08/31 - Money Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransie

Equality Advocate
Contributor
Reaction score
A few years ago I was making $200 per week. Now I'm lucky to hit half that. Having a 4 year old at home may factor into that but it has definitely dried up significantly. We used to joke that we were training the machines to take our jobs. Looks like we did a good job of it.
I see your concerns and I have noticed it too, is it possible that they're adding too many new workers and the slice of the cake is becoming smaller and smaller for everybody?!? At some point they have to stop adding new people, they have to replace the quitters and that's it. Otherwise we will all strive to make decent money. What's the point of keep on adding new members if you can't guarantee them not even the lowest income? We will reach a point where we will all make 1 dollar a day and we will spend our days fighting for that dollar. It's nonsense.

GTR

Reaction score
Does anyone have a script for tracking Prolific earnings? That place has been saving my butt today.
I have not seen or heard of one, I just periodically look at the submissions page and add up what I have done so far for that day then google that amount and convert to USD

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I see your concerns and I have noticed it too, is it possible that they're adding too many new workers and the slice of the cake is becoming smaller and smaller for everybody?!? At some point they have to stop adding new people, they have to replace the quitters and that's it. Otherwise we will all strive to make decent money. What's the point of keep on adding new members if you can't guarantee them not even the lowest income? We will reach a point where we will all make 1 dollar a day and we will spend our days fighting for that dollar. It's nonsense.
It's a combination of new workers, the interface update from a few years back that really reduced hoarding, and the fact that the juicy batch jobs like Two Lakes, William Letson, Yeti, etc. just aren't there anymore. I remember making mega bank on OCMP5 categorization hits, Hotel Photos categorization, various image tagging jobs. Those kind of jobs are increasingly rare on Mturk.

GTR

Reaction score
Mturk has been slow I agree, and up until August it was abysmal for me, but some were due to me being sick and also a lot of the RQ's I worked for just poofed into thin air. But I made $1200 this month due to getting lucky on some big paying surveys/studies and some new batches that popped up, plus prolific helped a bit too. I can't say it will pick up truly on turk but I hope it does for all of us...

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
About 4-5 years ago mturk drastically raised their rates - some requestors saw their fees double or more. Hits fell off by half. Some requestors went to Prolific, others like Crowdsource started their own sites. Mturk has never really recovered from that. Covid19 has shut down a lot o schools this spring/summer, we are teaching machines to replace us - more AI is doing jobs we used to do. New workers I think are only part of the equation.
I've been on Mturk since 06. It seems like since 2010 or 2012 you always hear ppl complaining about new workers and the death of Mturk.

Reactions: GTR and Ransie

Guitar8907

Reaction score
A few years ago I was making $200 per week. Now I'm lucky to hit half that. Having a 4 year old at home may factor into that but it has definitely dried up significantly. We used to joke that we were training the machines to take our jobs. Looks like we did a good job of it.
I'm 31, still live at home, no friends, no kids, single. I definitely have the time to make money, but it's just not happening

LongAgoPanda

Reaction score
I have been playing around on mturk off an on for well over ten years. Its very different than it was and I have no idea how people are able to support themselves on it now.

Ransie

Equality Advocate
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm 31, still live at home, no friends, no kids, single. I definitely have the time to make money, but it's just not happening
Same thing here. 12 hours spent in front of a pc and I can barely pay for the phone bill and the electricity.

alk69

Reaction score
I have been playing around on mturk off an on for well over ten years. Its very different than it was and I have no idea how people are able to support themselves on it now.
So.....you've been doing this since you were 11? I'm surprised they gave you an account......or is this one of those ''you don't ask a lady her age'' things. Like when I was 39 for twelve years.(I quit doing that 'cause I kept losing count of how old I really was)

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: UF WebGL Virtual Agent Qualification Task | PANDA
Requester: Ruiz HCI Lab [A2E5EQNGMXHPA3] (Req TV): $15.55/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
This qualification tasks makes sure you are able to run WebGl and future UF Virutal Agent HITs.
Time: 5 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.15
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Qual HIT.

Reactions: Blakkat

cassius

Reaction score
On this date in 1997, Diana, Princess of Wales, died in a car crash in Paris, France. The television audience for Diana's funeral, broadcast around the world, was believed to be around 2.5 billion viewers. Conspiracy theories surrounding Princess Diana's death emerged almost immediately and, despite official inquiries by both the French and UK governments, the accident remains shrouded in suspicion.

Guitar8907

Reaction score
I use Mturk engine, Hit forker, Qualifeye, Mturkcrowd, Turkerview forum, Tampermonkey, Mturk Suite, Panda crazy, Hit finder, Hit catcher, O.TT.O, and O.TT.O forum

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Ransie and savvy

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score

infomista

Reaction score
On this date in 1997, Diana, Princess of Wales, died in a car crash in Paris, France. The television audience for Diana's funeral, broadcast around the world, was believed to be around 2.5 billion viewers. Conspiracy theories surrounding Princess Diana's death emerged almost immediately and, despite official inquiries by both the French and UK governments, the accident remains shrouded in suspicion.
I remember my husband calling me at a friend's house to tell me. Before everyone was wired together like they are now. It was such a shock.

Reactions: cassius

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Scenario Study(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: josh.wiener@okstate.edu [A2ZTECTX04M1LY] (Req TV): $12.47/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Brief study involving reading a scenario and answering questions
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 44
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Exc: [735335167-242504] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
Is there a script available that handles links to websites redirecting to mturkcontent.com/dynamic/websiteURLhere?

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Decision-Making Opinion Survey(~ 9 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Jordan Axt [AGGYIUAXD9YT3] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.16] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.10
Duration: 45:00
Available: 0
Description: Complete a psychology study about your opinions and beliefs
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Reactions: infomista
Status
Not open for further replies.