09/02 - Money Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

cassius

Reaction score
got a notice in email for a second survey to do. how are we handling these? ignoring them or letting the requester know that amazon has a problem and kicked off all the workers? this does affect their research afterall.

cassius

Reaction score
I sent the requester a notice that they could check mturk reddit and see how many have been suspended. maybe if enough requesters realize they've lost their workers, they'll do some "requesting" of monies back. They were counting on the original workers to complete their set of surveys.

HelloHello

Reaction score
I sent the requester a notice that they could check mturk reddit and see how many have been suspended. maybe if enough requesters realize they've lost their workers, they'll do some "requesting" of monies back. They were counting on the original workers to complete their set of surveys.
I'm not banned but I haven't noticed that I get any more Hits!

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
From Amazon Service Health Dashboard:

Current Status - Sep 2, 2024 PST

Workers may be experiencing issues when accessing the worker UI to access and submit tasks. We are actively investigating Less ▲

[2024-09-02 07:54 AM] we have identified a system issue that prevented some workers from accessing the worker UI, and recovery is currently in progress.

There is also a form for workers to submit probs

https://support.aws.amazon.com/#/contacts/aws-mechanical-turk

For assistance on account suspension and reinstatement related inquiries please contact mturk-account-appeals@amazon.com from the email address registered to your account.

Last edited:

cassius

Reaction score
well, that was strange. i have an older friend who is of sound mind, etc and has a husband, the same. she sent me an email from an outlook email address asking me to pick up an apple gift card for her. she said she'd tell me how to get it to her and collect payment. she said everywhere around her was sold out of them.
i'm like what? she has a husband that can find her one if it's that important. she said it's for an ill friend. the email this particular post came from is from outlook. all the emails she sends me come from a regular local internet provider. but this one. i suspect something suspicious. Am i wrong?

Reactions: HelloHello

mypaperheart

Reaction score
From Amazon Service Health Dashboard:

Current Status - Sep 2, 2024 PST

Workers may be experiencing issues when accessing the worker UI to access and submit tasks. We are actively investigating Less ▲

[2024-09-02 07:54 AM] we have identified a system issue that prevented some workers from accessing the worker UI, and recovery is currently in progress.

There is also a form for workers to submit probs

https://support.aws.amazon.com/#/contacts/aws-mechanical-turk

For assistance on account suspension and reinstatement related inquiries please contact mturk-account-appeals@amazon.com from the email address registered to your account.
About time they are addressing this!

mypaperheart

Reaction score
well, that was strange. i have an older friend who is of sound mind, etc and has a husband, the same. she sent me an email from an outlook email address asking me to pick up an apple gift card for her. she said she'd tell me how to get it to her and collect payment. she said everywhere around her was sold out of them.
i'm like what? she has a husband that can find her one if it's that important. she said it's for an ill friend. the email this particular post came from is from outlook. all the emails she sends me come from a regular local internet provider. but this one. i suspect something suspicious. Am i wrong?
Scam for sure! Call her or contact her a different way to let her know she's been hacked in some way.

cassius

Reaction score
Scam for sure! Call her or contact her a different way to let her know she's been hacked in some way.
I emailed her through her internet provider account. after i wrote the message here, my electric went out and came back on at least i think that's what happened. seems strange since we aren't running the AC nearly as much today as earlier in week in this area. but that put internet down. got it back however. really, really strange. i hope she's okay. whatever wrote the email knew some personal things about her like why she needed the card, and a bit about her health. but then smartphones spy on us all the time. just really spooked me. she'd never ask me to do something that involved money. really strange

sweetpea0678

Reaction score
well, well, well, i found my acknowledgement of my amazon complaint form in the spam folder marked in red as spam. okay, i got a number now.
Thanks to your message I just checked my spam folder and my acknowledgement was in there also. It was marked in red and said "This message seems dangerous." I sure hope this all gets fixed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.