she ever was, my first question would be what is wrong with the teacher. She's quiet, respectful and really tries hard. I've never had anyone ever complain to me about her
(except me.....because at home she's not quiet, respectful and really doesn't try hard. Plus her room is a mess)

jan

Reaction score
Remember how I worry about failing my job everyday?

Just had a 30 minute emotional conversation with my boss because my staff won't listen to me and follow policy and things got fucked up this weekend, and that i'm overwhelmed and can't seem to do anything right and and and.

She even reiterated multiple times how she wasn't yelling at me. But it still felt like my failure, over and over and over again.
It's not your failure. They made a mess. Your job is to make it clear to them and remind them of the rules. You can spill all of that meeting to them (poop runs downhill.....right?).
They need to shoulder this - your job is to help them :)

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from PBJ Manager for work related to 3GMLHYZ0LDWZKPRQ401XKN98Y8ZYUV.
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your careful work on our HIT.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

:} hey okay!

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
It's not your failure. They made a mess. Your job is to make it clear to them and remind them of the rules. You can spill all of that meeting to them (poop runs downhill.....right?).
They need to shoulder this - your job is to help them :)
she said that. but my anxiety and guilty conscious is a problem. it was a very emotional conversation about my whole job and being overwhelmed and pulled into too many different directions.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
My former boss was a sweetheart. We were in a meeting, and he asked one of his employees if he took his dumb ass pills that morning.
I'd punch him in the mouth so hard, his dads balls would hurt

Dragonfly

Reaction score
Title: 8 min Consumer Surveys | Accept
Requester: Daniel He [A3VZZQE99VE14D] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 1800
Available: 1
Description: Please answer the questions described in the survey
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
she said that. but my anxiety and guilty conscious is a problem. it was a very emotional conversation about my whole job and being overwhelmed and pulled into too many different directions.
Focus! This is about a problem. It's not personal. Think like an engineer. How do you solve a problem. Don't bring yourself into it one bit (I know you want to, but that's what is getting you stuck). Don't be stuck. This is just about a problem and a solution.

You can do this!

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
she turns 16 next month. TBH, she's really sweet. Everyone loves her (I mean it!). She's never been in trouble - ever - at school. If she ever was, my first question would be what is wrong with the teacher. She's quiet, respectful and really tries hard. I've never had anyone ever complain to me about her
(except me.....because at home she's not quiet, respectful and really doesn't try hard. Plus her room is a mess)
I always tell mine if they are going to be bad do it at home never in public...mine will be 16 in November I feel they may gang up on me if she comes to the farm.

Reactions: savvy and jan

charlie

Reaction score
i apparently don't have the qual but can't even see the main hit to get to the qualification request.
got the qual. nice little extra $3.00 for the day. that helps. thanks!!

Reactions: jan

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I'd punch him in the mouth so hard, his dads balls would hurt
He was just an old school workaholic. He didn't like people under 30. I worked for him for 7 years, which probably says something about my sensitivity. But he finally did get reported to HR and eventually terminated. I guess snitches don't actually get stitches anymore.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Complete task with computer mouse (~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: msr [A28ZP4L2JREON0] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=13.92] [Pen=0.18 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 3600
Available: 18
Description: Complete some tasks while using a computer mouse (desktop and laptop needed)
Qualifications: Exc: [102883-102294] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.