08/26 - Money Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Good Morning!!! I woke up to that Amazon email this morning....I am still not sure what it means exactly, so I am still a little cautious....
However, if it means what I hope it means.....I will be a die hard fan of Amazon forever....I may redesign my house in the shape of an Amazon box and paint the inside orange and black, on Thursdays I will devote my day to thinking about Bezos. I will put up a small shrine in the corner of my office with a large picture of him in a frame and burn incense every morning before I start my day...

jan

Reaction score
Good Morning!!! I woke up to that Amazon email this morning....I am still not sure what it means exactly, so I am still a little cautious....
However, if it means what I hope it means.....I will be a die hard fan of Amazon forever....I may redesign my house in the shape of an Amazon box and paint the inside orange and black, on Thursdays I will devote my day to thinking about Bezos. I will put up a small shrine in the corner of my office with a large picture of him in a frame and burn incense every morning before I start my day...
??
what email (about your $)?

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
??
what email (about your $)?
Yes, this was in my inbox this morning.

Hello,

We’re writing to let you know that there was an issue that impacted your ability to transfer funds from your Amazon Payments account to your bank account from August 21 through August 22.

If you attempted to transfer funds during this period, they were delayed by 1-2 days. If you attempted the same transfer more than once, it may have been duplicated, resulting in an incorrect balance in your Amazon Payments account.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by these transfer issues. In this case, any duplicate transfers made as a result of this issue will not be reversed and those funds will remain in your bank account.

We’re working hard to fix the incorrect Amazon Payments balance for all impacted Customers. This process may take a few days, we appreciate your continued patience. We’ll follow up again once the incorrect Amazon Payments balance issue is resolved.

Should you have any questions or need additional support, please contact us at https://pay.amazon.com/contact.

Sincerely,

The Amazon Payments Team

jan

Reaction score

Hello,

We’re writing to let you know that there was an issue that impacted your ability to transfer funds from your Amazon Payments account to your bank account from August 21 through August 22.

If you attempted to transfer funds during this period, they were delayed by 1-2 days. If you attempted the same transfer more than once, it may have been duplicated, resulting in an incorrect balance in your Amazon Payments account.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by these transfer issues. In this case, any duplicate transfers made as a result of this issue will not be reversed and those funds will remain in your bank account.

We’re working hard to fix the incorrect Amazon Payments balance for all impacted Customers. This process may take a few days, we appreciate your continued patience. We’ll follow up again once the incorrect Amazon Payments balance issue is resolved.

Should you have any questions or need additional support, please contact us at https://pay.amazon.com/contact.

Sincerely,

The Amazon Payments Team
any duplicate transfers made as a result of this issue will not be reversed --- wow

Since this can't be a sign of Amazonian benevolence, it has to be a sign of how much money they make (and what a small drop in the bucket these $'s are, compared to the trouble of reversing things.......).

But that's great for those that benefited! They all deserve it :)

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
any duplicate transfers made as a result of this issue will not be reversed --- wow

Since this can't be a sign of Amazonian benevolence, it has to be a sign of how much money they make (and what a small drop in the bucket these $'s are, compared to the trouble of reversing things.......).

But that's great for those that benefited! They all deserve it :)
Well, it still isn't really clear if they are being benevolent or if they are going to want to be paid back in some way. Either way, I am just happy they finally decided to communicate with us. I think the most messed up part was feeling like they were ignoring or avoiding everyone.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Well, it still isn't really clear if they are being benevolent or if they are going to want to be paid back in some way. Either way, I am just happy they finally decided to communicate with us. I think the most messed up part was feeling like they were ignoring or avoiding everyone.
You were the first person I thought of when I got the email lol. I only have two $20 transfers so I don't care either way really. I wish they made it clear about being paid back ro something...

savvy

Reaction score
I shouldn't check work email first thing in the morning, it's just people pissing me off with their stupidity.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
You were the first person I thought of when I got the email lol. I only have two $20 transfers so I don't care either way really. I wish they made it clear about being paid back ro something...
It had been over a month since I had transferred to my account, so I just tried a few times and everything got all jacked up...

Pugmom

Reaction score
Got the email too. I feel fairly confident the $189 overage in the bank won't be taken back now. I still have a -189 balance in payments, I'm waiting to see if that shakes itself out here in a few days. I have $135 in turk but I don't want to transfer til we see how they are handling the - balances. At least I'm more motivated to work after hearing from them. I haven't done a thing since this happened. lol.

cassius

Reaction score

Hello,

Sincerely,

The Amazon Payments Team
From our amazon agreement:

Limited Payment Processing Role; No Liability for Transactions or Delays. We are not a bank and do not offer banking services. Except for our limited role in providing the Payment Processing Service, we are not involved in any underlying transactions between Site participants (unless we are participating on the Site as a Requester). We do not guarantee payment on behalf of any Requester. In addition, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we will not be liable for any failure, delay, or damages arising out of the Payment Processing Service, or any transactions entered into through the Site.

https://www.mturk.com/participation-agreement

What I don't understand here is how anyone can think that over payments are to their own benefit ? Why not just return the money? I've returned money through PayPal before. It wasn't difficult. Amazon will do what it needs to do to protect itself as a company. And who's to say that if the money isn't voluntarily returned, Amazon might look at those workers as unreliable and close their work accounts? And we don't know why this problem occurred. It was more problematic than this problem has been in the past. It could very well be that Amazon was hacked for whatever nefarious reason/s. Probably best just to wait and see what Amazon really does as its actions usually speak louder than its emails.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: SEGS Farm Simulator | PANDA
Requester: Scott Merrill [A6LERTPX831I2]
TurkerView: [ $22.61 / hour ]
Description: simulate agricultural crop management behavior for flood and drought mitigation
Duration: 180 Min
Available: 7
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications:
  • Location EqualTo US
[3TKKR4L4ZNY5NBLEADS7B0AUWO8BAW]

savvy

Reaction score

Limited Payment Processing Role; No Liability for Transactions or Delays. We are not a bank and do not offer banking services. Except for our limited role in providing the Payment Processing Service, we are not involved in any underlying transactions between Site participants (unless we are participating on the Site as a Requester). We do not guarantee payment on behalf of any Requester. In addition, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we will not be liable for any failure, delay, or damages arising out of the Payment Processing Service, or any transactions entered into through the Site.

What I don't understand here is how anyone can think that over payments are to their own benefit ? Why not just return the money? I've returned money through PayPal before. It wasn't difficult. Amazon will do what it needs to do to protect itself as a company. And who's to say that if the money isn't voluntarily returned, Amazon might look at those workers as unreliable and close their work accounts? And we don't know why this problem occurred. It was more problematic than this problem has been in the past. It could very well be that Amazon was hacked for whatever nefarious reason/s. Probably best just to wait and see what Amazon really does as its actions usually speak louder than its emails.

I think an odd thing is Amazon's lack of communcation/pathway for how to handle it.

Reactions: LucyO

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

I agree completely. However, the issue was with Amazon Payments not Mturk. It affected others besides Mturk workers (at least according to one of the reps I spoke with). It had nothing to do with Mturk. And for all we know they could still make us pay back the balances which is why I am not touching the additional money in my account. It is possible though, that they just write it off as a mistake and call it a loss (which they apparently have done before when this has happened), or they could come up with some way for people to pay it back. At this point it is unclear. What Amazon wants to do about the loss is completely up to them. They can either decide to take the loss if it is more beneficial for them, or they can decide to ask for the money back. All I know is that they are finally communicating with us and I am happy about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.