08/27 - Sweet Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 526

Tomorrow is my Bday and I am sitting here lost at what to do haha. I am approaching a year sober so this will be the first one I haven't been hammered for in something like 23 years o_O Should a 43 y/o have a cake n ice cream party? My friends keep asking me to go out for it but they all want to go to bars/clubs. Even had one suggest a kegger BBQ :confused: I love being sober but it is times like this where I am "wtf do I do now"
what about those velcro walls people throw themselves at?

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey for Moms about food at home (1 min screener, 20 min survey) - Earn up to $2.05(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Bauer Lab University of Michigan [AN62S0B1VD1UT] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $0.05
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Take a 1-min eligibility screener ($0.05), if eligible answer the 20 minute research survey ($2.00 bonus)
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 60; Exc: [1272985-54623] has not been granted; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.5

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: <Gucci>
D

Deleted member 526

Tomorrow is my Bday and I am sitting here lost at what to do haha. I am approaching a year sober so this will be the first one I haven't been hammered for in something like 23 years o_O Should a 43 y/o have a cake n ice cream party? My friends keep asking me to go out for it but they all want to go to bars/clubs. Even had one suggest a kegger BBQ :confused: I love being sober but it is times like this where I am "wtf do I do now"
or actually what about cheeseburgers and pop for dinner at your house on a night when there is something you guys want to watch on tv?

Reactions: <Gucci> and SAJ

charlie

Reaction score
Now these both sound like tons of fun if I let them get hammered and be the DD bringing them to these places :ROFL:
go see a movie you've wanted to see but haven't had time for. go find a local band that you know of and go watch it. no need to have a drink at either spot. go out and enjoy yourself no matter what you do. plenty of places to go and things to do where alcohol is not needed. i do drink but i go out all the time to places where alcohol is not even a factor. above all, just go enjoy yourself and the nearly a year of sobriety. both are worthy of celebrating no matter what you do (so long you don't have a drink). and.. you're never too old to go kart racing :D. do you have an iFly close to you? that's the indoor skydiving place. I've heard great things from a lot of people i know who have gone there with and without their kids.

Last edited:

Horse Feathers

There's no future in time travel.
Contributor
Reaction score
Anything is better than starting again. Sept. 25th will be 12 years sober for me. Trust me it only gets easier. remember, one day at a time as cliche as it sounds. It's true.

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
go see a movie you've wanted to see but haven't had time for. go find a local band that you know of and go watch it. no need to have a drink at either spot. go out and enjoy yourself no matter what you do. plenty of places to go and things to do where alcohol is not needed. i do drink but i go out all the time to places where alcohol is not even a factor. above all, just go enjoy yourself and the nearly a year of sobriety. both are worthy of celebrating no matter what you do (so long you don't have a drink). and.. you're never too old to go kart racing :D. do you have an iFly close to you? that's the indoor skydiving place. I've heard great things from a lot of people i know who have gone there with and without their kids.
Great suggestions and the iFly sounds awesome and I bet there is one somewhere here in SF Bay Area, if not tomorrow I need to find out for sure and go do that. Thanks!

Reactions: <Gucci>

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Anything is better than starting again. Sept. 25th will be 12 years sober for me. Trust me it only gets easier. remember, one day at a time as cliche as it sounds. It's true.
Nice and congrats on 12 years! It has been pretty easy tbh other than getting super annoyed by others that are drunk lol, but not once have I really had that urge to go buy anything and have a drink.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Great suggestions and the iFly sounds awesome and I bet there is one somewhere here in SF Bay Area, if not tomorrow I need to find out for sure and go do that. Thanks!
Speaking of flying, if you wanted, you could lookup local flight schools. They usually offer an introductory lesson free, or at a discounted rate, to see if flying is something you'd be interested in. Anyway, they let you fly for a few, once you're up there. Not a bad present to yourself. I've done it 3 times. Once for $75, once for $45 and once for free.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of flying, if you wanted, you could lookup local flight schools. They usually offer an introductory lesson free, or at a discounted rate, to see if flying is something you'd be interested in. Anyway, they let you fly for a few, once you're up there. Not a bad present to yourself. I've done it 3 times. Once for $75, once for $45 and once for free.
That is something I enjoyed doing when I was back home in NH. Was able to fly around over Lake Winnipesaukee :)

Reactions: <Gucci> and Jerami

DCI

Reaction score
I turned 40 yesterday and spent the day moving furniture. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I facepalm pretty hard at middle aged people that still view birthdays as their special day. That being said, there's no lack of things to do that don't involve drinking. It might help to have some more sober friends.

D

Deleted member 526

I turned 40 yesterday and spent the day moving furniture. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I facepalm pretty hard at middle aged people that still view birthdays as their special day. That being said, there's no lack of things to do that don't involve drinking. It might help to have some more sober friends.
Happy birthday late :)

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Happy Birthday.... yeah not so much "special day" but more a reason to go out and do something since I otherwise do nothing most of the year.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I agree but, in this case, since he's been REALLY good this year, we'll make an exception.
:)

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Happy Birthday.... yeah not so much "special day" but more a reason to go out and do something since I otherwise do nothing most of the year.
Hells yeah! Floggin' treat yourself, man!:) Ain't no one else gonna do it. Besides, lots of peoples lives turn miserable when they quit drinking. Any excuse to have a good day and maybe make memory, since you missed out on so many others. Also, laugh to yourself at how far you can get on lees money when you aren't renting booze.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.