08/28 - Weird Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Reaction score
I would think not, but I know they fixed up the backend of things to avoid that in the future as well change the default message when it reads things as a bank issue. Also an additional check between AP and banks, but nothing that will be noticeable. I heard that JB just had to skip dessert at lunch today and it will cover the cost, so requesters have no worries.
Watch, wait and see. This will be picked up somewhere. Nothing is free. And remember to change those passwords. It still seems that as long as it took to fix this, it really could have been a hack attack.

Reactions: HelloHello

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Good Morning!!! I woke up this morning to my Amazon Payments balance at zero. I can't even express how much this helps me. I have been really struggling this summer. Amazon has a loyal fan for life here.....I need to go set up my shrine...

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Anyone think there will be a raise in Amazon cost for requesters to pay for this? :eek:
I don't think so. Since it wasn't just mturk people that had the problem. Apparently "sellers" were also experiencing the same problem. I think the reason they did this was to save money for themselves. I called and tried to pay off the balance, but the customer service person said they didn't have any system in place that could accept the money....I bet they do now...

Pugmom

Reaction score
I don't think so. Since it wasn't just mturk people that had the problem. Apparently "sellers" were also experiencing the same problem. I think the reason they did this was to save money for themselves. I called and tried to pay off the balance, but the customer service person said they didn't have any system in place that could accept the money....I bet they do now...
I tried to pay them back too and there just wasn't a way to do it without working it off. The $189 I did get went to my propane bill, so it helped me a ton. I bet the people who got several hundred-thousand are partying in the streets right now though lol.

cassius

Reaction score
I tried to pay them back too and there just wasn't a way to do it without working it off. The $189 I did get went to my propane bill, so it helped me a ton. I bet the people who got several hundred-thousand are partying in the streets right now though lol.
It's been a long time since I signed up, but I remember sending $1.00 to what I thought was to Amazon from my bank account to set up the account and make sure it works. That doesn't apply anymore? If a $1.00 can be sent so can more?

SergiuH

Reaction score
If you think it was the update try an older firefox version, try here https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/install-older-version-of-firefox and mid page has Firefox ESR which has all the security updates but none of the rest of the bloat. When you do reinstall just go one script at a time and check function and rule things out. Make sure you do not have Ublock or an adware or firewall interfering as well.
I did that, somehow scripts working now (even if i close mozilla) but panda still not working. Panda worked for a while with this version of mozilla, i put old version and still not working.

Reactions: LucyO
Status
Not open for further replies.