08/31 - Sarcastic Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
everybody keeps asking about DAC7. here is an explanation:
What is DAC7? DAC stands for 'Directive on Administrative Cooperation in the field of taxation'. It's the 7th amendment to the Directive, hence DAC7. It is EU legislation that requires digital platforms operating in the EU to report the income of the sellers on their platform to tax authorities.Aug 13, 2024

We are not sellars on mturk. that would be the other side. we are not in the EU. we are in the US. is the US in the european union?

https://simplyvat.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-dac7-faqs/#:~:text=What is DAC7?,their platform to tax authorities.

sellars, sellars, sellars, mturk workers are not sellars. those EU companies that sold to mturk are, not us.

still sellers:
Crowd-lending platforms and payment service providers are outside the scope of the obligations. However, crowdfunding may be and therefore, we also suggest that you make sure you are on top of your tax obligations when choosing to use one of these platforms.
I agree. I don't think DAC7 has anything to do with anything that's going on. It was for European workers. Some US workers filled it out, some did not (I was one of the ones that did not fill it out because I wasn't turking at that time.) Considering that suspensions have gone out to people who filled it out, and to people who didn't, I think we can pretty safely conclude that it has nothing to do with the suspensions.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if this is coincidental or not, but a card I have used to pay for goods on Amazon was just used 3 times from an online company in the UK. I was notified of unusual activity by the card fraud system and stopped authorization and cancelled the card.

• Wow
Reactions: HelloHello

cassius

Reaction score
I don't know if this is coincidental or not, but a card I have used to pay for goods on Amazon was just used 3 times from an online company in the UK. I was notified of unusual activity by the card fraud system and stopped authorization and cancelled the card.
yep, i'd say that's relevant and who knows a reporter??? fast.

cassius

Reaction score
I agree. I don't think DAC7 has anything to do with anything that's going on. It was for European workers. Some US workers filled it out, some did not (I was one of the ones that did not fill it out because I wasn't turking at that time.) Considering that suspensions have gone out to people who filled it out, and to people who didn't, I think we can pretty safely conclude that it has nothing to do with the suspensions.
unless the DAC forms/info were stolen and then sold on the dark web. there was something really fishy about that whole thing and amazon was never forthright with answers considering they were the only site asking for it.

Reactions: mypaperheart

HelloHello

Reaction score
Disney Movie Insiders: 3-Month Disney Bundle Trio Basic Streaming Service FREE

I posted this yesterday. I had a lot of trouble getting the promo code given to apply and had to go through customer service (telephone with Hulu their chat is not working) - cancelled current Hulu plan to get it to work

jenu

Reaction score
You talk without knowing what you are talking about. A large part of those who filled it in, did it in the wrong way, because they ticked the box that should not have been ticked in that form.
In the email from Amazon, it was clearly stated that we all have to tick a certain box!

Last edited:

cassius

Reaction score
You talk without knowing what you are talking about. A large part of those who filled it in, did it in the wrong way, because they ticked the box that should not have been ticked in that form.
In the email from Amazon, it was clearly stated that we all have to tick a certain box!
sorry, i had help from someone from the irs
i think they know more than you.

jenu

Reaction score
Doesn't anyone export a hit anymore? Or a cat?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Well, I never received an email from Amazon about it, and I never filled out the DAC7 stuff, and my account hasn't been suspended (yet), so idk what to tell you.

jenu

Reaction score
Well, I never received an email from Amazon about it, and I never filled out the DAC7 stuff, and my account hasn't been suspended (yet), so idk what to tell you.
Believe what I told you, because I am always right!

Last edited:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Believe what I told you, because I am always right!
Whatever. Every time I've looked in here this week, I've seen you involved in arguments with people, and have had to answer reports about it, so I'm going to ask you once to let all of this stuff about DAC7 go, and to please be mindful about how you use this forum going forward. If you can't contribute to these work threads without constantly disagreeing with everyone else, then maybe this isn't the place for you.

jan

Reaction score
fwiw, I could only tell that I was suspended when I couldn't accept a hit (everything looked normal until I tried to accept it).

(Perhaps you've already tried? This thing is so frustrating :(

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
fwiw, I could only tell that I was suspended when I couldn't accept a hit (everything looked normal until I tried to accept it).

(Perhaps you've already tried? This thing is so frustrating :(
Yeah, I just tried about an hour ago and was able to accept one. I'm sorry that you all are having to deal with this, and having had my account suspended once before, I can sympathize with how frustrating and hopeless that feeling is. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this is something that is slowly rolling out to everyone, and that I'll get mine eventually, but who knows? I suppose only a select few at Amazon know for sure if this was done intentionally or by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.