08/24 - Working Watamote Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I think Mturk does attract people with health stuff, both physical and mental. I first got into this hardcore after I quit my "real job" and then shortly after my husband was suddenly laid off. Now I do it to feel like a useful member of society and to, you know, make some money.

I'm sorry to hear you have chronic illness and I know how that feels. PM if you ever want to talk. :)
I'm sorry you know how it feels :( I might PM you soon as I'm feeling all sorry for myself. The "cure" the docs gave me to avoid surgery caused me to gain 40 lbs. I just recently stopped one of the cures (the other one I can't "stop" as it requires a doctor) because I feel like an alien in my own body. But now the pain is coming back and I'm so friggin tired of the pain. I have not had bad pain for two years but I suffered with it for 8 prior to the "you're going to gain a helluva lot of weight in a short period of time" cure.

And I can't take any NSAIDs so I just have to deal. I hate dealing. I'm not a "deal with the pain" person. I'm a "fix it and make it go the eff away" person.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm sorry you know how it feels :( I might PM you soon as I'm feeling all sorry for myself. The "cure" the docs gave me to avoid surgery caused me to gain 40 lbs. I just recently stopped one of the cures (the other one I can't "stop" as it requires a doctor) because I feel like an alien in my own body. But now the pain is coming back and I'm so friggin tired of the pain. I have not had bad pain for two years but I suffered with it for 8 prior to the "you're going to gain a helluva lot of weight in a short period of time" cure.

And I can't take any NSAIDs so I just have to deal. I hate dealing. I'm not a "deal with the pain" person. I'm a "fix it and make it go the eff away" person.
Ever try some gentle yoga or look into it?

Reactions: tricker

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions on leaderboards | PANDA
Requester: Wenhua Qian [A3KTKFM1E2KDA9] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 2.33] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 3.00]
Description:
We are conducting an academic survey about the relationship between people's personality traits and their preferences on different leaderboards.
Time: 12 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;

TO is due to the timer. Took me 7

Reactions: <Gucci>

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score

If the medication was a steroid, you might have some success with low carb diet. Again, I'm not trying to sound like a know it all, but when I was taking medication that caused weight gain the only thing that worked for me was to eliminate carbs. That diet worked very well while I needed it too.

Reactions: <Gucci>

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
If the medication was a steroid, you might have some success with low carb diet. Again, I'm not trying to sound like a know it all, but when I was taking medication that caused weight gain the only thing that worked for me was to eliminate carbs. That diet worked very well while I needed it too.
It wasn't. The only time I take steroids is when Im stupid and take what puts me into anaphylactic shock.

But, yeah, cutting out carbs would have stopped some of the weight gain for sure.

Except wine is a carb.

(and I'm one of those chicks who never gained weight no matter what I ate until I was 45 so I'm super resistant to dieting, lol. I never had to. I just had to up exercise and the weight fell off me easily! Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo different now.)

Reactions: Vanyanka

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score

you're not alone in this. i'm on humira and I have shot up in weight big time. I'm also here if you need to talk.

Reactions: <Gucci> and tricker
Status
Not open for further replies.