Not open for further replies.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: View a Short Clip and Make a Decision [Cannot be completed on moble] | Accept
Requester: Marois Lab [A47T14XOCOIC3] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.01] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.69] [Fast=4.72] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.79] [Reviews=35] [ToS=2]
TO2: [Hrly=8.31] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: $0.60 for 3-4 minute decision. You will view a short clip and provide a response. You must use a computer to complete this HIT- you will not be able to do so via mobile devices.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

5 minutes. Rather easy.

Last edited:

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
That's awful! Keep us posted.
We were looking up her info to call her and ask for keys back when we found an email from her stating she was offered a better job and is starting training tomorrow. She said she would drop keys off.

I'm sure it was an interview she flew out of here for.

I kind of feel sorry for the new company. She is not a good employee, and I hope she is not in a position that requires attention to detail. Or, you know, morals and integrity.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Health Crisis Survey (ONLY Web Users; NO Mobile Users) | Accept
Requester: Sungsu Kim [A3Q94EC9KPC39H] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.10
Description: Give us your opinion about a health crisis (ONLY Web Users; 18 years old or oder; US Residents)
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
long[/td][/tr]

Reactions: cb456

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Or, you know, morals and integrity.
Companies pay employees for their time, not their loyalty. They don't own their bodies, or their minds, they are human beings, free to make decisions that care for themselves and their families, and their only moral obligations are to them. If that means going somewhere else, so be it. Expecting people to be a slave to some company's feelings because you pay them for a few hours of their life a day is way more immoral than leaving for a better job.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Companies pay employees for their time, not their loyalty. They don't own their bodies, or their minds, they are human beings, free to make decisions that care for themselves and their families, and their only moral obligations are to them. If that means going somewhere else, so be it. Expecting people to be a slave to some company's feelings because you pay them for a few hours of their life a day is way more immoral than leaving for a better job.
Well, no, we don't own anyone. We just expect some sort of notice. And they keys to our office.

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, no, we don't own anyone. We just expect some sort of notice. And they keys to our office.
She said she's giving you your keys. She's not holding them hostage. You have it in writing.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score

I do work for loyalty, a bit. I wouldn't be anywhere in my life without dedicated people who give a crap, me and the those who put their trust in me.

But i do them right by giving them notice, and every person who has put effort into me getting where I am, supports and helps me in finding a new job elsewhere because they know I am not happy here.

Reactions: tricker

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Wild West Game(~ 40 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Samuel Gershman [A1NLXULMPXG1OY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.05] [Pay=4.28] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=3.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.11] [Fast=4.86] [Comm=4.48] [Fair=4.98] [Reviews=102] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=10.24] [Pen=0.44 days] [Res=50%] [Rec=95%] [Rej=1] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 8.00
Duration: 5400
Available: 4
Description: Play a game and try to win as much bonus money as possible!
Qualifications: SurveyGroup [1003] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [1064163462-103205] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
or you can not be a dick to your employer by leaving early w/no notice and without their keys.

Your right, sure. A dick move, yeah.
Being a "dick" and having "no morals or integrity" aren't the same thing.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
don't need to be paid for ads.

it works.

https://turkerview.com/members/
Looking through your recent reviews you rate around 94% of the surveys you do as fair-positive (mostly positive.)

Is this because you don't finish/rate bad surveys or do you somehow only do good surveys?

This is common among a lot of people on this top reviewer list.

Reactions: ecko

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Ha. Our instincts were right that something was up with the employee today.

She flew out of here 10 mins early for her lunch claiming she had an appointment she forgot about. That was kind of the last straw for us. She didn't really ask permission to leave.

Something just told me to search her desk.

There is a signed time card in it with only 3 hours for today.

So she is quitting. And she couldn't even do it to our faces.

However, she did not leave the keys to our office. Shit. That is a HUGE problem.
If I weren't already quitting I think that random desk searches would have been enough to send me out the door.

Quitting with zero notice is shitty, but there seems to be bad behavior on both sides here

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
If I weren't already quitting I think that random desk searches would have been enough to send me out the door.

Quitting with zero notice is shitty, but there seems to be bad behavior on both sides here

also another weird concept to me. only locked cabinets are not shared space in my department. desk shortages, etc, everything is fair game at all times. I do work for the government though so I don't know what the private sector is like.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Read and rate 8 short text excerpts | Accept
Requester: Myra [ARIKXDULIJG5S] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.88] [Fast=4.38] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=16] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=6.84] [Pen=1.50 days] [Res=null] [Rec=33%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Description: You will read 8 short text excerpts and answer a multiple choice question about them.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: NemoRolls

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly... it's dick move... but people with "no morals or integrity" cause HARM. Like, they do horrible things...not just leave a shitty job w/o notice.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
also another weird concept to me. only locked cabinets are not shared space in my department. desk shortages, etc, everything is fair game at all times. I do work for the government though so I don't know what the private sector is like.
There's a difference between going into someone else's desk because you need something there and going rummaging around cause you think they're up to something. Desks aren't really private space, per se, but the implication that your boss is going through it cause they don't trust you sure as hell wouldn't earn any loyalty from me.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score

Oh no, it wasn't a random desk search. She had not returned at the scheduled time so I looked over to see if there was anything on her desk (like a note or anything I had missed). A drawer was left 1/3 open so something told me to look in.

I worded that wrong originally. Inside was her time card.She clearly expected us to find it.
Exactly... it's dick move... but people with "no morals or integrity" cause HARM. Like, they do horrible things...not just leave a shitty job w/o notice.
Ok, whoa. That seems unduly harsh.

GTG now. In tears. CAme for support, get attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.