08/30 - Houston Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to calm down a bit so I can use my adult words and then hit their website and twitter plus any other way I can find.
acting like an adult is always the best course of action. even if they have not shown you the same courtesy. flies with honey and all that.

Kuddish

Me fail English! That's unpossible
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice way to start

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Marema Gaye for work related to 32L724R85L6FZ0UER3DXJPTX713PIC.
The value of your bonus is: $2.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
Hi – Thank you so much for completing my academic survey. Your responses are very helpful and appreciated. This bonus payment reflects the additional payment you earned. Thanks again Marema

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk
https://www.mturk.com

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oh boy I really wasn't mad about the 16 Monkey Learn rejects till just now...

Hi, Steven.

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you've taken to write to us asking about the rejection. I just wanted to let you know that we manually revised a random subsample of the batch we sent (20%) and most of the annotations were wrong. Since this was a binary annotation task, we had no alternative but to reject the whole batch. I know this might seem unfair to workers who might have provided good annotations, but, as you will understand, if we have to change most of the annotations of a binary annotation task manually, we'd prefer to annotate the samples ourselves.

If you think there was a problem with the task itself, we would really appreciate it if you could give us feedback on the instructions of the task so as to help us improve our future submissions.

Regards,

Hernán.
If you're going to check 20% of the HITs, why not do 20% from each person, then reject or accept their individual contributions based on that check?

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh boy I really wasn't mad about the 16 Monkey Learn rejects till just now...

Hi, Steven.

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you've taken to write to us asking about the rejection. I just wanted to let you know that we manually revised a random subsample of the batch we sent (20%) and most of the annotations were wrong. Since this was a binary annotation task, we had no alternative but to reject the whole batch. I know this might seem unfair to workers who might have provided good annotations, but, as you will understand, if we have to change most of the annotations of a binary annotation task manually, we'd prefer to annotate the samples ourselves.

If you think there was a problem with the task itself, we would really appreciate it if you could give us feedback on the instructions of the task so as to help us improve our future submissions.

Regards,

Hernán.
Mass rejects, blocks, then asks for help improving their HITs :thinking:

Mr. Krabs

Another Day Another Nickel
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Decision Making Task vC3 (Extra bonus up to $3.00) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Yale Institute for Network Science [A2CGQ5942WIRAV] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.26] [Fast: 4.91] [Comm: 4.23] [Fair: 4.93] [Reviews: 183] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $2.00
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Perform a decision making task with other Mechanical Turk workers. Bonuses are awarded based on performance. The task will take 10 - 15 minutes. If you accept this HIT you will have to fully participate in the task in order to get paid.
Requirements: None;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.5

Mr. Krabs

Another Day Another Nickel
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Smeeble day 2, continue to learn a small part of a new language. | PANDA
Requester: Kenny Smith [A2K4C3ROA6ONU2] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.56] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 10] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: 0.04 days] [Res: 100% of 1] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$4.00
Duration: 3 hours
Description: Smeeble day 2, continue to learn a small part of a new language. The further you progress the more you earn (up to $6 total pay, plus unlock extra HITs).
Requirements: Smeeble 2017 version D day 1 Exists ; Location EqualTo US;

If you did part 1 yesterday

Reactions: kryss

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
If you're going to check 20% of the HITs, why not do 20% from each person, then reject or accept their individual contributions based on that check?
Yeah I don't quite buy this reason from them either because the rejects showed up really soon after I did the 16 hits of that batch. I was doing the price ones and then they switched to a dif batch and panda caught 16 before I turned it off. I was going to return them because I didn't like the subject as much but then looked and did them anyways. The 100 ish of the other batch are just fine sitting there pending.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah I don't quite buy this reason from them either because the rejects showed up really soon after I did the 16 hits of that batch. I was doing the price ones and then they switched to a dif batch and panda caught 16 before I turned it off. I was going to return them because I didn't like the subject as much but then looked and did them anyways. The 100 ish of the other batch are just fine sitting there pending.
Well, don't be too quick to discount the fact that people submit horrible, awful, very no good work all the time. If you've ever done a review batch of any kind, you'll see that immediately.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
On the bright side tho since 2008 this is the first time I have had more than 1 hit rejected so I guess that is a pretty damn good thing. Just got my blood boiling to go from 12 to 28 rejects.....the number 28 though is growing on me. I'll justify accepting it because 28 is my birthday....yeah that will work.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Click and navigate through web design editor's menu | PANDA
Requester: Erik Goyette [A3CHW1W96G7AI] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $0.50
Duration: 3 hours
Description: Help us understand where you would intuitively click to complete certain actions in a website editor in 9 short tests (10-15 seconds each)
Requirements: Current palette navigation test 1 DoesNotExist ; Location In AU, CA, GB, NZ, US;

Status
Not open for further replies.