08/28 - Forbidden Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
Lol not sure how i should respond to this , Tell them to make a compensation hit?
yes, they should compensate you. If there's a little more you needed to do (I didn't read thread carefully - just that you worked on it). But if there's a little more to do you could ask access to complete it

Reactions: freekshow420

shellsy515

Reaction score
For the RVD Team hits, what do they mean when they want you to judge the "naturalness" of an audio sample?

alk69

Reaction score
I've tried doing several about half of them are loading.
Seen this before when they are loading a large number fast. Occasionally they have stopped MTurk too. Hoping for improvement. I'm not risking My favorite qual for a few cents.....I did one that I submited. Most of it was black. The images that do appear are bad at best.

Reactions: KYKITTY

freekshow420

Reaction score
yes, they should compensate you. If there's a little more you needed to do (I didn't read thread carefully - just that you worked on it). But if there's a little more to do you could ask access to complete it
i just asked them if they could make an compensation hit for the time i provided and completed , but if there is more to the study that i need to finish to complete it then i would be more then happy to finish the study.

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Seen this before when they are loading a large number fast. Occasionally they have stopped MTurk too. Hoping for improvement. I'm not risking My favorite qual for a few cents.....I did one that I submited. Most of it was black. The images that do appear are bad at best.
Should I just wait them out and see if they start loading right.

Reactions: alk69

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hey, this worked out a little better than I thought...

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from William Dallinger for work related to 3S1L4CQSFXYIGC08RU9Z7WX9E8BFAT.
The value of your bonus is: $8.83 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for participating in the study. Here is your bonus. You may also receive an additional bonus payment if the advice you left helps somebody complete the task.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk
https://www.mturk.com

shellsy515

Reaction score
I've always just thought they meant, how close to a human's voice it is.
Oh. Okay ,thanks. I always start these and then panic because I'm not sure what I'm doing. lol

Reactions: Michele

JCIII

Reaction score
I finished that $3.00 HIT there were 8 blocks of faces to go through, I spent 2 hours 4 minutes on it, I am WAY stubborn and refuse to give up ever. I told them I went straight through with no breaks and it was not possible to do it in the allotted time. The HIT did allow me to submit even though the timer was 34 minutes over.

I really hope they make this worth it;

Acidhoe

Reaction score
I finished that $3.00 HIT there were 8 blocks of faces to go through, I spent 2 hours 4 minutes on it, I am WAY stubborn and refuse to give up ever. I told them I went straight through with no breaks and it was not possible to do it in the allotted time. The HIT did allow me to submit even though the timer was 34 minutes over.

I finished it also, and sent them an email about how it was not possible. Also how slow and laggy their interface is, sometimes waiting 5 second other times waiting 20 seconds to move forward. I timed out at the 6th block.

Reactions: freekshow420

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw all the return reviews and noped out

Reactions: MirrorMan

freekshow420

Reaction score
I finished it also, and sent them an email about how it was not possible. Also how slow and laggy their interface is, sometimes waiting 5 second other times waiting 20 seconds to move forward. I timed out at the 6th block.
kind of makes me wish i finished the other two blocks , i got to the 6th as well when it timed out so i returned it but i did send them emails and they did respond once but haven't since

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score

I hope there is a hefty bonus for you that was promised on this HIT, because that $1.50/hr wage is not the best.

Reactions: Merovign

FrankGeorge

Reaction score
Just a heads up . There is a requester that posts a survey thing for $3. It was called

Decision Making in Human Machine Teams (HMT) . This is a huge rip off. It's an experiment that takes over 3 hours to complete. At the end they don't even give you a completion code. I'd avoid this one. It's the same one that mirror man got above.

Last edited:

shellsy515

Reaction score
I think I did that one. Who was the requester on that?

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Play a negotiation game (with surveys)! | Accept
Requester: Johnathan Mell [A1T2G9RUJWDCVC] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$24.20] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.05] [Fast=3.75] [Comm=4.33] [Fair=4.14] [Reviews=24] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: A 5-minute survey, followed by a 7-minute online negotiation game, followed by a final, 5-minute survey.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Man I am seeing a lot of really low paying stuff. :(

On the other hand (and not sure it's a good HIT yet), I just logged back in and my little Panda caught a HIT I put in two days ago, so, not all bad luck.

Hope everyone else made mad bucks yesterday, I was on the phone (it seemed) all day about medical stuff, and then my internet went down.

But I have a 2 day 3D print running and it looks like it's going to be fine, so that's good too.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions on gun-related topics | Accept
Requester: Natalie Bourman-Karns [A372RFH8T57BBS] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.50] [Pay=Unrated] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 0
Description: Answer questions about your reactions to and opinions about gun-related topics, such as gun control, gun rights, crime and gun violence, activism and so on.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Status
Not open for further replies.