coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Right now im reading Soul Mountain by Gao Xingjian and House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
Someone else recommended House of Leaves to me recently as well. I'll check it out.

Have Little Fires Everywhere on a hold at the library (for Kindle).
I checked out the Becker (nice to find another Goodreads person here) and recommended the library purchase it.
I just finished Tidelands by Philippa Gregory (got from Netgalley.com) which I didn't find to be one of her best.
I am horrible about updating my Goodreads and it is such a great resource. I need to get on that.

Reactions: Blue and HelloHello

okimo

Reaction score
Not totally sure, but I think they do that because sometimes the survey taker can understand too well what the intent of the survey is and lead to biased results. I usually just put that I have no idea, because I usually have no idea. Afaik it's never been a problem.
Good to know. I feel like I usually put too much effort into my response to that question.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Like, if you have problems with your cable, don't ask for free HBO till they fix it or else they might spite you and not send anyone out to fix it.
Heck, my satellite pay tv service has pulled the local CBS and FOX stations over a retransmission dispute. The blackout has lasted about 50 days so far and my pay tv provider isn't giving me any billing credits for the major missing channels. Maybe my state's AG can put a little heat on them on behalf of all the people in my state not getting what we are paying for (and especially those in such rural areas they can only get the local network and local news channels from satellite as they can't even get them with an outdoor antenna).

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm mildly depressed after all the crap today. I didn't get to go to Wichita to get the shirt for the wedding, Amz Pmts was/is on the fritz and I/my hubby had to spend $522 on 4 new tires for his truck.
Today just sucked.

I printed off a kitten coloring page and I'm going to go borrow my daughter's colored pencils, and have a coloring party with my furry babies.
Most likely tomorrow will be better. Most likely the money I sent to transfer will show up in the bank tomorrow.

Not really feeling like working right now, so I'm gonna color. If you wanna color I'm attaching the picture below.

Have a good night Turk Fam!

HelloHello

Reaction score
Someone else recommended House of Leaves to me recently as well. I'll check it out.

I am horrible about updating my Goodreads and it is such a great resource. I need to get on that.
I am going off now to indulge in some brain candy - 'Winter World' by A.G. Riddle
I am too lax in my Goodreads updating and my book reviews on Netgalley and Above the Tree Line /Edelweiss

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
So Netflix is making a Breaking Bad movie?!?!?
Says it's supposed to be a continuation of the AMC series starring Aaron Paul
I say the star is Bryan Cranston. Aaron Paul can be written out and it won't affect the show much if Bryan is there. :wink:

Sucks if Netflix is doing it as I don't do Netflix, but they do have a brand new studio here they need to do some production in so it makes sense they film the Breaking Bad movie here where Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are filmed and I see the tv show landmarks a few times a week driving around.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
I really hate when requestors ask what I think the study is about. I just don't give it that much thought.
Not totally sure, but I think they do that because sometimes the survey taker can understand too well what the intent of the survey is and lead to biased results. I usually just put that I have no idea, because I usually have no idea. Afaik it's never been a problem.
I hate that too. I have gotten into the habit of at least skimming the consent page where they tell you what the survey is about, or some variation of that, and use that along with what I felt at the end of the survey to answer that question.

Edit: There is also useful info there (on consent page) that is not in hit description. Helps to avoid being screened out, rejected, or wasting your time because you're too old, too young, employed or not employed, or haven't promised your first born to Rumplestiltskin.

Last edited:

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Linda Beijens
Survey about sleep solutions for young children
Description
15 minute survey about sleep solutions for young children that resist going to bed or have difficulty getting back to sleep at night

Reward: $2.50

about to return b/c all mine are too old...
3VGZ74AYTGOCAPYAEAN3HGZX8LUGC9

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I took an acting class from someone who used to be on a soap. He told us some tales.
I bet there are a lot of coupling (work together, eventually relationship together) or marital affairs since you have lots of good looking women and men showing tons of skin and doing lots of kissing and makeout acting together.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Do you use maps? Help us! | PANDA
Requester: Maps Research [AEWUUD3H2V6Q4] [TurkerView]
Description: -
Duration: ~10min
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1,
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90,
HIT Time: 1 min, 21 sec
Catchability: Great

Reactions: coffeeowl

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I also wonder if they use it to see if you can weave some of the questions you answered together to try to come up with a reason for the survey so they can see if you might have been paying attention to the questions or just randomly clicking bubbles or moving sliders and have no clue what the survey might have been about.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll have to see how much my AMZN shares go up when you all convert to Amazon Gift cards and buy stuff on Amazon that you would have spent the money on elsewhere had it been in your bank account instead!
:evillaugh:
I'm more cynical. I was thinking it would help them temporarily as their cash reserve spike from not paying anyone.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Title: Do you use maps? Help us! | PANDA
Requester: Maps Research [AEWUUD3H2V6Q4] [TurkerView]
Description: -
Duration: ~10min
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1,
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90,
HIT Time: 1 min, 21 sec
Catchability: Great
HIT Time: 3 mins - clicked right from this share to the survey and didn't have to panda. Thanks dareangel3!

Reactions: DareAngel3

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I'm more cynical. I was thinking it would help them temporarily as their cash reserve spike from not paying anyone.
It's a 893 billion dollar company, I don't think a few hundreds dollars means much to them. :wink:

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
It's a 893 billion dollar company, I don't think a few hundreds dollars means much to them. :wink:
its an 893 billion valuation. they don't have nearly anything close to that in assets or cash.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
its an 893 billion valuation. they don't have nearly anything close to that in assets or cash.
from the AMZN annual report I'm looking at in my hands (eek, printed!) Dec 31 2018 was 32 billion in cash/cash equivs and 162.5 billion in total assets so the amount they could make floating a few hundred dollars isn't material. :wink:

I think it's likely they are developing a new feature or revamping the AMZN payments website and something they tested or deployed in the background screwed up the bank transfer piece of the current site and now they have to figure out what broke it and how to fix it.

Reactions: cb456

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: User Test, Requires Mic, Windows or Mac, ab59a4bf | Accept
Requester: SoundingBox (Change Sciences Group) [A1DIWKR9NEY82N] Contact
TV: Hrly=$17.14 | Pay=Good | Approval=~24 hrs | Comm=Unrated | Rej=0 | Blk=0
TO: Pay=3.33 | Fast=3.87 | Comm=3.61 | Fair=4.11 | Reviews=170 | ToS=25
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 12.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Perform a user test on a website. It's fun and your opinion matters! Microphone required.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; Study Group Exclusion - 8e5b2f6b-80f2-4a67-ba2c-c188e3953863 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.11

Status
Not open for further replies.