08/31 - Sarcastic Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

• Haha
Reactions: JanetW

cassius

Reaction score
everybody keeps asking about DAC7. here is an explanation:
What is DAC7? DAC stands for 'Directive on Administrative Cooperation in the field of taxation'. It's the 7th amendment to the Directive, hence DAC7. It is EU legislation that requires digital platforms operating in the EU to report the income of the sellers on their platform to tax authorities.Aug 13, 2024

We are not sellars on mturk. that would be the other side. we are not in the EU. we are in the US. is the US in the european union?

https://simplyvat.com/everything-yo...at is DAC7?,their platform to tax authorities.

sellars, sellars, sellars, mturk workers are not sellars. those EU companies that sold to mturk are, not us.

still sellers:
Crowd-lending platforms and payment service providers are outside the scope of the obligations. However, crowdfunding may be and therefore, we also suggest that you make sure you are on top of your tax obligations when choosing to use one of these platforms.

Last edited:

cassius

Reaction score
there's a 4.00 presidential survey up on connect. paid immediately

Reactions: HelloHello

jenu

Reaction score
everybody keeps asking about DAC7. here is an explanation:
What is DAC7? DAC stands for 'Directive on Administrative Cooperation in the field of taxation'. It's the 7th amendment to the Directive, hence DAC7. It is EU legislation that requires digital platforms operating in the EU to report the income of the sellers on their platform to tax authorities.Aug 13, 2024

We are not sellars on mturk. that would be the other side. we are not in the EU. we are in the US. is the US in the european union?

https://simplyvat.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-dac7-faqs/#:~:text=What is DAC7?,their platform to tax authorities.

sellars, sellars, sellars, mturk workers are not sellars. those EU companies that sold to mturk are, not us.

still sellers:
Crowd-lending platforms and payment service providers are outside the scope of the obligations. However, crowdfunding may be and therefore, we also suggest that you make sure you are on top of your tax obligations when choosing to use one of these platforms.
You are barking up the wrong tree with this. You'd better read the email that Amazon sent you once again! The DAC7 Directive applies to all participants on the Amazon platform. It is therefore normal that those who did not comply with the directive, remained with their eyes in the sun!

cassius

Reaction score

jenu

Reaction score
DAC7 ! What happens if I don’t submit the right information to marketplaces?
Ebay, Amazon, Etsy and Vinted all have different penalties for non-compliance, so we advise you to check their terms of service. The most common consequence is that your account could be suspended or deactivated, and your funds withheld.

cassius

Reaction score
DAC7 ! What happens if I don’t submit the right information to marketplaces?
Ebay, Amazon, Etsy and Vinted all have different penalties for non-compliance, so we advise you to check their terms of service. The most common consequence is that your account could be suspended or deactivated, and your funds withheld.
if you are a seller, yes, perhaps and you are a member of the EU. just because amazon put that up doesn't make it so. only makes it that someone put it up that didn't read it. was that you? and that's all i have to say.

Willie_Cat

Contributor
Reaction score
Our work on MTurk does not recognize the boundaries of the US. We do work for Bocconi in Italy, Leeds in the UK, etc. Those earnings may be of interest to the EU. My $0.02.

jenu

Reaction score
we are workers. we are not sellars. that is the point.
Please read the email you received from Mturk Amazon ! Did you received "Valid" from the "Tax Questionnaire for DAC7"?

Last edited:

mypaperheart

Reaction score
My reply from mturk. I’ve been emailing the address they gave me daily since I got suspended and they haven’t replied to me lol.

Hey there,

Upon review of your Amazon Pay account, I see that your account is suspended.

Mechanical Turk uses Amazon Pay for verification purposes, but it’s a separate Amazon service.

For help with account creation, verification, review, or suspension, contact Amazon Pay directly at the following email address:

payments-verification@amazon.com

cassius

Reaction score
Please read the email you received from Mturk Amazon ! Did you received "Valid" from the "Tax Questionnaire for DAC7"?
I come from a bit of a line of income tax workers. I asked questions from folks who can figure out the answers. what i heard was if i'm selling in the EU, like amazon itself sells in the EU, then might consider filling it out. otherwise, just a worker.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Connect
Consumer Preferences Survey
8/31/2024
0.65payment
8.21per hour
5minutes
Participants will answer questions about their attitudes and perceptions related to consumer products/experiences. In addition to the posted compensation, there will also be an opportunity to enroll in a random lottery drawing at a later date to receive a $10 bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.