08/25 - Thankful for Turkopticon Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidonie

Reaction score
I'm down for anything really. I enjoy the game Legendary for it's co-op yet competitive aspect. I also like cards for the ease, but would like to get more into a more complex style of play.
Have you tried looking at let's plays? For example Tabletop? Or even various Twitch streams? I personally watch Game the Game it usually airs Thursdays at 4pm Pacific on the Geek and Sundry channel.

seventhaxis

will turk for steak
Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried looking at let's plays? For example Tabletop? Or even various Twitch streams? I personally watch Game the Game it usually airs Thursdays at 4pm Pacific on the Geek and Sundry channel.
LightningLord @LightningLord yup, the game Tabletop Simulator has a shitload of games in the Steam Workshop as mods you can download to try, and some you can buy for the official version (highly recommended!)

Reactions: LightningLord

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
If anyone gets a code for Suri, go ahead and PM it to me :) Thank you

Reactions: kryss

Sidonie

Reaction score
My sister watches Critical Role every Thursday too. :)
That's actually why I started watching Game the Game lol. Usually just left it on in the background while I waited for it and it was fun to watch.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: WowyGirl

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
Groan.He's doing that again? I swear the real experiment is if people will share the code.

Different code for each hit, too.
I've actually read his paper, and it explains quite a bit on the access code. Watching the code spread actually IS the experiment. If you want to read about it, it's on his website. www.sidsuri.com

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
Agricola is a good safe choice then to start with. You could also go with Race for the Galaxy which is very complex experience that includes a single-player component against a VERY difficult AI. Some of my current favorites are Boss Monster, Zombicide, and Game of Thrones 2nd Edition.

Boss Monster has you playing the role of the end-game boss where you're trying to build your dungeon to be both dangerous but also enticing to heroes that want to slay you. Very fun, quick game.

Zombicide is a co-op game with 9+ large tiles where you can pretty much make your own scenario, adding a TON of replay value. It comes with minis that you can paint if you'd think you'd be into that. Always great to play WITH other people instead of against, just want to watch out against people who have the type of personality where they sort of take over the whole conversation.

AGOT 2nd edition is like Risk mixed with diplomacy and co-op components. The point of the game is to work with each other until you need to backstab them, while also making sure to fight off the wildling threat when it comes around. You can also get scenario packs to add variety to your sessions and can support from 3-6 players although the guys over at boardgamegeek have a variant with up to a metric shit ton of players.

Lots of great board games out there and I think that's one area that Kickstarter really shines with is board game launches.
Ok I'm DEFINITELY going to get Boss Monster. That game looks amazing. And at under $20, that's almost a no brainer.

I had no idea this existed! I'm going to try this out.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Whoever is the first person to grab a hit from the group gets the code. It then says you can choose to share it or keep it all to yourself.
holy shit, thats how it works!! lol thanks

but then again, why does it sit there then? If one person has the key for each of these, and they didnt want to share, wouldnt they be hamming them alone?

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Stanford Research for work related to 3HXK2V1N4KA0ZVVFRCIGFLWSE8QG2A.
The value of your bonus is: $2.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thanks for completing our task.

Status
Not open for further replies.